The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't care now if they pull a LOTLDR and play a song just at one venue, since the tour starts at home.

As a popular meme format says:

Me: "Mom, can I go and see Iron Maiden in Barcelona?"
Mom: "But we have Iron Maiden at home."
Me: "What?"
Mom:
1667828550943.png
Me: :eek::notworthy:

Terrible tour for me, whole time I will be at sea and miss all the shows.

Really weird date for the Balkans. Only one show and even in smaller Arena than last tour. And Ljubljana is closer to West Europe than to Athens or Sofia.

Stupid question but what are the odds of them addig another show in Ljubljana but on the 27th? 28 is a Sunday, and they usually start on a Saturday.

That announcement prettty much puts the tombstone on any dreams for a show in southern Balcans, Greece more specifically. Unless they are able to bundle it with Italy.
If they don't play in Greece, maybe they won't play ATG... :ahhh:
It's obviously key to see one of the first four-five shows as after that there's always a chance they have replaced ATG with you-know-which-song.
If they play it, there is no chance for that.
Considering how long it takes for Bruce's voice to warm up I would rather see a show later in the tour.
I wouldn't say that. Maybe for certain songs. The earlier shows in 2018 were quite good, for example.
There most probably won't be any shows after wacken. Serbian promoter said that they tried to book then for Belgrade but the band wanted to play mainly cities they haven't visited this year.
So no more dates in the Balkans? Sad.
I've always wanted to do the first gig of any tour. Even better that we know ATG is likely
Every first night of a tour is special. Especially for this tour... yes, I'm looking at you, ATG!
But we shall see, yeah maybe something after Wacken?

But it said nothing about more shows or dates on the announced
They would have said if these are all of the dates, I think. A few more dates in June and July are possible. I'm not sure if there will be more dates in the Balkans, but it's possible. There could be 4/5 shows after Wacken (maybe in the Balkans, but most probably somewhere else). The tour so far is with 31 shows (with double dates in some cities), I expect at least 40 shows because this is a too short 1st leg of a tour for Maiden.

Good luck to those who are buying Stožice and are not in the FC. Be Quick Or Be Dead.

From the information I've gathered, this concert will sell out rapidly.

Has anyone been able to find the link for the Ljubljana show? I'm thinking about getting up at 4AM (Toronto time) to buy tickets.

The english version is a bit different, hope it works too:

Can we all take a few seconds of our time to realize how much capacity and amazement this tour actually has. I see a lot of people on Reddit (and here, but not pointing fingers...) being very casual about it. 'Oh Maiden has announced another tour, neat!' But it's so much more than that.

Just think about it. We get to see some songs that have not been performed live since 1987 or even Alexander the Great, a song that has NEVER been performed live at all. Not only that, we get to see some new Senjutsu songs for the first time ever and all this combined in ONE SINGLE TOUR. They're going to visit places they've never been to before (at least from what I can gather on the forums here) and all this while they're nearing their late 60's. Nicko will be 71 years old by that time (!!!)

I think there's no other band in the entire world that could pull this of the way Maiden is going to pull of this tour. Every band can go back in time and revisit a nostalgic album but the way Maiden listens to their fans and actual acts upon that is unreal. This is the best time to be a Maiden fan! I speak from experience when I say I became a fan way too late and missed out on some great tours, but the Future Past tour will be, without a doubt, Maiden's most epic journey yet!

The following lyrics are really true with this tour, and remember this at all times my fellow Maiden fans:

So understand
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Face up, make your stand
Realize you're living in the golden years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back