The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Just got out the show..mm
Cool video!

Considering all of those shirts sold in the market are unofficial bootleg products it's amazing that Maiden just lets it happen right outside of the venue. Just turning the blind eye I guess ;)

I dont think they even notice these type of things.... for example in my country, there were tons of people selling unofficial products... they were shirts, handbands, posters, and they were from 2$ to even 10$ the most expensive ones (the ones I asked).. !

Was the El Salvador show the biggest on this tour (of those that already happened)?
I read news that said the show had about 25 thousand people. And El Salvador's government said it was one of most important events in the country history and they thanked Maiden for putting the country on the map of big international events. It was also great for the local tourist market, people came from Honduras, Costa Rica and other parts of Central America.

The Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, Sweden received an increased capacity from 57 000 to 75 000 a few years ago, and I wonder if it is the biggest stadium they will play on this tour?
However, I don't think that it will be sold out. One sign of that is that The Book of Souls is the first album since Virtual XI to not reach gold status in the country (Gold = 20 000 records, but in 1998 it was 40 000).

The peak of their popularity in Sweden was propably in 2007 when they sold out Stockholm Olympic Stadium + Ullevi in 2.5 hours(!), a total of around 82 000 tickets. That was a lot for a country with a population of around 9 million people at the time. That was the first time I saw them live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Estadio Nacional in Chile has capactiy up to 80.000 for concerts, but a lot depends on the size of production and safety restrictions. In 2013 there was apparently 57,217 people and every concert in Chile has about 20% increase in visit, so we could be looking at about 70,000 this year in Chile and that could be the biggest solo concert on this tour if Ullevi doesnt sell out. And there is also Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires...
Edit: Velez in Buenos Aires is not big enough... It's up to 50,000 for concerts.

Edit 2: Minerao in Belo Horizonte is huge... So that could be the biggest non-festival gig.

Only 41,000 tickets on São Paulo, this time. I'm not sure why. It's sold out, though.
That's strange because it says 48,000 for concerts at Allianz Parque. Maybe it's because the production (It blocks 1/6 of the seats)?

Also another thing... Where do you think they would film a DVD on this tour?

Yeah, but Donnington or Wacken are not in a stadium.
I was talking about solo gigs, not festivals. If you include festivals it has to be Wacken or Donnington or maybe even Volt in Hungary (the tickets are 35 euros due to sponsorship from Hungarian Telekom).

They are in LA on back to back nights. Would be a great opportunity for a live album as well as a 31 year anniversary celebration of the recording of Life After Death in the same area. :p

That's a very difficult one...Rock in Rio in Brazil, Death on the Road in Germany, En Vivo in Chile, maybe some place in Europe again? Donington perhaps?
I think this tour is the opportunity not to leave Asia out. Or... they should just go Metallica in Antarctica! ;)

Minerao in Belo Horizonte is huge... So that could be the biggest non-festival gig.

I'll attend the Belo Horizonte gig, it'll be on the outside area of the stadium. It's like an arena, but outdoor and without seats. 20.000 tickets, not sold out so far (only floor). Black Sabbath, Guns n'Roses and Foo Fighters have played on this area already, with success. Only 2 shows were inside the stadium after the reinauguration: Paul McCartney (sold out 58.000, if I'm not mistaken) and, who knows why, Pearl Jam (33.000, it could've been played easily on the outside area).

I go to the Mineirão almost every weekend to see football/soccer and I must say: It's huge. Bigger than Morumbi in São Paulo (where they played in 2011) and almost as big as the Maracanã in Rio. Maiden doesn't have that demand here. Except for São Paulo and the northeast, their average attendance here it's around 15000-25000 sold-outs in/outdoor venues. But every time that Maiden goes to SP, it's a sold out stadium (Allianz Parque, the stadium that they will play this year, is smaller than Morumbi. 40.000 and a few in a game, I think. 42.000 tickets it's huge, specially in our not-so-great economic moment)

Back