The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Guys, I think I figured out what happened... They intended to play Powerslave since the beginning, so they put "The Wicker Man" on the setlist just to get through the chinese censorship. Or they first sent a setlist with "Powerslave" written on it, the government didn't approve, so they sent another one with "The Wicker Man", but they were still intending to play Powerslave. Why am I saying this? I saw a short video on twitter of Bruce singing "Tell me why i had to be a Wickerman". I don't know if you can see the video, but here it is:

https://twitter.com/meina_cat/status/724221714196885504/video/1
That is brilliant.

Guys, I think I figured out what happened... They intended to play Powerslave since the beginning, so they put "The Wicker Man" on the setlist just to get through the chinese censorship. Or they first sent a setlist with "Powerslave" written on it, the government didn't approve, so they sent another one with "The Wicker Man", but they were still intending to play Powerslave. Why am I saying this? I saw a short video on twitter of Bruce singing "Tell me why i had to be a Wickerman". I don't know if you can see the video, but here it is:

What's the punishment for 'lying to and mocking the government censorship' in China?

LOL

Tell me why I had to be a Wicker Man
And don't wanna burn, I'm a virgin Why can't I live on?
When the Law Giver dies, all around is laid waste
And in my last prayer, I'm a fool to the power of death!

I watched a video of powerslave and Bruce sang "Wicker Man" just in the first chorus of Powerslave. But I still believe in my theory :D

Oh that's certainly the way it looks. What I mean is, rather than submitting the actual lyrics to The Wicker Man for approval, they might have submitted Powerslave with slightly altered lyrics and told them it was called The Wicker Man. The only real rule break in that case would be Bruce 'forgetting' to sing the altered lyrics and reverting to the originals in the later choruses. They might be playing it safer than we're giving them credit for.

Maybe someone else posted it, but the pics IM put on their FB page, the "barrier" looked like caution tape.

That's cool that the setlist was kept the same. Also, the Chinese tour shirt is the best one I've seen so far: https://ironmaiden.com/shop/china-event-shirt.html
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

i bought this one
i think its a bootleg but it has the best design in my opinion
too bad it doesnt have the tour dates on it

Hm... No physical flag, but still a huge one on the backdrop. Did censors miss it? ;) Bruce seems to be mocking the fact he's not allowed to use it, so maybe there's indeed something to that Wicker Man line during Powerslave.

Or maybe they just forgot the bloody thing.

EDIT:
I've found full Speed of Light. The same user. Maybe more will be uploaded.

Not really surprised, I just spent some time in Hong Kong and about any public area you walk into had a list of regulations posted and no flags was on that list ... if it is that way in Hong Kong which has more leeway than the rest of China, I am not surprised in the least.

I don't think Bruce is mocking the fact that he's not allowed the flag, I think they're involuntary actions. His mind is telling him to do it.

He looks so lost without it.

Back