The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

But then Fortaleza might not have as many entrants as say, Rio. ;)
Yes. Fortaleza doesn't have many fan club members. That's what made me more interested to subscribe. But there's a lot of people traveling to here. Floor tickets and a part of the seat areas are sold out. And there's few tickets left for the rest of the seat areas. But the problem is that I'm afraid it wont work. Because things in Brazil and mainly in my city are not that organized. And the official site says: "The Fan Club tries its best to obtain early access to the venue, but this is entirely dependant on local factors over which we have no control. We reserve our right to terminate 'First To The Barrier' at anytime up until the doors are open to the general public. Be aware that some venues may not be able to suitably facilitate FTTB."

Yes. Fortaleza doesn't have many fan club members. That's what made me more interested to subscribe. But there's a lot of people traveling to here. Floor tickets and a part of the seat areas are sold out. And there's few tickets left for the rest of the seat areas. But the problem is that I'm afraid it wont work. Because things in Brazil and mainly in my city are not that organized. And the official site says: "The Fan Club tries its best to obtain early access to the venue, but this is entirely dependant on local factors over which we have no control. We reserve our right to terminate 'First To The Barrier' at anytime up until the doors are open to the general public. Be aware that some venues may not be able to suitably facilitate FTTB."

Hold on, then, I'll just see if Fortaleza is listed in the current FTTB draw.

The Fan Club tries its best to obtain early access to the venue, but this is entirely dependant on local factors over which we have no control. We reserve our right to terminate 'First To The Barrier' at anytime up until the doors are open to the general public

That would indeed suck. if you won FTTB but the venue itself fucks up and it doesn't happen on the day...Also bear in mind that things can get rough up front, probably more so in Brazil? I mean if you generally don't like the environment up front at big gigs, you need to consider if its for you. Just because you get FTTB still means that you have to fight for your spot the rest of the evening as the general crowd is let in and everyone wants to be as close to the stage. There's no "Hey back off, I won this spot" - card :p It's just an early access thing.

That would indeed suck. if you won FTTB but the venue itself fucks up and it doesn't happen on the day...Also bear in mind that things can get rough up front, probably more so in Brazil? I mean if you generally don't like the environment up front at big gigs, you need to consider if its for you. Just because you get FTTB still means that you have to fight for your spot the rest of the evening as the general crowd is let in and everyone wants to be as close to the stage. There's no "Hey back off, I won this spot" - card :p It's just an early access thing.
I know, but I can handle it. I want to be at the front. I don' know when I'll have another opportunity to see maiden. My only fear, as I said, is to win FTTB and it doesn't happen on the day. That's why even if I win, I'll arrive early in the morning at the venue. I was already planning to do that.

I know, but I can handle it. I want to be at the front. I don' know when I'll have another opportunity to see maiden.

Back in 06 when I was doing FTTB I was extremely lucky to be in a small pocket of pretty cool people. No assholes around. Next time (hopefully) I might not be so lucky, totally depends on the crowd I guess. Towards the end of the show I moved back like 10 rows back to get a different view, which was also really cool.

You still have to meet up at a certain time and place for the FTTB though and then you'll be let in like 15-20 min before the doors officially open. Just enough time to like, buy a shirt and then take a spot at the barrier, or at least be right up front.

Back in 06 when I was doing FTTB I was extremely lucky to be in a small pocket of pretty cool people. No assholes around. Next time (hopefully) I might not be so lucky, totally depends on the crowd I guess. Towards the end of the show I moved back like 10 rows back to get a different view, which was also really cool.

You still have to meet up at a certain time and place for the FTTB though and then you'll be let in like 15-20 min before the doors officially open. Just enough time to like, buy a shirt and then take a spot at the barrier, or at least be right up front.
I think I'll try. But I'll still arrive early in the morning at the venue even if I win. Then when it's time, I get out of the line and go to the appointed place. I'm a very anxious person lol

Best of luck, then. But even if you don't get to the front, I'm sure it'll be an amazing show.

I'm sure it will. I cant wait!! My friends are pissed off with me already because I cant stop talking about the show lol

I'm sure it will. I cant wait!! My friends are pissed off with me already because I cant stop talking about the show lol

I know the feel. I'm being like that for the last 3 weeks.
I actually made my girlfriend watch both En Vivo and Flight 666 (and DoD execution on Death on the Road). She even liked 3 songs: Blood Brothers, Wasted Years, and, guess it........yes, Fear of the Dark. And she liked The Book of Souls (song) as well. The rest of my friends are just saying how annoying i am (specially when i keep posting stage pics on the college groups hahaha).

I think that i'll not be able to get the barrier (i'll go to the line around 1PM. Some friends at a group are saying that they'll get there before lunch, at 11AM or 12), so i'm strongly tempted to, instead of rushing to it, go to the store, buy a T-Shirt and, then, go to the front. I'll probably be at the 2nd or 3rd "row" (it's floor only), a few phones on my face, unfortunately, but i'll be able to get a great view (i'm planning to stay on the left, on Dave and Adrian's side)

I think that i'll not be able to get the barrier (i'll go to the line around 1PM. Some friends at a group are saying that they'll get there before lunch, at 11AM or 12), so i'm strongly tempted to, instead of rushing to it, go to the store, buy a T-Shirt and, then, go to the front. I'll probably be at the 2nd or 3rd "row" (it's floor only), a few phones on my face, unfortunately, but i'll be able to get a great view (i'm planning to stay on the left, on Dave and Adrian's side)
I'm planning to arrive at the line at 8am! lol I just can't handle staying at home and waiting until, let's say, 12am! I don't even know if I'll stop to buy some merch, I wanna get close to the stage as soon as possible. I think I'll buy just after the show... But I'm not even that crazy, because I already saw people planning to arrive 2 days earlier and camp at the line.

FTTB can annoy people I remember last tour had a line of people waiting since the early hours of the morning before the show to get the barrier only to see a FC line of people go in before them, cruel :D

A sweet close up!
hKT2KSw.jpg

I'm planning to arrive at the line at 8am! lol I just can't handle staying at home and waiting until, let's say, 12am! I don't even know if I'll stop to buy some merch, I wanna get close to the stage as soon as possible. I think I'll buy just after the show... But I'm not even that crazy, because I already saw people planning to arrive 2 days earlier and camp at the line.

Oh, I need to lunch first hahaha. And I'll not get barrier anyway, so, there's no reason to rush. I'll go in the premium floor too,here it'll be a 4500 people place. So, if I ran there after the booth, around 4:30PM, I'll be l, at a worst case scenario, on the 4th row. A good view, still. On plan B, I'll ran right at 4PM and I'll get the 2nd row, but no t-shirt.

You said about people setting camp? The fans from Costa Rica are camping since last Monday, and their concert will be on March 8th. And the users from US thinks that we are the wild fans :D

Bruce wearing some kind of a gimp suit mask from now during Powerslave?
CcrXInHVAAEg-lv.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
Back