The Future Past Tour 2024

Well, the guitarists do. Nicko is basically living between PA...

The remaining 2 stubborn members probably don't want to.
Steve is Steve, I'm pretty sure he's the only reason why the keys still sound like they're from the 80s on their songs since he's not very keen on change. I know bassists in general apparently used to be at least pretty reticent over IEMs, especially the old school ones that are used to blowing their hearing out on stage every night.

Graham Bonnet:
Last night, Beth-Ami, Conrado, Levi (Beth-Ami’s son) and I attended the Iron Maiden “Future Past” show at the Kia Forum. It was an almost indescribable event. From the moment we arrived and picked up our tickets and passes and were ushered into the Forum Club, it was perfection. We arrived early enough to see friends, have a nice dinner and then it was time for the show. I’m always thrown when UFO’s Doctor, Doctor comes on. I sang that with the Michael Schenker Fest and it takes a minute to register. I even asked @Beth-Ami “what is this song, it sounds so familiar.
1f602.png

Then Maiden hit the stage and it was like a gut punch (in a good way). The band is on fire from the first note, delivering a blistering performance from start to finish. Bruce is the consummate frontman with his almost thespian-like physical performance all while belting out hit after hit. I was so impressed with the entire band. After the show, we headed back to the Forum Club for a quick visit with Bruce and his lovely wife Leana. They both were so hospitable and engaging, we didn’t want to leave but there were loads of guests, so we grabbed a few photos and then we were on our way. On the way home, we all talked about what a stupendous show it was. I can’t even believe that they are going to do the show again tonight. The amount of energy that they expend nightly is unfathomable.
I want to express my gratitude to Bruce, Leana and all the Iron Maiden gang for giving us this unforgettable night. Thank you all.
♥️

"The set list was appalling to be honest with you. Although a lot of their music is fantastic to pick mostly besides off of the unknown albums I felt shorted the fans on a concert that we all waited a long time to see. Most fans of the audience had never heard any of those songs other than the trooper which was one of their encore songs. "

Explain how an album made in 1986 is unknown in 2024. People like this get right up my ass. Another fucking clown who wants to hear The Trooper for the umpteenth time. I'll be honest, it's shit like this that actually makes me hate The Trooper. It's Maiden's Stairway To Heaven. I'm bouncing after Hell On Earth as a protest. Fuck that song.
Acts like he's been a big maiden fan since the eighties and probably can't name more than about four tunes even though half the set list was off their big eighties albums

I had the Iron Maiden experience of my life last night. I didn't win FTTB, but a stranger was kind enough to bring me as his +1. We were among the first 20 people to enter the venue. I was front and centre the entire show (almost directly in front of Dickinson). It was a joyous experience. I was headbanging and singing along for nearly two hours (even for "Death of the Celts", which seemed to lose some of the audience). Everyone (including Niko) sounded great. Dickinson, in particular, sounded fantastic. I woke up this morning and wondered if it was just a dream. Fortunately I have a few pictures as proof.

I'm convinced that "Hell on Earth" is about the weather in Phoenix.

This was my 10th Iron Maiden show, and my 98th concert overall. It's quite possible that this experience will never be surpassed.

Attended the LA Kia Forum show on Tuesday. I go back to 1982-83 with Maiden; my first IM show was the Powerslave tour in 1985.

I'm not going to bother with a review but to say that it was a phenomenal show and based upon that performance, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. Granted, they had a couple of days off between Vegas and LA but they sounded fantastic to me. I was keen to hear Nicko live and...he sounded immense to me. I had a ball.

The show was mixed VERY well. Each guitarist was featured prominently during their solos, which was nice.

My one complaint: I will die on the hill that "The Parchment" should have been in the set over "Death Of The Celts."

Back