The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we ever had a full Japanese show on film? They've always been a strong audience, but the only footage I'm aware of is on Flight 666.
I was about to say The Red and the Black from The Book of Souls Live Chapter. The audio is from a gig in Tokyo. But then again, it is also spliced together footage.

Since this is something where the visuals are pushed upon pretty far, I hope for a release that would be a release with high technical specifications. I'd be more curious to see if it's something that would be in 4K HDR with HDR10 or Dolby Vision or whatnot.

Then again, I also thought that the Legacy of the Beast tour was beefy enough to maybe warrant a video release. What do I know?

Then again, I also thought that the Legacy of the Beast tour was beefy enough to maybe warrant a video release. What do I know?
I already doubt there will be a release, tbh. There's still time until the end of the year, but we've got 2 full live streamed shows with the different setlists for the tour, so maybe they won't bother. Only live album (without video) would be something atypical for Maiden (even if the live album was more or less a bonus). Although I'm a big fan of the original setlist of the tour, I'll be happy if it's a show from 2022 because they won't use the Senjutsu stage next year and because of ''Senjutsu'' and ''Stratego''. It won't do the LOTB tour complete justice, but at least it's something from this amazing tour. I thought a video release from LOTB 2018/2019 was a given - I mean, the stage set! And I'm sure we'll get one from TFP tour.

Edit: they wanted to film and release a concert video from the tour in 2020.

Last edited:
The time for a LotB release would have been 2020 when everyone knew we'd be sitting tight without any action from the band for awhile. I don't think they'd want to release a 2022 show as they'd save the Senjutsu stuff for a Future Past release (if we get one.)

I wonder if with the SIT-themed stage they will use a ''main Senjutsu backdrop'' for some songs (like they did during TBOS tour)... especially since we have quite a few artworks with Eddie for the album. Landscape or tradition?

Something like these would be cool:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for The Parchment:

for parchment.jpg
:yey:

I bet they will have a brand new ''futuristic backdrop'' for the tour (probably the city from the promo video, if the stage decors are not like it) and not the SIT cover.

If they play “The Parchment”, which I truly hope they do, I think Bruce needs to read the lyrics off of a scroll. :p
Rime also has a lot of lyrics.

Parchment is a must - I mean, amazing song! Classic for the ages! Like the album closer. And it's a more unique song than Celts or Lost World (except for the intro). Please no Thin Line #2!
Perhaps it's blasphemous for me to suggest this, but this tour might be a great time to finally break out a big video screen backdrop. If you're going for the high tech look you minds as well fully embrace it.
Yep, especially for the tour intro (effects and lights). That will never happen, though. I think the backdrops can and create better view than the moving screen effects. They just need to come up with a spectacular backdrop like for the Cathedral realm during LOTB tour to have that ''mesmerizing'' look.

Have I missed something? Have the band announced a new live album and video release?

It seems like it’s a done deal judging by the last couple of pages of posts.

A live album I could see, possibly but a video; I won’t get my hopes up. With no video from the last tour and based on the rush job cobbled together for book of souls I really doubt they’ll be anything visual. I’d love to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it.

Even if we do get something it’ll no doubt be a stream only with no physical release. I’d rather have nothing if all were gonna get is a cheapo Tony Newton job. Every time I start to watch book of souls live chapter I can never get through the whole thing. I end up turning it off as it’s so obvious and distracting that the footage doesn’t match the audio. I mean, when you see Adrian’s guitar change 3 times in one song along with band members clothes changing mid song it’s so off putting.

Have I missed something? Have the band announced a new live album and video release?

It seems like it’s a done deal judging by the last couple of pages of posts.

A live album I could see, possibly but a video; I won’t get my hopes up. With no video from the last tour and based on the rush job cobbled together for book of souls I really doubt they’ll be anything visual. I’d love to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it.

Even if we do get something it’ll no doubt be a stream only with no physical release. I’d rather have nothing if all were gonna get is a cheapo Tony Newton job. Every time I start to watch book of souls live chapter I can never get through the whole thing. I end up turning it off as it’s so obvious and distracting that the footage doesn’t match the audio. I mean, when you see Adrian’s guitar change 3 times in one song along with band members clothes changing mid song it’s so off putting.
Nope, the band has not confirmed something. Yet, there could have been a releasing date somewhere during the first two months of next year, in my opinion. The "secret code" which appeared on the band's shop with those strange signs could have indicated a CD/DVD or, at least, a video of The Legacy tour 2022 broadcasted on YouTube... That's what I think the band will do in the next weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back