The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Holy shit! What time did you go to the hotel?
I went about 7:30 pm, I got home from the airport and charged the phone for like 1 hour and went there. When I arrived, some guys were outside and said "Steve came here and took some pics, and then went out probably for dinner", and I was like, omg, I lost him :( I spent like 2 hours just outside the hotel and then a guy came from the hotel "Guys, they are at the restaurant here, I can make some of you to enter, but please don't go to their table and talk to them while they're there". Those 3 were Janick, Nicko and Adrian. I sit at one of the tables there, asked for some water and was just staring at them. Nicko left first, didn't take pics but said "SEE YOU LATER GUYS", waved and smiled. Then Janick and Adrian left without talking to anyone too, just smiles. When I was next to the elevator, sad because I couldn't talk or take pics with anyone, Adrian came alone "Oh, I forgot my glasses". He was veryyy cool with everyone there! Here's a pic of him and Janick leaving the restaurant, Nicko caught me off guard :(

Attachments

• 12744683_976621179082516_5456978201931502312_n.jpg
    12744683_976621179082516_5456978201931502312_n.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 60
I have a question for you guys with more concert experience: In Vegas, I was on the floor on Janick's side about 20 or so rows from the stage and I couldn't help but feel that I was not hearing all the guitars (definitely some of the solos). I'll see them in LA next time and my question is that where do you think is the best place on the floor in terms of sound? Should I go further back or just make sure I'm in the middle? What about the view? I love to be as close to the stage as possible, but I'm worried that my shorter friend who's seeing Maiden for the first time won't be able to see anything.

I stood on the center-left (Dave/Adrian side), a 2 or 3 meters away from the barrier and I had more problems hearing Adrian's solos than Janick's. It depends on the venue, the sound engineer...tons of things. But, if you're close to the stage, you'll hear at least something from everyone

I went about 7:30 pm, I got home from the airport and charged the phone for like 1 hour and went there. When I arrived, some guys were outside and said "Steve came here and took some pics, and then went out probably for dinner", and I was like, omg, I lost him :( I spent like 2 hours just outside the hotel and then a guy came from the hotel "Guys, they are at the restaurant here, I can make some of you to enter, but please don't go to their table and talk to them while they're there". Those 3 were Janick, Nicko and Adrian. I sit at one of the tables there, asked for some water and was just staring at them. Nicko left first, didn't take pics but said "SEE YOU LATER GUYS", waved and smiled. Then Janick and Adrian left without talking to anyone too, just smiles. When I was next to the elevator, sad because I couldn't talk or take pics with anyone, Adrian came alone "Oh, I forgot my glasses". He was veryyy cool with everyone there! Here's a pic of him and Janick leaving the restaurant, Nicko caught me off guard :(

That's amazing, man. What did you said to him?

That's amazing, man. What did you said to him?
I said that he was my favorite member and he said "Oh, thank you a lot", and I got next to him and asked for a selfie, then he said "selfie, huh?". Then I said "I mean, your work on Somewhere in Time..." and was very thrilled, and a guy said making fun "Let's call an ambulance haha", Adrian laughed :p Then a friend of me put Wasted Years to play on his phone and he was like "Oh, I know that one". It was magical!

I said that he was my favorite member and he said "Oh, thank you a lot", and I got next to him and asked for a selfie, then he said "selfie, huh?". Then I said "I mean, your work on Somewhere in Time..." and was very thrilled, and a guy said making fun "Let's call an ambulance haha", Adrian laughed :p Then a friend of me put Wasted Years to play on his phone and he was like "Oh, I know that one". It was magical!

Very cool ... actually pretty damn awesome.

I stood on the center-left (Dave/Adrian side), a 2 or 3 meters away from the barrier and I had more problems hearing Adrian's solos than Janick's. It depends on the venue, the sound engineer...tons of things. But, if you're close to the stage, you'll hear at least something from everyone

Holy crap we were probably right next to each other!! That's exactly how I would describe my position in Vegas !! On the floor, Left center and like 10 feet from the front!! Remember a guy with amolad shirt, a red baseball cap, totally losing his mind ??!! Haha!!:p
I thought the sound was very even. I especially was happy with Dave s guitar sound. And yes, if anything I thought Adrian wasn't as loud, or prominent sounding. And smither, my brother your experience and photos with the great Adrian is priceless my man!! You look giddy!! I would have loved to have that happen to me!! Congratulations bro!!:notworthy:

Holy crap we were probably right next to each other!! That's exactly how I would describe my position in Vegas !! On the floor, Left center and like 10 feet from the front!! Remember a guy with amolad shirt, a red baseball cap, totally losing his mind ??!! Haha!!:p
I thought the sound was very even. I especially was happy with Dave s guitar sound. And yes, if anything I thought Adrian wasn't as loud, or prominent sounding. And smither, my brother your experience and photos with the great Adrian is priceless my man!! You look giddy!! I would have loved to have that happen to me!! Congratulations bro!!:notworthy:

I probably should've said earlier, but i wasn't in the Vegas gig (although i would love to, everyone said that the atmosphere was great). I was in the Belo Horizonte gig, here in Brazil. I wish i had the money for Vegas hahaha

But wasn't the Vegas concert for around 15.000 people? Well, here it was for 20.000, pretty much the same. Except for being outdoor here. But, again, i had this experience: Dave and Steve were loud, Adrian not so much, specially on the solos. Maybe this is how Maiden's Sound Engineers works?

