The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I'm sure there was a female bassist before the alleged great firing of earlier this year, but I thought she'd left then.

There was... it was Megan Thomas of Lez Zeppelin.
She was the bass player for the Popestar Tour in Autumn of 2016.
She was really, really good, I thought.
After the purge, for whatever reason, she did not remain in Ghost, and Per Eriksson took over on bass.
Tobias... um... I mean Papa, wanted a more visually energetic onstage presence, and you can see that these Ghouls are much more expressive and "rock starry" than the previous ones. Megan didn't move around much... Per is all over the place... so maybe that had something to do with it.

An interesting fact: During the Lincoln show, H used only 4 guitars. This is less than any other show this year.

Black Les Paul Standard: IESF, FOTD, IM, TNOTB
Jackson Custom Shop prototype (serial 8432): SOL, Wrathchild, COTD, DOG, Powerslave
Jackson Custom Shop AS green sunburst: TRATB, Trooper, TBOS, BB, WY
Black Les Paul Custom: TGU

Wouldn't it be a giveaway if one ghoul is playing with his leg propped up at shoulder height?

I don't think Papa Emeritus will appreciate having one of his ghouls crawling between his legs and hitting him with a guitar in the face. We will have a few Marilyn Monroe moments with the ghost cape during the spins.

the problem is Bruce struggles with fast paced songs.... he does fine with BOS songs but some of the "classics" like The Trooper, he has a really hard time with. He does fine with COTD as it's a slower paced song
Agreed. The album speed IESF is best for Bruce to engage his voice properly.

I agree too. And I think it is generally true for Maiden songs, as there are many that are quite busy for Bruce (i.e. many words, short breaks in the vocal parts). In order for him (or any singer) to sound his best, the song must be performed at a suitable pace. Quite often, the album pace is about as fast as it can be.

The most problematic songs on this tour are TRATB and Trooper (and maybe Wrathchild). I indeed think that IESF is the best son from that point of view, also Wasted Years and COTD.

Back