The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he said that it was one of his favourite songs to perform and that he would like to do it again: https://thathashtagshow.com/2021/09...vorite-iron-maiden-song-to-sing-dianno-songs/ The Prisoner and Stranger in a Strange Land were also mentioned at the same time.

Count me in as one who would fecking love to see/hear "The Prisoner" live.

It stretches out just a bit more than either RTTH or TNOTB (title track) do, and thus will give Bruce's voice a decent rest in its mid/solo section, with a great, catchy and memorable chorus that wouldn't appear to be too hard on Bruce's voice.

And realizing it may be an unpopular opinion, I find The Prisoner much more on repeat listens than either RTTH or TNOTB.

FkCLUC3X0AItmdy

That's shit and pretty bizarre to bring both those bands out again, strange that they're even travelling and alternating slots on the double nights in Tampere, London etc.

How are Raven Age? Saw Lord of the Lost last year in Arnhem and they were pretty good but haven't listened to Raven Age yet. I like the fact I'm seeing a different band this time around. Although I would've hoped for a somewhat bigger band (Helloween, Blind Guardian dare I dream) but oh well.

I didn't appreciate it as much because I wasn't very familiar with most of those bands back then, but looking back at 2007 on the A Matter of the Beast tour, there was a great line up for the opening bands. Lauren Harris (missed most of her set actually lol), Mastodon, In Flames and Papa Roach. Nothing typically Maiden or classic Heavy Metal, but still a very interesting mix.

Now give me something like Trivium and Alter Bridge and I'd be happy. Just no more Airbourne please.

The Raven Age are the perfect embodiment of a 5/10. You could put them on in the background and people would recognize that it's metal, but never think of it again.

To be frank, they're not bad enough to be notably bad and they're not good enough to be notably good. They're bland, lacking in any level of uniqueness and specialness, save for the fact that George Harris sprung from Steve's loins. And it is by this virtue, and none other, that The Raven Age has been gifted the opportunity to open for one of the premiere live acts in the world.

Not all bands who have been given the chance to expose themselves to global Maiden fans have succeeded, but very rarely does a band get a chance time and time again on tour with the boys. Either they succeed on their own merits, were previously successful, or they never come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back