The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I actually think the TBOS material works better live than most of the other reunion albums (not BNW).

People are saying it's a mexican wrestling mask... By the way, I must confess I miss the powerslave mask :p
I hadn't seen any footage of Powerslave on this tour yet so I was going to ask if the Powerslave mask made an appearance.

The Red and the Black was killer. I want to see that song again live, for sures.

That was surprising, I do not dislike the album version, but it was my least favorite of the 3 really long songs. I think the start is tough for Bruce (just so many words in such a short period of time), but it came out well live. Call my cynical, but I thought it was made a bit too much to be a live song (the built in sing along parts). But it worked and it worked really well live. It was a fun song. That said, I still prefer BOS and IESF better live and on the album.

The Red and the Black was killer. I want to see that song again live, for sures.
Of all the songs they played, The Red and the Black was the one that made me glad I'm seeing them twice this tour. I felt like I couldn't process the awesomeness of the whole thing the first time around.

Of all the songs they played, The Red and the Black was the one that made me glad I'm seeing them twice this tour. I felt like I couldn't process the awesomeness of the whole thing the first time around.

I completely agree. It felt a little exhausting, to be honest. We'll see how I feel after the Chicago gig.

For me, that dueling guitar lead section from about 9:00 - onward is like heaven, I could listen to that 2 minutes on repeat for days. Makes the build up so much worth it. Red and the Black was definitely a highlight for me!

Someone mentioned there are bandmembers' faces on these, but I haven't noticed until now (FB photo). :p Anyway, I don't really like the look of that at the corners of the stage... It looks too much like a box upon a box from afar... Maybe these 'stones' are too cubic or something.

12321642_10153325011762051_3811473922882998693_n.jpg

I wondered if they would do that as part of the stage set. There were columns with their faces on depicted in the album booklet artwork. The Nicko one is hilarious.

To me, TRATB feels like it was written to be played live (strong crowd participation, extended dueling solos) & to give Bruce an extended rest. I could be wrong. If that is true, I'm not mad about it at all. It works very well live as everyone says and the instrumental section is extremely cool to hear the boys lock in. It goes on maybe one repeated section too many but...live, it breezes by.

TOAC is not my favorite choice but...if Bruce enjoys singing it and wanted to do it live, cool! What's funny is that the moment I heard it on the CD I thought it would probably make the live set. Very polished, well-constructed melodic song.

This is a special tour. Worth traveling to see IMO; not just for the possible nostalgia value that it might be the final one but because it's a crackling good stage show. So glad I'm seeing them again next month here in LA.

A close-up of Ed Force One, showing the names of some of the fan club members:
ed-force-one-18-2-16-49555.jpg

Thank you so much for this picture, Brigantium... my name is right there, six rows down and closer to the left hand side (Jared Langston).

Hot damn. That's me. My name is on Iron Maiden's plane right now. Nothing that I'll ever do in my life will make me any cooler than that.

Well, it was a fantastic night yesterday. Really loved The Book of Souls live, as Death or Glory and Tears of a Clown. Dave was playing like a madman! Though, Bruce did a mistake in TRATB, as Dave did in Powerslave (he played the first lick of his second solo before time) but those little mistakes didn't take a thing from the experience. I even got a t-shirt with an Eddie mixed with Darth Vader outside the venue, I'll post the photo later.

Thank you so much for this picture, Brigantium... my name is right there, six rows down and closer to the left hand side (Jared Langston).

Hot damn. That's me. My name is on Iron Maiden's plane right now. Nothing that I'll ever do in my life will make me any cooler than that.

A bigger photo showing one of the doors in full has appeared recently, but it's impossible to zoom in close enough and read the names. Hopefully IM's publicity people will do some more pics before they get rid of the plane. I'm chuffed that it's full names and not FC forum names.

It is official guys, Maiden just arrived to salvadorian land!!... Cant wait to see the show!!

Attachments

• IMG_55152183530767.jpeg
    IMG_55152183530767.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 21
Back