The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Very cool about the plane and when you think about it, the Maiden crew really has their shit together to totally shift gears and turn this into a ground tour while the plane was out of commission and not miss/postpone any shows and bring the full show. That had to have been a logistical nightmare.

Luckily it did not happen when they were getting ready to head across the Pacific.

The plane is really cool, seeing it land in Vegas was really one of the highlights of the weekend for me.

The airline was very quick off the mark. They deserve the good publicity, it must have cost a fortune to put this together so quickly

I don't want to sound like I'm exaggerating... but this is the best HbtN performance by Bruce......ever.

It's a mix of my 2 favorite performances.... he reached all the high points of Rock in Rio 2001.... he feels sooooo motivated and full of energy like in "Life after Death".... and, as a bonus, he nailed a perfect "hallowed be the naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame" ending like in "En Vivo" and the Rock in Rio "yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". This was my dream HbtN performance. I can't believe how he can do this at 57 post-cancer.

The plane is really cool, seeing it land in Vegas was really one of the highlights of the weekend for me.
Absolutely. I'll remember that for the rest of my days, and revisit it often during my years sliding into Alzheimers.

I am guessing there are some serious insurance checks being cut for this mess.
My roommate is an airplane mechanic and estimates that it would cost them almost $25 million to fix the airplane that fast - $10 million for parts, $10 million for shipping, $5 million for other expenses.

That sounds about right. A guy from Volga-Dnepr, the company which did the original work to the plane in Sharjah, was answering questions from fans on Facebook. He was saying the new engines alone would cost millions, but the real trick was getting it done so quickly - chartering the cargo aircraft at short notice to ship the engines, and flying staff out there as fast as possible to put in long hours. They could have taken a lot longer and spent a lot less. They've gone for the most expensive option to get the plane ready in as short a time as possible.

Hiring other aircraft, maybe, but this was a particularly high profile aircraft. It wouldn't do them credit to replace it with something in a generic livery.

Hiring other aircraft, maybe, but this was a particularly high profile aircraft. It wouldn't do them credit to replace it with something in a generic livery.

I am not even sure that would have been easy ... finding a 747 and I am sure it has a unique seating to cargo configuration to fit the band/crew/equipment/Eddie hearts

I am not even sure that would have been easy ... finding a 747 and I am sure it has a unique seating to cargo configuration to fit the band/crew/equipment/Eddie hearts

That would have been a lot harder, particularly the combi type option. I've seen pictures of a 737 that has apparently been used to ferry the set and equipment around in South America, with the band and crew travelling separately. There were other options for continuing the tour, but not nearly as impressive as an identifiable Ed Force One.

They could use the Airlander. Slowest world tour ever.
Just retrofit it with a stage. Lift off, fly 200 miles, land, concert. Lift off, fly 200 miles, land, concert.

Maybe this is why Bruce is so very big on the Airlander....

Sure that would only give Nicko a chance to drop care packages of clearly-labeled Rock N' Roll Ribs to all the citizens of Missouri to teach them what "real BBQ" tastes like.

No, there's a more cunning plan behind Airlander: flying Trooper Beer to parts of the world no ordinary beer can reach.

Back