The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Not heard anyone mention it as yet. The show tonight looks a very big venue, though.

It's one of the two stadium concerts here in Brazil. 42.000 tickets, soldout, the largest by far (Rio had 15.000, here, in Belo Horizonte, 20.000, 12.000 in Brasilia and 25.000, i think, in Fortaleza). I don't know for certain about the public in the Argentinean concerts, but the one in Santiago had 58.000.

They just released a show filmed in South America, pretty sure if they do film one then it will be in Europe. America is still a possibility.

Steve was quoted recently (a few pages back now) on saying no changes at the moment, but implying there could be some 'next month'. There'll be a change for China by the looks of things.

They just released a show filmed in South America, pretty sure if they do film one then it will be in Europe. America is still a possibility.
Not necessarily, they released once 4 European lives in a row (Birmingham 1988, Donington 1992, various cities on A Real Live/Dead One and Raising Hell in London (?) on 1993), and, if things happened normally, they would've released another 2 European gigs in a row again (Death on the Road in Dortmund 2004 and Live at Donington 2007).

I'm betting on either the 2 LA concerts, Wacken or the 2 in Ciudad de Mexico, but the release of En Vivo wouldn't stop them if they wanted to make a Live in São Paulo

Lol just realized that. I think based on the theme of the tour it would make sense to film one in South America, but we are long overdue for an American DVD. LA would be the best bet since the crowd is the wildest there. In 2012 the crowd set fires to things, so I've been told.

Bruce just said they saved the best show for last in Sao Paulo, and made a huge deal about selling that stadium out. Wouldnt surprise me if that was the dvd, just looks a good show to market to the world.

One for the Janickists here. Someone decided they'd try to capture as much of Janick's stage silliness as possible at Sao Paolo....or 'dance moves' as Blabbermouth call them.

That might answer the question from the previous page, then. It does look like they're putting in a heck of a performance. Plus it's one of the bigger venues. I saw footage of Children of the Damned earlier and Bruce's singing was amazing.

One for the Janickists here. Someone decided they'd try to capture as much of Janick's stage silliness as possible at Sao Paolo....or 'dance moves' as Blabbermouth call them.

And of course, all the idiots on Blabbermouth jumped in and spoke out against Janick.
There's a guy with a camera there in front of him. So looks like Sao Paolo was filmed for something?
That might answer the question from the previous page, then. It does look like they're putting in a heck of a performance. Plus it's one of the bigger venues. I saw footage of Children of the Damned earlier and Bruce's singing was amazing.
We'll most likely get a DVD for this tour since Maiden England was skipped.

There's a guy with a camera there in front of him. So looks like Sao Paolo was filmed for something?

They had those cameras here too, i think they're filming only for the big screens on the side.

But doesn't Bruce says to the crowd that they're being filmed when they are? He said that in Donington'07, Rock in Rio'01 and, if my memory doesn't fail me, in Dortmund'04. Unless they'll do a Live in Latin America, showing all their venues here. They played 13 shows here: 3 in Mexico, 1 in El Salvador, Costa Rica and Chile, 2 in Argentina and 5 in Brazil (USA gets 10, but i'll definitely not complain. Black Sabbath and Metallica play in all 50 states in the US and does 2 shows in Brazil. At least Maiden does a proper tour here since they had EFO). One song per city, with São Paulo and Buenos Aires/Santiago gaining an extra song? That's completely improbable, but i want to hope that i'll appear on a Maiden DVD :D

I think a flight 666 type dvd covering Latin America would be incredible, what makes an amazing live DVD is the crowd participation as well as the band at there best, nothing worse than seeing a live show with a boring crowd. Steve knows this that's why he tends to favor the Latin places for DVD. It's there best audience of the last 16 years.

I can't see a reason Sao Paulo won;t be the live dvd, seems one of those extra special shows worthy of re living forever,

Back