Ok gotcha! I'm sure your show was amazing! I would kill to catch a maiden show in Brazil!! Up the irons !!

One for guitar geeks.... Here is H's effects rack. It looks like he is still using JVM410 and not Blackstars.
CeWmwXKUAAAiolJ.jpg:large

Guys, the post will be a bit long...

I had one of the greatest nights of my life, if not the greatest! I was at the f*cking barrier! I couldn't believe my eyes when the guys came on stage! I couldn't believe that the guys that I only saw in youtube and dvds, were right in front of me! I took very few photos, because I wanted to fully enjoy the show and not waste my time using my phone. And most of the photos and videos I took weren't good, because I took them without looking to my phone screen. I didn't want to take my eyes away from the stage haha! These four are the better ones..
2mzbkuq.jpg

wlyntl.jpg

2i7lttx.jpg

2vx4rc8.jpg

The crowd was mad!! I was being squeezed against the barrier, my body is still aching, got some bruises on my legs, but it was so f*cking worth it! I would do all over again!

I screamed so much and sang all the songs from the top of my lungs! Got a sore throat. I pointed at Steve and sang the lyrics at him, he looked at me and pointed the bass! STEVE HARRIS POINTED THE BASS AT ME! I always dreamed about this. The guys were warriors last night on stage, because it was really hot! Fortaleza is a very hot city, and the venue where the show happened is even hotter. Many people were passing out because of the heat. Steve looked like he jumped into a pool, he was completely soaked. At some point Bruce took off his shirt, squeezed it and one liter of sweat seemed to came out off it.

But despite the heat, the guys were amazing. Steve fell out during "If Eternity Should Fail", but quickly stood up and kept playing with all energy. The sound of his bass is insane live! Dave was smiling as always (he looked and smiled at me!!). And I still can't believe I saw him playing the Powerslave solo right in front of me! My favourite Dave solo ever! Adrian's playing is out of this world! My jaw dropped during his solo in The Book Of Souls. He forgot to do the backing vocals during the last chorus of Wasted Years and Bruce called him to the mic haha! Janick was his usual mad self and I almost cried during his solo in Blood Brothers. I thought after seeing them live I would be able to tell which guitarrist is my favourite, but I just can't! Nicko wasn't showing any signs of slowing down, which is great. And Bruce is awesome! It's unbelievable what he still do at his age. At the middle of the show I was already running out of breath and he was still there running and singing perfectly. The power in his voice gave me shivers!

I tried hard to catch a guitar pick, wristband or drum sticks, but wasn't able. Most of them fell on the floor or were caught by the security guys at the front. I asked one of them to give me Dave's guitar pick, I even offered money, but I wasn't succesful. But what made me a bit angry was that at the end of the show, Steve was taking off his wristband and I looked at him and started to madly scream "Steve, please!!", he looked at me and threw it in my direction, but it fell right in front of me, less than a meter away on the sound boxes that stay in the middle of the stage, between the barrier and the stage. I begged the security guy to give it to me, but he just caught it and put in his pocket. And at the end of the show, when most of the people got out, I was hopeless searching for a guitar pick on the floor lol.

The only complain I have is about the guitars... I think it was low and it was a bit hard to listen to the solos, but at the third song I didn't care about it anymore. If I only had the money I would watch another show. This is the type of show that you need to watch more than one time to process everything. At some points I didn't even know which side of the stage to look at! The images are still on my mind. God I want to go again!!! And the guy on my side asking me to not go crazy when Maiden started. How can I not go crazy with IRON MAIDEN playing in a few meters away from me???? I think nothing will come close to this. I may go to many shows by other bands in the future, but nothing will surpass last night, unless it's another Maiden show!

Maiden, please come back soon... I want to go again!!

I felt represented by your text, @Naty . Seeing Maiden that close, when you only say them on a TV screen, it's magical. Although Steve didn't pointed his bass directly towards me, only Dave pointed. Regardless, it's one of the best nights that any of us could get. This tour is probably one of their best of all times.

And i'm 95% sure they'll return to Brazil in 2017, to the 2nd leg. But i don't think either BH or Fortaleza will see this 2nd leg. I'm betting on SP, RJ, Curitiba, Recife and Manaus. I'll definitely do the trip to SP if i'm still employed at the time. In fact, i'm relatively angry because i'm not in SP right now

Sounds great! Shame about the wristband, although it sounds like Steve did hear you shout :D
He sure did! Now, one of the security guys is selling guitar picks on facebook. I need to control my temptation to buy it...
And i'm 95% sure they'll return to Brazil in 2017, to the 2nd leg. But i don't think either BH or Fortaleza will see this 2nd leg. I'm betting on SP, RJ, Curitiba, Recife and Manaus. I'll definitely do the trip to SP if i'm still employed at the time. In fact, i'm relatively angry because i'm not in SP right now
I hope you're right and they come to Brazil again next year. I promised to myself that I won't miss Maiden shows in Brazil anymore... It doesn't matter the city. Recife would be great, it's close from here, I can even travel by bus. Call me crazy, but I'll start saving money from now!

Back