The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Cheers Stormy! :ok:

But they're not going to play an extra song in China, surely?

I think they planned to play either Wicker Man or another post-reunion song on the entire tour, but thought the show would extend too much, prejudicing Bruce's health. Considering this, I don't think they'll play an extra song. Unless the government makes them play (who knows)

I would be surprised if, in China of all places, they played a song inspired by Aldous Huxley's book depicting social classes in a totalitarian society. Even its lyrics are a bit watered down, they are much more subversive than those of "Powerslave".

Maybe the censors thought the lyrics were critical only to capitalists societies (if you force a little bit, you actually can read that, as a critic to consume and capitalism as a whole. No, I don't read like that haha), maybe they slipped...but Powerslave's lyrics are a lot more explicit on prohibited topics ("the eye of Horus" "I'm a god" "I'm a slave to the power of death")

Exclusive pic
10710606_761712513964942_5752152910240016772_n.jpg

Maybe the censors thought the lyrics were critical only to capitalists societies (if you force a little bit, you actually can read that, as a critic to consume and capitalism as a whole. No, I don't read like that haha), maybe they slipped...but Powerslave's lyrics are a lot more explicit on prohibited topics ("the eye of Horus" "I'm a god" "I'm a slave to the power of death")
"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite" (John Kenneth Galbraith) ;)

I bet that Bruce will have a speech on the next shows talking about how Maiden still fucking came even without their fucking airplane because they fucking care about their fucking fans :p

For those (@matic22) who have been keeping tabs (as I haven't) on these sorts of things: has the setlist changed at all? Are they playing the same songs in the same order? And, remind me again, how different is this from the China setlist in terms of order & actual songs?

The set hasn't changed at all, the songs are in the same order. In China I'm expecting Wicker Man in the place of Powerslave, anything else will probably stay the same.

I hope this won't change until the european festivals in june. This is an incredible setlist, and I think this is the most impressive (with 1986's) of those I've been able to witness myself.

Also the song that was dropped during rehearsals was probably BNW, because I was expecting 2 older songs between SOL and TRATB and it was in that place in Chinese document.

Back