The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Their official statement says no gigs will be affected! And i'm sure they'll bring the big Eddie- he's inflatable, probably not that large when stowed for transport.

I would assume they can finish up the South/North America part of this tour with other methods of transport... there are no back to back shows at all. They probably have until they leave the Americas to get the plane fixed or get a new plane before it becomes a massive problem where shows might get cancelled

I'm sad :( I wanted to see Ed Force One so much... Do you think they can get a new Ed Force One until the Brazilian shows? At least the gigs won't be affected (which of couse is more important than the plane). But do you guys think the rest of the South America shows will be full production?

I read somewhere that a Chilean airline has offered them the use of another plane, but I doubt it would be in EF1 livery, and might not be a 747.

Update on the Facebook page courtesy of Rod:

"We are happy to tell our fans in Cordoba that our Killer Krew has sorted out all logistics for us to be there with our full show for you all tomorrow. We expect no disruption to the tour in any way and are looking for a replacement 747 Ed Force One while our current beauty is healed. More news on that later. Until then, believe me, we will get to you all on this tour one way or another wherever you are.
We are also delighted to say that we have been officially informed that the two Chilean airport staff who were injured following the malfunction of the tow truck connecting bolt will make a complete recovery. Best wishes to them and their families.
Up the Irons! See you soon. And thanks Chile, what an amazing reaction and show!!
- Rod"

If they are filming a documentary for this tour, it has just gained an unexpected twist. :p Points to the crew for good crisis management!

If they are filming a documentary for this tour, it has just gained an unexpected twist. :p Points to the crew for good crisis management!

No kidding, I hope they are filming this. it would be cool to see how they handled this.

For those (@matic22) who have been keeping tabs (as I haven't) on these sorts of things: has the setlist changed at all? Are they playing the same songs in the same order? And, remind me again, how different is this from the China setlist in terms of order & actual songs?

For those (@matic22) who have been keeping tabs (as I haven't) on these sorts of things: has the setlist changed at all? Are they playing the same songs in the same order? And, remind me again, how different is this from the China setlist in terms of order & actual songs?

As far as I saw, nothing changed since Fort Lauderdale.

About the Chinese set, there are a few differences:

* they'll replace Powerslave for Brave New World there;

* they'll play Wicker Man (one extra song compared to the set so far);

* they had Blood Brothers and Wasted Years on top of the set, followed by the actual openers (If Eternity and Speed of Light), and Tears of a Clown as the last song. The songs are probably unarranged there, but...

Ha

10439011_10153341797277051_4778383136684404194_n.jpg

Cheers Stormy! :ok:

But they're not going to play an extra song in China, surely?

The Chinese list was a list of songs approved for China, rather than necessarily being the setlist in order. Like STT says, Blood Brothers and Wasted Years were at the top. There's a chance they might have put an extra song in their application in case others were turned down, or to give them more option to change later in case something else didn't work out in the first few shows.

they'll replace Powerslave for Brave New World there
I would be surprised if, in China of all places, they played a song inspired by Aldous Huxley's book depicting social classes in a totalitarian society. Even its lyrics are a bit watered down, they are much more subversive than those of "Powerslave".

Back