The Future Past Tour 2024

I do not beielve Europe will get only 5 shows. They are not gonna go through all the logistics just for 5 shows and it is their biggest market. Big cities, like Paris, Lisbon, some German cities etc will definitely get a show. Tour will start earlier than August.

According to this webzine, there won't be any European shows in 2024, but they could be mistaken.

According to this webzine, there won't be any European shows in 2024, but they could be mistaken.

I used to read that website a bit when I lived in Spain and the guy who writes it constantly makes wild speculations that are usually obvious or wrong. I mean iron maiden may well play Madrid in 2025, but this guy doesn't have any insider info.

I used to read that website a bit when I lived in Spain and the guy who writes it constantly makes wild speculations that are usually obvious or wrong. I mean iron maiden may well play Madrid in 2025, but this guy doesn't have any insider info.

I know. He is sometimes spot on, whilst other times it is just pure clickbait nonsense. I just shared it for the former reason, not the latter. :)

Last edited:
Bruce's comments on that New Zealand radio show suggest to me that there isn't going to be any set changes.
He said the fans can expect the show they've been watching on YouTube.

He also said that no one knows when they will retire, but he sees the band playing live in 2026! So maybe a new album tour in 2025/2026? It's possible, but - I think it's more and more likely that tour will have a short 3rd leg in 2025 (with a few changes to the set), and the new album can be released in September after the tour (with the tour for it starting in 2026). Like it was their plan for 2020. Why? Because Steve said touring is now the priority. All that being said, given this ''world'' leg next year, I thought this hybrid tour would only last 2 years. I also thought Maiden are done with the 3 years tours.

He said the fans can expect the show they've been watching on YouTube.

He also said that no one knows when they will retire, but he sees the band playing live in 2026! So maybe a new album tour in 2025/2026? It's possible, but - I think it's more and more likely that tour will have a short 3rd leg in 2025 (with a few changes to the set), and the new album can be released in September after the tour (with the tour for it starting in 2026). Like it was their plan for 2020. Why? Because Steve said touring is now the priority. All that being said, given this ''world'' leg next year, I thought this hybrid tour would only last 2 years. I also thought Maiden are done with the 3 years tours.
I think a 3rd leg is a given as a stop gap tour.
They will record a new album beginning 2025 for a release later in the year starting something new in 2026!
So the 3rd leg mainly doing European festivals over summer would be a good bet

Bruce's comments on that New Zealand radio show suggest to me that there isn't going to be any set changes.

I think if they play Europe in August there might be changes, but if they're just playing US, Aus/NZ and Japan, it will be the same setlist.

Do you have a link for this interview?

Thanks in advance!

If they’re going to play different setlist (couple of songs replaced), I really hope they’re going to include all the songs from both 2023 and 2024 for live release.

Opinions?
The Book of Souls: Live Chapter says hello!

The second leg saw Tears of a Clown and Hallowed Be Thy Name (not a part of that live album/video) being replaced by Wrathchild and The Great Unknown (part of the live album/video)

But other than that, I hope the same

Last edited:
If they’re going to play different setlist (couple of songs replaced), I really hope they’re going to include all the songs from both 2023 and 2024 for live release.

Opinions?
They never did that (unfortunately, especially for Senjutsu and Stratego), but they had such a plan in 2006, iirc.
Which probably means a new album in 2025 or a 50th anniversary tour.
This decision is really curious. It's 50/50 but I think they will want to start something new after this hybrid tour (especially if it will be 3 years). A new album for the band's 50th anniv is the perfect celebration. Only a Deep Cuts set would rival it, but on 50 years tours bands usually play their classics (with only a few surprises I guess). With all the past Hits/History tours, playing the same classics again would be kind of ''boring'' at this point in the band's career imo. Also, such celebration could last 3 years, and they have plans until 2026(!). Hmmm...

They never did that (unfortunately, especially for Senjutsu and Stratego), but they had such a plan in 2006, iirc.
I hope that I read you right:
To be fair, the Nights of the Living Dead live album was released in 2020, after the first leg 2018-2019. It was only on the second leg 2022 that Senjutsu/Stratego/The Writing on the Wall was included.

I think a 3rd leg is a given as a stop gap tour.
They will record a new album beginning 2025 for a release later in the year starting something new in 2026!
So the 3rd leg mainly doing European festivals over summer would be a good bet
I think they are going to record an album. when? NOW. they will take a couple of weeks record and album and then touring solo and togheter till the end of 2024. And then 2025 album/tour again.

Where does this 50th anniversary bullshit come from? I know it's fan fiction but FFS I don't think I ever saw Iron Maiden and Anniversary in the same sentence, surely the band didn't give a fuck about it. Even their history tours weren't based on any particular years. And 50 anniversary of what? Steve having a weird Christmas evening?

Can you do this with the SJ half as well?
I hope that I read you right:
To be fair, the Nights of the Living Dead live album was released in 2020, after the first leg 2018-2019. It was only on the second leg 2022 that Senjutsu/Stratego/The Writing on the Wall was included.
I meant songs played during one leg of a tour, then dropped and not included on the live album. NOTD was odd since it didn't have an official video release. About Senjutsu and Stratego, I know they are from a different leg of a tour with its own stage, but I want official live videos of them as a bonus for TFP release. Like they should have done with Tears Of A Clown imo. It would fit. Multiple songs from different shows.
Where does this 50th anniversary bullshit come from? I know it's fan fiction but FFS I don't think I ever saw Iron Maiden and Anniversary in the same sentence, surely the band didn't give a fuck about it. Even their history tours weren't based on any particular years. And 50 anniversary of what? Steve having a weird Christmas evening?
It's an assumption. I'm more ''for'' a new album.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think they will celebrate there 50th at all, release an album get on with your typical album tour cycle that will be it

I think they are going to record an album. when? NOW. they will take a couple of weeks record and album and then touring solo and togheter till the end of 2024. And then 2025 album/tour again.
Maiden albums tend to take about 3 months to record, not a couple of weeks.

They could be doing something with the hope of being done for Christmas. Logistically if they'd picked a American studio it would make sense after Power trip.

That all said I don't think we've seen anything that indicates there's recording happening in the immediate future. I also expect Nicko would like to wait until he's worked his way back up to almost fully recovered, which could take several more months.

Back