The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I hope they'll have to replace some songs for China and that it inspires them to keep them in the setlist afterwards; mainly BNW and Wicker Man. I want more reunion stuff; apart from TBOS songs and Blood Brothers I already heard all of the other songs live.

Blood Brothers was the song I was looking forward to the least, but they did a pretty spectacular job with it. It was damn good and I am not a really big fan of the song at all (I do not think it is bad, I just like a lot of other songs better)
Love Jan's solo on it and how it builds in intensity. Not my favorite Maiden song either but I don't want it replaced in the current set. Especially given the current social climate, I appreciate Bruce's comments when introducing the song even more.

They should replace The Red & The Black with something else, I'm already yawning just by thinking of hearing it live :p

Honestly TRATB was a little draining for me. If they do drop one song, I'd be fine with it being this in favor of 2 shorter songs.

Blood Brothers was phenomenal live. I wasn't expecting to like it and I absolutely loved every second.

Honestly TRATB was a little draining for me. If they do drop one song, I'd be fine with it being this in favor of 2 shorter songs.

Blood Brothers was phenomenal live. I wasn't expecting to like it and I absolutely loved every second.

Me either, if I had opportunnity to change something it would be like this:

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed Of Light
Children Of The Damned
Tears Of A Clown
The Reincanrnation Of Benjamin Breeg/Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Trooper
Powerslave
Death Or Glory
The Book Of Souls
The Wicker Man
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
----------------------------------------
The Number Of The Beast
Blood Brothers
Wasted Years

But anyway, my waiting through TRATB twice this year will be awarded by seeing Powerslave and majestic The Book Of Souls.

BNW is starting to become an overplayed classic of the post-reunion era it seems.

It's been played on like 3 tours (BNW, DOD and TFF tours), I'd hardly call that overplayed.

My only set list complaint on the current tour is that Blood Brothers just does not work in the encore section. I've never been a big fan of that song in general, and would love to see it swapped for BNW or even The Wicker Man.

But it's Maiden we're talking about, I'd expect the only changes to be for the Chinese shows if any occur.

Since this'll be my first gig, i'm looking forward a lot to hear Blood Brothers. In fact, Blood Brothers, Powerslave, The Trooper, Children of the Damned and If Eternity Should Fail are the songs that i'm most anxious to hear. But i understand the point of everyone, if someone attended a gig in both 2009 and 2011, the only "new" songs would be the TBoS one.

But i must add: even if i were able to go to São Paulo in 2011, and, considering how much i love Brave New World (specially the live version in Rock in Rio), i would still vote for Blood Brothers. This song live must be an experience even better than Fear of the Dark.

Oh, dear, tomorrow at this hour, i'll be at the line already. I'll definitely be an annoying OP, posting pics of the line and, after the show, a giant text reviewing it. How anxious can anyone be in their 1st Maiden gig?

P.S.: I'm definitely the only person who is looking forward to hear The Red and the Black. Specially the instrumental part in the very end.

I welcome absolutely anything from the new album. As such, I wouldn't want to lose The Red and the Black in favour of a non-TBOS song (except maybe one or two very unlikely-to-be-played ones). Children of the Damned, which I've never heard live and is a big favourite of mine in general, is also something I wouldn't want to lose. I don't see them dropping TBOS as it's too central to the setlist.

No way TBOS gets dropped, think I mentioned before, I would like to see that one continue on future tours in place of DoD , BNW, and the like. Sounded great live.

TRATB surprised me, it was my least favorite of the longer songs on TBOS, but it worked well live .. not as good as TBOS, but I liked it live better than on the album

TRATB was a real highlight for me live. Really made the song live. I agree that TBOS was better but TRATB was right up there.

If I win FTTB I can invite another person right? The person I invite has to be from the fan club?

If I win FTTB I can invite another person right? The person I invite has to be from the fan club?

Yes you can invite another person and No - unless they changed the rules on that (which I don't believe) then you can invite anyone. FC or not. As long as they have a standing ticket on their own to the show.

Yes you can invite another person and No - unless they changed the rules on that (which I don't believe) then you can invite anyone. FC or not. As long as they have a standing ticket on their own to the show.

That is my understanding as well .. you can invite anyone you want, but they have to have a ticket that would allow them in that area

["Brave New World"] It's been played on like 3 tours (BNW, DOD and TFF tours), I'd hardly call that overplayed.
It was played on "Gimme 'Ed Till I'm Dead" too (not in the US though), which makes three tours in a row in a 4.5-year span. Saturation, perhaps.

The closest thing to a overplayed post reunion song they have is Brave New World (2000-2004 and 2010), Wicker Man (2000-2003 and 2010-2011) and Blood Brothers (2000-2002, 2010-2011 and, probably, 2016-2017).

My definition of overplayed is an average song played in 4-5 tours in a row. I wouldn't consider, in this definition, The Trooper as overplayed, but, unless I really change my mind tomorrow, I'll consider Wasted Years

Yes but those songs were still written for his current range and vocal abilities, FOI was not.

That said, if there was ever a time he could pull off FOI in recent years, that's now.

Why couldn't he pull FOI off? Look at the type of singing songs like Red And The Black and Book Of Souls requires. Those seem much more challenging vocally than FOI.
Well, of course Bruce is singing great nowadays... but I think hitting the high notes in FOI would pose a great challenge to him (to anyone, really). Just to mention a few difficult passages in the song: "IN THE NAME OF GOD MY FATHER I FLY!", "FLY AS HIGH AS THE SUUUUN!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

Tough.

If Children was swapped I would only accept Infinite Dreams in it's place, it would work just as well and this song is well over due in a set.

Back