The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I read something interesting on reddit today. Somebody who claims to know Rod said that Maiden have 2 unwritten rules when it comes to the setlits:
1. If a song isn't played on it's album tour, it won't be played.
2. If a song is dropped in the middle of the tour, it won't be played again.

The second one doesn't seem to be true, because they dropped Where Eagles Dare in '86, but played it again in 2005. But if it's true, Wrathchild won't be played again.

I read something interesting on reddit today. Somebody who claims to know Rod said that Maiden have 2 unwritten rules when it comes to the setlits:
1. If a song isn't played on it's album tour, it won't be played.
2. If a song is dropped in the middle of the tour, it won't be played again.

The second one doesn't seem to be true, because they dropped Where Eagles Dare in '86, but played it again in 2005. But if it's true, Wrathchild won't be played again.

Well, I certainly don't believe "Someone who claims to know Rod" on reddit, but we've pretty much proven the first rule to be true via research, I think.

The second rule maybe applies from 1999 onwards, since there are 3 setlist arbiters (Bruce, Steve and Rod). So if that's true Stranger In A Strange Land, Charlotte The Harlot, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Paschendale and Wrathchild won't see the stage again.

Wrathchild is overplayed.

I have a feeling Paschendale will be back at some point, but they won't dick around with it, they'll just make sure they nail it out of the gate.

What's with all the Wrathchild hate? I like Wrathchild... I'm sure it'll be played again.
I do like the song a lot. But in the perspective of including it to the setlist, I must admit it is THE convenient one: short, simple, classic. These characteristics struck me as particularly conducive to making the song "the easy way out" in a live context when it replaced the more difficult BTATS (both for the band and the general audience) in 2010.

I doubt we'll ever see Paschendale again.

As for the no songs that weren't played on the album tour rule, I still think that rule will be broken at some point.

Even if this supposed friend of a friend of Rod's claim is true, a few years ago he probably would have said "it's an unwritten rule that Maiden will never drop Hallowed Be Thy Name"

Things are never set in stone...

I doubt we'll ever see Paschendale again.

As for the no songs that weren't played on the album tour rule, I still think that rule will be broken at some point.

I think that will happen if they decide to do a gig with an orchestra (something that Nicko and Bruce want to do), we could see Alexander and Empire played live.

Imagine Iron Maiden at RAH in London with an orchestra playing a setlist like this:

Moonchild
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Brave New World
Pachendale
Dance Of Death
Book Of Souls
The Clansman
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Blood Brothers
Alexander The Great
Fear Of The Dark
Hallowed
Empire Of The Clouds

That are all songs that could benefit massively from playing them with an orchestra.

Maybe it's just me, but I have no interest in seeing Maiden with an orchestra. I think it would actually negatively impact their performance level.
Maybe that's true. I can see that negatively impacting some of them, especially Steve and Janick. The others are probably cool with it. Bruce and H have performed with an orchestra before, Nicko has a lifelong wish to perform with one and Dave would probably just smile and nod through the whole thing.

Back