The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I'm ok with setlist adjustments as long as it's not something stupid like Children of the Damned for Wrathchild. However if it was up to me, I'd just leave it alone. Which is saying a lot, I don't think there are any other Maiden setlists I wouldn't choose to adjust at all.

I'm ok with setlist adjustments as long as it's not something stupid like Children of the Damned for Wrathchild. However if it was up to me, I'd just leave it alone. Which is saying a lot, I don't think there are any other Maiden setlists I wouldn't choose to adjust at all.

I agree, this show worked really well .. the songs flowed well and the pacing was good. I would not fuck with it ... it works

I agree, this show worked really well .. the songs flowed well and the pacing was good. I would not fuck with it ... it works

+1

It was a perfectly enjoyable setlist and the show was seamless. I hope everyone gets to experience the same set, which is high praise.

I'd rather not see any changes in the current list either. My worry is Children of the Damned too. I could cope with another TBOS track in place of Tears of a Clown, and I can't help thinking they like doing Powerslave so they wouldn't drop that. I wouldn't be distraught if they swapped out Blood Brothers for BNW or Wicker Man, but I can't think what else they'd drop. The rest of the non-TBOS songs are live staples these days. They've made a big thing of bringing Hallowed back, so not that. The Red and the Black would be a 13.5 minute gap to fill. They could replace Wasted Years, I suppose, although I think it works surprisingly well where it is.

Blood Brothers was the song I was looking forward to the least, but they did a pretty spectacular job with it. It was damn good and I am not a really big fan of the song at all (I do not think it is bad, I just like a lot of other songs better)

I'm actually quite looking forward to it, it's one of the sweeter ones with one of the prettier Janick solos. If they were going to change anything, though, I'd rather lose that than Children of the Damned, Powerslave or Hallowed.

Yeah, I hope they don't change too much. The setlist works as it is. They better leave all of the album songs alone, along with Powerslave and Children of the Damned, because these were highlights of the show. Anything else, I'd be open to.

Swap out Blood Brothers for Brave New World? I'm for that, as I like the song Brave New World better than Blood Brothers.

Wasted Years was a questionable closer, but it seems to be working.

So if they want to swap out classics such as Trooper or Number of the Beast, for other classics, for example, I guess that would be ok.

To me Blood Brothers felt a little bit awkward in the set, I wouldn't be against swapping it for something like Brave New World. They should really consider dropping Death or Glory for The Wicker Man.

I like Blood Brothers but I think that's the song I'd be most ok with switching. Instead of swapping it for another BNW song though I think it'd be very cool if they put Coming Home there.

Death Or Glory is too good live to swap out.

They should replace The Red & The Black with something else, I'm already yawning just by thinking of hearing it live :p

Back