The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something different: I'd like less theatricality on the next tour.

I've written in my review from first date on 2022 tour how detached the whole band had seemed but when I saw those Bruce videos a couple of months ago I realized why that was. So, instead of changing costumes more than Axl Rose and changing the stages design with Pepco material, or changing the "worlds" that have little or nothing to do with the theme or setlist, I'd rather like classic stage, maybe different drapes but for the band to be actually "present" on the stage.

I miss seeing them interact with each other between the songs and Bruce rants*
*not to be confused with Bruce rants during the song

Here's something different: I'd like less theatricality on the next tour.

I've written in my review from first date on 2022 tour how detached the whole band had seemed but when I saw those Bruce videos a couple of months ago I realized why that was. So, instead of changing costumes more than Axl Rose and changing the stages design with Pepco material, or changing the "worlds" that have little or nothing to do with the theme or setlist, I'd rather like classic stage, maybe different drapes but for the band to be actually "present" on the stage.

I miss seeing them interact with each other between the songs and Bruce rants*
*not to be confused with Bruce rants during the song
I think we'll have a lot of theatrics on this tour again, maybe even more than Legacy, if that's possible. The theme of the tour leans towards that. They will try to outdo themselves, again. I really like the theatrics, they add something different to the whole experience. Plus I don't think they'll use two stage sets, so interaction between the songs and Bruce speaking to the audience is to be expected, as always. For Legacy Bruce said the music will do the talking (maybe because of the ''worlds'' in the set), but there were a lot of interaction between the band members during this tour.

Last edited:
Bruce has had his chances, let someone else rant for once. Give Dave a mic and let see what dark thoughts lie behind those dreamy smiles :D

As for theatricality, I don't see them toning it down, at least not to a NPFTD degree. And I wouldn't want that in the first place. I like the theatrics. There are still interactions between the band members so I can't say I've noticed something there. There were plenty of videos from the last tour where Bruce had fun with the guitarists, or Dave and Adrian dancing together, stuff like that. I guess Steve is too busy shouting the lyrics toward the fans to interact with his band mates :D

Listened to all those again recently, and oof...he'd get canceled in a second if the outrage police went looking through the First Ten Years boxset. :lol:

They are an absolute cringe-fest.

Jim Davidson’s style humour has never been funny and his 2011 drum clinic tour was an example of this:

Are the VIP packages worth it? I think not?
I read that there is even a package for Beyoncé in my city for 2957.50 Euros; among other things, you get to walk on "official Renaissance World Tour VIP laminate." I want to enter the arena via a special carpet on which Janick danced. :facepalm:

For anyone who doubts that The Parchment is a good song to play live: I listened to the song and played this Youtube video in the background (so Spotify + Youtube) and it sounds really good! It's almost like it's being played live!

It works with all songs, but I feel like it works REALLY well with The Parchment.

I was wondering - what will be the main colour of the stage decor for the tour? Maybe dark blue (with neon lights) given the futuristic theme.

Stage decor colour for all tours:
LOTB 2022 - grey/red (Senjutsu realm) <-> grey (Legacy realm)
LOTB 2018/2019 - dark red
TBOS - grey
ME - light blue
TFF - grey
SBIT - yellow/orange
AMOLAD - brown/white
ERUTW - a lot of colours
DOD - grey
GME - a lot of colours
BNW - blue/purple
TEH - brownish
VXI - brown
TXF - dark grey
FOTD/RLT - black
NPOTR - black
STOAST - white & light blue
SOT - black & grey
WST - yellow/orange
WPT - grey
TBOTR - black
Killer - black
IM - black

I was wondering - what will be the main colour of the stage decor for the tour? Maybe dark blue (with neon lights) given the futuristic theme.

TBOS - grey
ME - light blue
TFF - grey
SBIT - yellow/orange
AMOLAD - brown/white
ERUTW - a lot of colours
DOD - grey
GME - a lot of colours
BNW - blue/purple
TEH - brownish
VXI - brown
TXF - dark grey
FOTD/RLT - black
NPOTR - black
STOAST - white & light blue
SOT - black & grey
WST - yellow/orange
WPT - grey
TBOTR - black
Killer - black
IM - black

Given the final say Bruce has these days with most things and his love of all things French, I’d go with Burgundy. Either that or Bordeaux.

TBOS - grey
ME - light blue
TFF - grey
SBIT - yellow/orange
AMOLAD - brown/white
ERUTW - a lot of colours
DOD - grey
GME - a lot of colours
BNW - blue/purple
TEH - brownish
VXI - brown