The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
@matic22 and @Diplomat - can I ask for favour (as I think you're both from Ljubljana)? On May 29th (ie the day after the show), I'm planning to hike to the top of Mt. Stol. By any chance have you tried this before? I've been trying to get information about the route online but a lot of it's contradictory. I have two (quick) questions if either of you have done this before. Thank you in advance!
Sorry, never done this before. Only on highest peak in Slovenia, Mt.Triglav. Maybe @matic22 can help you.

Had a chance to see Accept in my home town today, they were quite good. But I didn't want to talk about them, I wanted to talk about their support act, who was all female tribute band The Iron Maidens.
Had great fun seeing and listening them (had more fun than at a Manowar concert few days earlier). I was little bit afraid of the setlist, worried that it will be only hits (of course they played Trooper, Run to the Hills, Beast and Fear of the Dark), but it was quite awesome setlist. Besides the usual classics there were also Back in the Village, Brave New World, Genghis Khan, Phantom and Wasted Years. And also Caught Somewhere in Time. So if all female tribute band could do it, then why not the original band. Yeah I know tributes arent perfect in their playing etc but still its possible.

And even if Maiden decides not to play it on this upcoming tour, I still have heard some kind of live version of CSIT on this year and it felt awesome!

And also Caught Somewhere in Time. So if all female tribute band could do it, then why not the original band. Yeah I know tributes arent perfect in their playing etc but still its possible.

And even if Maiden decides not to play it on this upcoming tour, I still have heard some kind of live version of CSIT on this year and it felt awesome!
Well for one, I don't think the Iron Maidens are in their 60's and 70's... :D

Had a chance to see Accept in my home town today, they were quite good. But I didn't want to talk about them, I wanted to talk about their support act, who was all female tribute band The Iron Maidens.
Had great fun seeing and listening them (had more fun than at a Manowar concert few days earlier). I was little bit afraid of the setlist, worried that it will be only hits (of course they played Trooper, Run to the Hills, Beast and Fear of the Dark), but it was quite awesome setlist. Besides the usual classics there were also Back in the Village, Brave New World, Genghis Khan, Phantom and Wasted Years. And also Caught Somewhere in Time. So if all female tribute band could do it, then why not the original band. Yeah I know tributes arent perfect in their playing etc but still its possible.

Man I am still pissed this tour is not coming to London! Motherfucking Brexit.

The most interesting thing about this news is the South American tour is heavily rumored for March 2024, Would mean you are looking at a Spring tour of NA, and they could be possibly looking to Finally do Japan, NZ and Aus around the same time as they prefer to head that way around the months of Feb

The most interesting thing about this news is the South American tour is heavily rumored for March 2024, Would mean you are looking at a Spring tour of NA, and they could be possibly looking to Finally do Japan, NZ and Aus around the same time as they prefer to head that way around the months of Feb
The rumoured tour with Priest we hear about every year. I doubt it - but who knows.

The 2nd leg of the tour to start in March (24th) next year was expected, especially since it is a SA tour. It says the tour will start with 3 shows in Chile and then continue with 4 shows in Brazil... Estadio Nacional to start the tour? The SA shows could go on until the end of April and in May they can finally do Japan, Australia, NZ as you said. Then they can do some shows in NA (June-July, or in May too) - overall, 3/4 months tour as usual. Maybe some European dates and a new album in 2025? But before the start of the 2024 tour to write the album (2 months), I doubt it. It will be either in the winter (after the tour, but this is less likely) or early 2025 (with a short 3rd leg of the tour to follow, starting in Asia, Australia and some European dates in the summer again) and a potential release in September (this!) or in 2026.

Last edited:
The rumoured tour with Priest we hear about every year.

The 2nd leg of the tour to start in March (24th) next year was expected, especially since it is a SA tour. It says the tour will start with 3 shows in Chile and then continue with 4 shows in Brazil... Estadio Nacional to start the tour? The SA shows could go on until the end of April and in May they can finally do Japan, Australia, NZ as you said. Then they can do some shows in the summer (June-July) - overall, 3/4 months tour as usual. Maybe some European dates and a new album in 2025? But before the start of the 2024 tour to write the album (2 months), I doubt it. It will be either in the winter (after the tour, but this is less likely) or early 2025 (with a 3rd leg of the tour to follow) and a potential release in September or in 2026.
Highly unlikely they fly all the way down under after a South American run then head back to NA. They would have to start the next leg in Aus which probably isnt that likely.

Most likely is actually probably
South America: March / April
NA : May/ June/ July

That would be 40 odd dates and in line with how they tour now days.

3rd leg 2025 starting in Asia/ Aus NZ
Brief European summer run

And with a much shorter 2025 leg that is when they would find time to record a new album

Last edited:

So tired of the Maiden/Judas Priest tour rumors. It's been circulating for so many years it damn near is old enough to legally buy booze.

So tired of the Maiden/Judas Priest tour rumors. It's been circulating for so many years it damn near is old enough to legally buy booze.
Except now, there is a context: now Ozzy has retired from touring, Priest is still looking for a proper headliner to take them to the US, which they are unfortunately not popular enough there to do on their own at a level that befits their reputation.

Votes appreciated:

Except now, there is a context: now Ozzy has retired from touring, Priest is still looking for a proper headliner to take them to the US, which they are unfortunately not popular enough there to do on their own at a level that befits their reputation.

Why the US? It was an EU tour, what Ozzy cancelled.

I would hate for Priest to play for just 1 hour as special guests. If the tour does happen, I hope it's a co-headlining tour, so Priest can play a longer set just like Maiden.

I would hate for Priest to play for just 1 hour as special guests. If the tour does happen, I hope it's a co-headlining tour, so Priest can play a longer set just like Maiden.
On a business level, Priest are nowhere near Maiden's level to warrant being a co-headliner. On a personal level, I don't want less Maiden in exchange for more Priest.

Not sure if this is common knowledge already, but looks like all European TFPT dates are Lord of the Lost/Raven Age supporting:

Last edited:
According to Wizard Promotions we will get "Lord of the Lost" in Germany only at the 2nd shows in one city and "The Raven Age" only at the others. So there would still be a tiny bit of hope for something else that is better...

According to Wizard Promotions we will get "Lord of the Lost" in Germany only at the 2nd shows in one city and "The Raven Age" only at the others. So there would still be a tiny bit of hope for something else that is better...

I admire your optimism! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back