The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I'm not really following here, did he sing parts of Wicker Man during Powerslave or something? Was there no change in the setlist for China or not?
Bruce alternated the lyrics in Powerslave. He replaced the word Powerslave with Wicker Man and that was about it.

Edit: A wild Hallowed from China appeared on Youtube. It's pretty slow.

Yeah, someone posted the 'new' lyrics on the previous page. Hence my speculation about whether they actually submitted Powerslave to the Chinese censors under the title 'The Wicker Man', with the amended chorus.

That's making it sound a trifle complicated. Did they not just say they were going to play (i.e. submit) Wicker Man but play Powerslave? Change the chorus, not change the chorus; it doesn't matter, does it? They still played Powerslave anyway, which wasn't on that circulated list.

He sang 'Tell me why I have to be a Wicker Man'. :p

PS.
That video is epic af.

And wow I thought that Wickerpowerslave thing was a joke, but that's kind of interesting. Powerslave wasn't on the approved song list, so then what happened to Brave New World?

That video is epic af.

And wow I thought that Wickerpowerslave thing was a joke, but that's kind of interesting. Powerslave wasn't on the approved song list, so then what happened to Brave New World?

It seems that the Chinese only had problem with the word Powerslave, so the band changed it with Wicker Man and submitted that to the censors. Since Powerslave is the title of the song, they also renamed it and submitted that to the Chinese. BNW was probably originally in the set between COTD and TOAC, but it was dropped due to set lenght.

I'm looking forward to hearing their explanation of this, I'm sure it'll come out, or at least their version will come out. ;)

haha, it seems you guys have lots of questions about maiden's show in China.
here are some videos from China, hope can answer some questions.
the truth which is maiden is great!!! we had lots of fun, click the links under!!!

1, ed force one arrived Beijing
http://weibo.com/p/230444beb5b901f75dc82346ecc9dafd92037f

2, maiden fear of the dark (Beijign)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU0NzM5NzkzMg==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2

3, maiden trooper (Beijing)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU0NzA2OTI0OA==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2

no union jack, haha, but the setlists is exactly the same like any other place!

I have so much respect for Maiden for playing Wickerpower Slaveman in China. Atta boys. Love that China shirt, mildly racist that it's only available in small though...

actually there are lots of video about maiden's show in china on internet, of course in CHINESE , so search it u will find...haha
tonight maiden in Shanghai, should be fun!

According to the Polish IRON MAIDEN fan club SanktuariuM, MAIDEN did not alter "The Book Of Souls" setlist for the Beijing show, although several minor changes in the performance were made — presumably at the reqest of China's Ministry of Culture, which had to approve all of the band's lyrics prior to MAIDEN's Chinese dates being confirmed.
Among the changes:
* There were no pyrotechnics used during the show.
* During the performance of "The Trooper", IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson did not wave a Union Jack flag, but, as can be seen in the video below, he still sported the red coat uniform worn by troops during the battle which inspired the song and waved an "invisible" flag while singing the track. In addition, the Union Jack flag was still prominently displayed on the backdrop during MAIDEN's performance of the song.
* Bruce changed the lyrics to the chorus of the song "Powerslave" from "Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave" to "Tell me why I had to be a Wicker Man."
* IRON MAIDEN was not allowed to throw stuff (wristbands, drum heads, etc.) into the crowd during the concert.
* Bruce didn't swear and had to be careful not to use the "F" word.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...chinese-live-debut-video/#x8j3HjZfM4flhp88.99

Bruce seems to be swearing less in general on this tour. Noticed that at both shows I saw.

That's making it sound a trifle complicated. Did they not just say they were going to play (i.e. submit) Wicker Man but play Powerslave? Change the chorus, not change the chorus; it doesn't matter, does it? They still played Powerslave anyway, which wasn't on that circulated list.
Let's not forget the Maiden guys are our favorite bunch of old lazy farts when it comes to setlists!;)

Back