The Future Past Tour 2024

I honestly think that video was referring to fans from Australia, NZ and Japan constantly asking when they will be back since the cancelled shows, they certainly made a lot of fans happy yesterday
I think you're right. I really thought (hoped) they would ''hurry'' with the next album this time.

Last edited:
“We still play everything too fast”
Maybe too fast for him? Some songs are not easy to sing.
Also, maybe that's what Bruce meant when he said on couple of this years shows see you soon/next time. He meant he is gonna see fans soon/2024, not Maiden.
I think it will be with Maiden, or both. Greece! Or they would save another European leg for 2025. Bruce should release the dates first.

Where does this 50th anniversary bullshit come from? I know it's fan fiction but FFS I don't think I ever saw Iron Maiden and Anniversary in the same sentence, surely the band didn't give a fuck about it. Even their history tours weren't based on any particular years. And 50 anniversary of what? Steve having a weird Christmas evening?
That's not entirely correct. The A Matter Of The Beast Tour 2007 was due to TNOTB's 25th anniversary.

Maiden should tune down half a step.
I do think he'll regret these comments teleprompters and downtuning when his age truly catches up with him
I think many of the singers who do tune down, can still do the songs in the original tunings, despite having deeper voices at this point. But tuning down enables them to be more consistent quality wise while also being able to sing 5 nights a week. I think Maiden should have tuned down at least 10 years ago - not because they don't sound good enough in standard tuning (they certainly do), but because Bruce would sound even better tuned down half a step. I think the pride he and Sebastian Bach places in singing in the original keys is misplaced. You're older, your voices are naturally lower, so tune down to avoid having to stretch, wear out or strain.

It feels like the tuning down discussion pops up once a year or so, though this time fueled by Bruce himself. I've said many times before that I believe Maiden should've started down tuning, or transposing some of their songs since the TFF days, but they are far too stubborn to do that. I don't think it's a constructive discussion, since nothing is going to be done about it anyways.

What I will always make sure to mention though, is that Maiden have transitioned a song a full step down before: Lord Of The Flies during the Death On The Road Tour. Ironically enough the reason wasn't for Bruce to have an easier time with the song; it was so that he can do the octave jump during the chorus and sing it even higher than the original lol
But yeah, for all purists (including Bruce apparantely) Maiden have done so before.

It feels like the tuning down discussion pops up once a year or so, though this time fueled by Bruce himself. I've said many times before that I believe Maiden should've started down tuning, or transposing some of their songs since the TFF days, but they are far too stubborn to do that. I don't think it's a constructive discussion, since nothing is going to be done about it anyways.

What I will always make sure to mention though, is that Maiden have transitioned a song a full step down before: Lord Of The Flies during the Death On The Road Tour. Ironically enough the reason wasn't for Bruce to have an easier time with the song; it was so that he can do the octave jump during the chorus and sing it even higher than the original lol
But yeah, for all purists (including Bruce apparantely) Maiden have done so before.
There is one song where Maiden have tuned down a whole step in the studio...

Let's see who guesses it first...

There is one song where Maiden have tuned down a whole step in the studio...

Let's see who guesses it first...

You tell me what is certain but I'll tell you what is true...

Mother of Mercy it is. :)

The downtuning debate has certainly become one of the most prominent topic staples in tour discussion & speculation!

Have we yet agreed on what song is going to be replaced by Wrathchild..? Probably Death of the Celts, due to poor crowd reaction? ;)

That's not entirely correct. The A Matter Of The Beast Tour 2007 was due to TNOTB's 25th anniversary.
Does that really count? It was blatantly an excuse to walk back playing all of AMOLAD since the dates they were doing were nearly all stadiums and festivals where that would've gone down incredibly poorly, not to mention needing something more exciting for casual fans to sell tickets. The first few dates they did had all of three NOTB songs on them (specifically the usual suspects) and even the big festival appearances only had CotD added. Not really much of a 25th anniversary celebration to me.

There isn't any sort of pressure like that for 2025, hell, if for whatever reason they have no good tour ideas they can just extend TFP out by swapping a few songs and throwing in a new one.

Lots of members are sure that Maiden gonna play in Europe next summer.
So with that, what do you think what is more logical/profitable course of action for Maiden HQ. To announce Maiden European dates first and then after some time Bruce's European tour dates or the other way round. Bruce first and then Maiden.
I think announcing Bruce's dates first might be better for Bruce's tour ticket sales.
Also, maybe that's what Bruce meant when he said on couple of this years shows see you soon/next time. He meant he is gonna see fans soon/2024, not Maiden.
I am 100% sure there will be some European dates next year but only a brief run in the second half of August.

Gotta be realistic here Maiden only play 35-40 shows a year max these days, it doesnt leave a lot to spread around Europe, Asia, Australia, North And South America.

So I wouldnt expect anything major in Europe until 2025 really.

Does that really count? It was blatantly an excuse to walk back playing all of AMOLAD since the dates they were doing were nearly all stadiums and festivals where that would've gone down incredibly poorly, not to mention needing something more exciting for casual fans to sell tickets. The first few dates they did had all of three NOTB songs on them (specifically the usual suspects) and even the big festival appearances only had CotD added. Not really much of a 25th anniversary celebration to me.

I might be wrong, but wasn't the whole "Beast" thing for 2007 pretty much a management (Rod) push that was more of a random tour cycle occurrence rather than something that was talked or planned years beforehand?

Obviously Rod has played relatively big part in planning most of the tours now, I believe, but the whole 2007 set just seems like they were going to play the three NOTB songs, The Trooper and Wratchild in any case, even if The Number of the Beast didn't celebrate it's anniversary and Children of the Damned kind of got added as a deep cut they genuinely liked to dust off for that kind of occasions and the whole NOTB celebration just worked as a marketing excuse.

...I remember there were talks of 22 Acacia Avenue as well, at the time, but I think it was Rod giving inaccurate setlist hints to the public..? :D

They didn't need to do that. They just had to play a mix of their classics plus 5 AMOLAD songs, like on a normal new album tour. TNOTB is a special album for the band and it's no surprise that its anniversary was noted with something.
There isn't any sort of pressure like that for 2025, hell, if for whatever reason they have no good tour ideas they can just extend TFP out by swapping a few songs and throwing in a new one.
I have a pretty easy and good tour idea - new album tour!
Maiden, not Bruce.
I doubt it. The dates would be a bit ''too much'' for their usual tour dates for one year these days.

Back