The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Seems like most of that stuff was happening way back on the lawn. It was still a wild show, LA always is. A couple mistakes, and H disappeared for half of Red and the Black, which they cut short. But a fun time. My son's review: "It was really loud, and really crazy."
I think I know why H disappeared. He had problems with in-ears. I just saw a video of DOG, where he pulls them out, angry.

He also switched the LP for Jackson proto. after 10 secs of Wrathchild.

Also the 8432 Jackson prototype was used for the first time during Powerslave this year.

Last edited:
Awesome show last night in so Cal. Had a blast. Had a first timer in my group and she summed up her experience as "terrifyingly beautiful!!"
What an incredible night all around. Highlight for me was Powerslave! Seemed to have more umph than last year.
Crowd was plugged in big time! Seemed to be the largest crowd I've seen at Glenhelen. I read 30,000 plus on a YouTube thread. Wasted Years is my wife's favorite song, so no listening as we head down like with running free:p..
So the traffic situation: horrendous. But the band was on fire and well worth the traffic.
10/10 night all around. I swear they are actually getting better all the time. Everyone agreed --better vibe/performance than last leg. God I love these guys!

A great Bruce quote from the San Bernardino show after WY:

"Have a wonderful 4th of July, even though I think the wrong side won!"

I preferred the "we'll be back soon"! Remark myself!! But yes that was funny when Bruce snuck that patriotic remark in! :D. It shows the beauty of having a seance of humor, on both his part and that of the home audience. :cheers:
I imagine There are places/countries where a similar remark wouldn't go over as well!!.

Came back out of boredom.. I'm 8th in the FTTB line sitting in the sun. It's 105 degrees. What a great location they chose for the meetup!

Back