The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A live album I could see, possibly but a video; I won’t get my hopes up. With no video from the last tour and based on the rush job cobbled together for book of souls I really doubt they’ll be anything visual. I’d love to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it.

Even if we do get something it’ll no doubt be a stream only with no physical release. I’d rather have nothing if all were gonna get is a cheapo Tony Newton job. Every time I start to watch book of souls live chapter I can never get through the whole thing. I end up turning it off as it’s so obvious and distracting that the footage doesn’t match the audio. I mean, when you see Adrian’s guitar change 3 times in one song along with band members clothes changing mid song it’s so off putting.
I bet there will be a live album & video from TFP tour since Steve always wanted to film the original SIT tour and it seems the band loves Senjutsu. Don't expect a physical release.

They still can release a video from LOTB tour.

About Live Chapter, I think the sound is very good (for the next live album - nope) and I really don't like the footage in some songs. It's better than nothing though. They just need to use Kevin for the live stuff. Why are they using footage from different concerts anyway? Here's one solution: the guitarists should use the same guitars for every song during the tour.

Steve always wanted to film the original SIT tour
I keep hearing people say this. I know that Steve wanted to film the original Somewhere in time tour but that doesn’t mean they are going to film this.
Here's one solution: the guitarists should use the same guitars for every song during the tour.
Exactly! Or at least play the same type and colour guitar and all have a set wardrobe to use instead of changing up what they wear all time.

I’m guessing they spliced video footage together on BOS:live chapter simply because they didn’t have complete footage of certain songs which was good enough quality.

If they do this sort of cut and paste lazy half assed job again then I’m not giving them any more of my hard earned cash for it.

I mean, the audio is great however the video is just crap. Apart from the cut and paste job I mentioned my iTunes copy only has stereo sound, really! In the modern age it should have been remixed to at least HD master audio 5.1 and no bonus features either. No tour documentary or album making of.

Exactly! Or at least play the same type and colour guitar and all have a set wardrobe to use instead of changing up what they wear all time.

Well, the problem is that only H has duplicates of guitars. And even those can be easily distinguished from eachother. He has 2 green Jackson sunbursts, but the backup has a pristine new neck. His drop-D guitars can also be distinguished from eachother. #1 signature prototype is a foggy white colour, while #2 prototype is arctic white with a chipped pickguard.

With Dave and Jan, the problem is even bigger as all of their guitars look completely different.

Also, it's not just guitars. It's also something like Bruce's hair length, which in the FOI live video grows and cuts itself like 8 times.

^ That's for sure. Probably with the stage props.

Bruce is not a fan of the big video screens, iirc.

That’ s quite possible. In Newark, he impressed on the people on the right near the stage that they should look at him, not the screen. And then to the people on the left: The same goes for you!

No doubt the stageset will be fantastic. Perhaps it'd be too distracting for arena gigs anyways. I think the video screens are probably best for stadiums/festivals anyways. I just thought the potential to do something cool with it given the futuristic theme was there. :)

I bet they will use the same stage set-up they have been using since 2003 with some drapes.

I keep hearing people say this. I know that Steve wanted to film the original Somewhere in time tour but that doesn’t mean they are going to film this.
I'm pretty sure they will film this tour, just because of the stage design which will be quite the same as the one used on SOT. And because of the songs of SIT and Senjutsu. ;)

I'm pretty sure they will film this tour, just because of the stage design which will be quite the same as the one used on SOT. And because of the songs of SIT and Senjutsu. ;)
Yeah as they have regretted not having the SoT properly documented very safe to say they will film this tour for video release.....they better at any rate, heh

That's exactly the reason. I'm sure. And especially if the stage set is even more spectacular than the LOTB one.

... like I'm almost sure they will play Brave New World or Futureal - the two most perfect deep cuts for this tour.
No tour documentary or album making of.
Tour documentary - I guess they want their personal space backstage, Album making of - in the vault for later use. I love both.
Also, it's not just guitars. It's also something like Bruce's hair length, which in the FOI live video grows and cuts itself like 8 times.
Really annoying too. Others are: showing daylight footage, using footage from Wacken and the whole Wasted Years video is the same like the one released before.
I bet they will use the same stage set-up they have been using since 2003 with some drapes.
The current stage set/shape is perfect for the backdrops view and for Bruce to sing above the drums.
just because of the stage design which will be quite the same as the one used on SOT.
^ I agree. Although I think the stage will be quite different from the 1986 one - in fact, I think it will be better.

Where do you think the Future Past Tour’s live album will be recorded? Will it be another show from Central/South America or Europe, or will it be from somewhere else? Somewhere in Japan?

I feel that it might be another compilation of recordings from multiple cities, which I don’t dislike as much as many Maiden fans do.

I think it's most likely they will record it at such venues where they play two nights in follow. I hope Krakow.

Just watch them not play ATG, and play Rime of the Ancient Mariner instead, like they did on the original tour.

I wouldn't even be mad, honestly.
I always prefer to see a song that has never been played live before (not every one though) - new and old. Yeah, Rime is not played live often and it's a timeless masterpiece, but in its case, we have two official live videos for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back