The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you even at the show? My god, those drums bursting into that heavy riff and “BEAT THE WARNING THE SOUND OF THE DRUMS” was a fantastic way to open up a concert. I may have done a slightly different setlist myself, but it really didn’t hurt the show at all. The audience seemed to be really grooving with it and got more and more excited with every following song as the show went on. I was a lot more impressed with this incarnation of LOTB than I expected. The band were pacing themselves and the energy of the room was building through the night and not just peaking at the start.
It's a cool moment, but I think it would be better suited deeper in the set. In Cologne it took the fans quite a bit of time to warm up. By the time we reached WOTW everyone was singing and from Revelations onward it was smooth sailing. Senjutsu itself was kinda rough though. I'm glad to have heard it live once, but I wouldn't mind if it doesn't make another setlist.

Were you even at the show? My god, those drums bursting into that heavy riff and “BEAT THE WARNING THE SOUND OF THE DRUMS” was a fantastic way to open up a concert. I may have done a slightly different setlist myself, but it really didn’t hurt the show at all. The audience seemed to be really grooving with it and got more and more excited with every following song as the show went on. I was a lot more impressed with this incarnation of LOTB than I expected. The band were pacing themselves and the energy of the room was building through the night and not just peaking at the start.
To me, Senjutsu clicked live more than in the studio. Similar to TRATB. I didn’t think much of that song until I saw it live.

I couldn’t have cared less if the crowd weren’t into it. I was just enjoying singing along to a song I hadn’t seen live before.

I have no comment on the lyrics but musically I think Darkest Hours is one of the strongest songs on the album. I think it's probably also Bruce's top performance on Senjutsu.
It's hard to stand out (although the song shines) in an album full of amazing songs. I think it's one of Maiden's best slow songs. One of Bruce's top performance on the album AND one of Adrian's best solos.
To me, Senjutsu clicked live more than in the studio. Similar to TRATB. I didn’t think much of that song until I saw it live.

I couldn’t have cared less if the crowd weren’t into it. I was just enjoying singing along to a song I hadn’t seen live before.
I agree about TRATB. I liked Senjutsu a lot from my first listen of the studio version. Live, the song is also strong and has a great atmosphere. Spot on about your second statement! The band wanted something different and I respect that.
Man, I love Nicko's groove on SIASL. It's quite unusual and unique in that regard.

Looking forward to see it without a slightly butchered solo next year.

P.S. The way they end it on a G major with the synth, it sounds really close to Rush's Subdivisions ending.
The groove is indeed unique. It reminds me of TWOTW. I love the ''futuristic'' vibe of the whole song. Can't wait to see Adrian's solo.

Maiden used a similar ending of the song in 1999 but not in 1986, iirc.

Oh, really? I did not know that. Found it by coincidence just now; I only wanted to read an article in a local newspaper about beer ("Kölsch imitations are becoming increasingly popular abroad", Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger):

"That dishwater had given him some of the worst hangovers of his life: Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden, doesn't like Kölsch."
Well, now I know why Cologne wasn't chosen for the Future Past Tour. :cheers:Hopefully he won't suffer too much when he comes here for the spoken word tour.

Where do you think the Future Past Tour’s live album will be recorded? Will it be another show from Central/South America or Europe, or will it be from somewhere else? Somewhere in Japan?

I feel that it might be another compilation of recordings from multiple cities, which I don’t dislike as much as many Maiden fans do.

Where do you think the Future Past Tour’s live album will be recorded? Will it be another show from Central/South America or Europe, or will it be from somewhere else? Somewhere in Japan?

I feel that it might be another compilation of recordings from multiple cities, which I don’t dislike as much as many Maiden fans do.
I think it's very possible to be from SA again (maybe from Argentina) or why not from Dortmund again (like in 2003, Westfalenhallen). It would be great to be from Japan. Or from France, Canada, US, UK, Greece (if they play there in 2025 or at all) or some festival in Europe, for example.
Maybe it will be from a place they don't have a live album from?

Recordings from multiple cities, I don't mind it - I just hope the video release to not have (lots of) footage from different concerts.

I think it's very possible to be from SA again (maybe from Argentina) or why not from Dortmund again (like in 2003, Westfalenhallen). It would be great to be from Japan. Or from France, Canada, US, UK, Greece (if they play there in 2025 or at all) or some festival in Europe, for example.
Maybe it will be from a place they don't have a live album from?

Recordings from multiple cities, I don't mind it - I just hope the video release to not have (lots of) footage from different concerts.
I could see another SA show, seems like those audiences are the most hyped and provide an awesome atmosphere. Europe would be awesome as well but I would hope for Japan. I feel like us folks in the US aren’t hype enough to make them wanna record concerts here :/.

I also agree that the video footage shouldn’t be so inconsistent with changing outfits, guitars etc.

Video will probably be from second or third leg. So probably South America. Would love a European one, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. Also would love a show not too early in the leg, so Bruce has found his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back