The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't check this or the official forum for months, but I've found something which might interest someone.
You all remember the supposed leak for the Hellfest line up, right? The one with AC/DC, Maiden and so on.
Well, along those names there was Rancid, which was quite a random name to throw in. Some times ago they announced some european festivals, which led me to believe they could actually play at Hellfest. Now they just put out a poster with all the EU/UK dates, with one show planned for June 16th blurred. Hellfest is happening from June 15th to june 18th.
If that's not enough, I tried to recreate the blurry part writing "Clisson, France @ Hellfest" with the same font used for the rest of the shows.
Well, you can see it's the same thing (apart from the at symbol which is a different font).

That probably confirms the leak was true. Not that it's a big thing since I gave Maiden at Hellfest for granted since this summer (june 17th y'all!) but still.

Hellfest finished teasing the stages today, so an official announcement might come tomorrow or thursday.

Attachments

• 1670940123776.png
    1670940123776.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 41
Didn't check this or the official forum for months, but I've found something which might interest someone.
You all remember the supposed leak for the Hellfest line up, right? The one with AC/DC, Maiden and so on.
Well, along those names there was Rancid, which was quite a random name to throw in. Some times ago they announced some european festivals, which led me to believe they could actually play at Hellfest. Now they just put out a poster with all the EU/UK dates, with one show planned for June 16th blurred. Hellfest is happening from June 15th to june 18th.
If that's not enough, I tried to recreate the blurry part writing "Clisson, France @ Hellfest" with the same font used for the rest of the shows.
Well, you can see it's the same thing (apart from the at symbol which is a different font).

That probably confirms the leak was true. Not that it's a big thing since I gave Maiden at Hellfest for granted since this summer (june 17th y'all!) but still.

Hellfest finished teasing the stages today, so an official announcement might come tomorrow or thursday.

A bit of information also on that leak, regarding a different band, was confirmed to me as being accurate, by a 100% reliable source.

It wasn't about that band unfortunately!

But yeah that would be great, a band I should have went to see more often than I did

I imagine that was the case, but seeing that the leaked poster is likely to correspond to the Hellfest line-up, I could not hold my excitement about AC/DC being a live band again.

716202da97323ae72c190a667f3c9fb1133fa4b7_00.gif

Their gigs I went to in 1996, 2000, and 2009 are some of the best rock shows I have ever been to.

I imagine that was the case, but seeing that the leaked poster is likely to correspond to the Hellfest line-up, I could not hold my excitement about AC/DC being a live band again.

716202da97323ae72c190a667f3c9fb1133fa4b7_00.gif

Their gigs I went to in 1996, 2000, and 2009 are some of the best rock shows I have ever been to.

I saw them 3 times in Ireland but all since Black Ice. I was too young for the Razor's Edge gig, don't even think I'd heard of metal at that stage, and the Ball Breaker tour I should have gone to but AC/DC were too "uncool" then for a 15 year old me. No other Dublin gigs between then and Black Ice but I should have travelled.

I saw them 3 times in Ireland but all since Black Ice. I was too young for the Razor's Edge gig, don't even think I'd heard of metal at that stage, and the Ball Breaker tour I should have gone to but AC/DC were too "uncool" then for a 15 year old me. No other Dublin gigs between then and Black Ice but I should have travelled.

The 1996 AC/DC show blew my head off and featured what is, arguably, the most spectacular way to start a show I have ever witnessed:

Looking forward to the opening night. I've decided I want the spoil the surprice and know the setlist before the shows I attend. I'll be in the setlist revival thread with a whisky+cola in hand!

"Thanks to the live broadcast of Radiofreccia we know that, according to Pieroni, the support bands to Maiden for the Milan show will be announced shortly. Always according to his words, there will be 4 or 5. Knowing that a couple will be those who take Maiden on tour (as confirmed today by another exponent of Vertigo), there remain two or three names, which apparently we will find out in the coming days. PS: he also said that tickets are flying, confirming a capacity of 35,000 seats (15,000 more than in 2018 then)."

"Thanks to the live broadcast of Radiofreccia we know that, according to Pieroni, the support bands to Maiden for the Milan show will be announced shortly. Always according to his words, there will be 4 or 5. Knowing that a couple will be those who take Maiden on tour (as confirmed today by another exponent of Vertigo), there remain two or three names, which apparently we will find out in the coming days. PS: he also said that tickets are flying, confirming a capacity of 35,000 seats (15,000 more than in 2018 then)."

Are there that many bands with Steve's kids on them???

The time for a LotB release would have been 2020 when everyone knew we'd be sitting tight without any action from the band for awhile.
Maybe they were waiting after the end of the tour, as usual? Like they did with TBOS tour despite the Wacken stream.
I don't think they'd want to release a 2022 show as they'd save the Senjutsu stuff for a Future Past release (if we get one.)
You're probably right, but I'll miss Senjutsu/Stratego in a official release from more or less a Senjutsu tour (if they don't play them). They are one of the ''main'' songs on the album. I'll miss them more than Tears Of A Clown, although we have a good pro-shot video of it, unlike the two songs above.

The support bands will be so many because it's a festival gig, I guess. Still, it's a lot. I feel this tour will be one of Maiden's most successful in terms of tickets sales (like LOTB, especially the cancelled 2020 leg) and most amazing in terms of stage and setlist. I expect a lot of stadium dates in 2024.

Well, the problem is that only H has duplicates of guitars. And even those can be easily distinguished from eachother. He has 2 green Jackson sunbursts, but the backup has a pristine new neck. His drop-D guitars can also be distinguished from eachother. #1 signature prototype is a foggy white colour, while #2 prototype is arctic white with a chipped pickguard.

With Dave and Jan, the problem is even bigger as all of their guitars look completely different.

Also, it's not just guitars. It's also something like Bruce's hair length, which in the FOI live video grows and cuts itself like 8 times.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "FOI" stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back