The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I don't know who translated it, but I found on BrDickinson FB page:

"Everybody is concerned about the issues we had this morning. But there's nothing to do with our fans. Of course we'll come back to Chile and Latin America. Nobody could explain how this little pin fell out. It's something really unusual. It was found 50 mt away behind the aircraft. I don't want to speculate about it. The most important thing is nobody is seriously injured. I'll bring engineers from Atlanta so that we can have it fixed in 2 weeks". - Bruce on Ahora Noticias Chile

Someone did say on the FC forum this morning that the plane would be back in a couple of weeks' time. This must be where they heard it.

I bet that Bruce will have a speech on the next shows talking about how Maiden still fucking came even without their fucking airplane because they fucking care about their fucking fans :p
Speaking of which, I thought Bruce's mouth was abnormally clean during the Vegas show.

He wasn't very chatty in general, but I figured that has to do with him possibly still recovering and wanted to keep talking to a minimum to save his vocal chords or something.

Three weeks until the Chicago show! First time I'll be seeing them from the pit... I plan on getting there as early as I can, to get as close as possible (would be cool if I won the FTTB so I wouldn't have to worry about it... *whistle whistle*)

Ladies and gentlemen. I present you a historic moment. Dave sings for the first time on stage with IM as a backup vocalist to H during Wasted Years. 30.30 in the video.

It may have already been stated here, but I've been curious to know if 100% of the stage show is still making it to the shows post Ed Force One accident. Anybody know?

Steve had an interview here in Brazil, which were released today. One question were about the setlist, which we all discuss.

G1 - Is there a classic of Iron Maiden which you don't play in a long time and wish to do it?
Steve - We have a lot of classics we don't play in a long time, and which we'll surely play eventualy, but we'll probably not change the setlist too much for this tour. The list seems to be working well right now, so, if we begin to play different things, it'll be on future tours. But we brought back "Hallowed be Thy Name". We haven't played it in the last tour and it's good to play it again.

I think the actual list is a good mix between new and old songs. Of course, the new things will not provoke the same reactions of the old ones, but it's always like that, when you release a new album. Because people don't know (the new songs) so well, but this is what keep us fresh, keep things excited. It's important that we keep moving forward.

If you guys want to read the rest, here's the link (in Portuguese): http://g1.globo.com/musica/noticia/...a-coisa-boa-pela-frente-diz-steve-harris.html

There are some good lines, like when he talks about Spotify or the Premier League

Maybe someone can translate this better than Google translate, but it seems to indicate a possible set list change

http://www.elliberal.com.ar/noticia/245084/steve-harris-se-acerca-final-nuestra-carrera

Crappy google translate text

What are performing the new songs live?

They sound very fresh, they encourage us. We played six of them and we feel great doing them.we are not changing the list of topics for now; perhaps next month, but now it is a good summary of new and classic songs.

original text

¿Qué tal están funcionando las nuevas canciones en vivo?

Suenan muy frescas, nos incentivan. Tocamos seis de ellas y nos sentimos geniales haciéndolas. No nos vemos cambiando la lista de temas por ahora; quizá el mes que viene, pero la actual es un buen resumen de canciones nuevas y clásicas.

The translation is pretty accurate. It is exactly as you read on your post.

Thanks, I apologize to google then :) Maybe the changes are just the China setlist .. will be interesting to see if that is just for China or will be the set for the remainder of the tour. Personally, I am happy with Powerslave, so glad I saw that.

Back