The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider this over. They won’t come in 2024, they’re definitely not coming in 2023. This has enough throwback in it to count as something they don’t need to take outside of Europe and America. They’re just gonna keep spitting in our face post-COVID, and in 2025 it’ll be too damn late. Nicko will be ready to retire, Bruce won’t be able to sing any of the Somewhere in Time stuff at all.
I might as well give up. Enjoy your tour, people. Hope it’s everything you hope for. I’d take a show of 16 Angel and the Gamblers just to see ‘em, but you guys get yet another dream setlist.
Thank god you're not bitter about it!

If they can successfully pull off the full European and American legs in a year, I’d imagine that’ll be the end of The Future Past and looking into another recording year in 2024. If all the majors are wrapped up in a year, I honestly can’t see them going back on the road for the afterthought markets (aka, the markets they still didn’t hit on the most successful tour that they’ve ever done). They’ve clearly indicated that the plan is to be back in South America and the States next year across the dates they’ve done this year, so I won’t hold on to false hope.

I would be surprised if it isn't 5 songs from each. They love putting hints in promo material, there are no coincidences when it comes to Iron Maiden announcements,
Maiden always put obvious hints, especially ones you think are easy to notice; it's on purpose. Like when Steve said they will probably record a new album in 2019 or Bruce's ''see you somewhere in time... on tour'' hints from this year or the fact that Bruce, Nicko and Adrian want to do SIASL live again (ATG too). TWOTW hint in the tour poster, etc.
but starting with Senjutsu álbum. Dont Know wich song....these days maiden do what they want.
We have to say that the only atypical concert opener in Maiden's history is Senjutsu (they even talked about this decision of theirs before the tour). Since the stage set will be a modern version of SIT, I expect a song from this album to be the opener (like CSIT), but it also makes sense to open with a song from your new album (like the perfect DOFP) becasue this is still the ''new album tour'', right?
I would say it largely depends on whenever more European festivals announcing Iron Maiden as their headliners.
Maiden always play festivals, especially with a focus on a classic album in the set.
that CSIT is basically unperfomable nowadays.
The song is long and has brutal drumming, but I wouldn't say that. Bruce can still pull it off live. The 1986 tour was not one of his best.
If they can successfully pull off the full European and American legs in a year, I’d imagine that’ll be the end of The Future Past
There is no way this tour will be only 1 leg.

We have to say that the only atypical concert opener in Maiden's history is Senjutsu (they even talked about this decision of theirs before the tour). Since the stage set will be a modern version of SIT, I expect a song from this album to be the opener (like CSIT), but it also makes sense to open with a song from your new album (like the perfect DOFP) becasue this is still the ''new album tour'', right?

Is Senjutsu all that atypical though? It’s mid-tempo like If Eternity and Final Frontier before it. It has that buildup from the Taiko drums into the opening riff. It’s the album opener as most Maiden show openers are. I actually don’t know why it doesn’t work because I love it on the album (it’s like my third favourite off the first disc after Writing and DoFP), but it just bombs live.

Have you got a link to where they talk about that decision? I’d love to know why they didn’t open with Aces.

Actually, speaking of Aces, I wonder if the decision to slow the song down was based upon the song’s placement and the prior set? That song is an s energy burner right at the start of the set and I’d imagine it would be bloody difficult for them to play it at the end. Hell, it was hard enough when Aces opened the encore almost a decade prior in Maiden England.

I very much believe that Maiden with all of their multi millions of dollars, living in their big mansions don't have to worry about money as much as we think. True that I don't know the actual costs of everything when it comes to touring, but I bet they could easily do many of the things we think they couldn't afford and it wouldn't hurt anyone at all money wise. Sure maybe they would make less than they are doing everything they way they do it, but I don't think they would have any losses where they come out behind and they would still make millions of dollars. The only way to really find out of course would be to really know the actual costs of everything.
Maiden's personal finances don't come into it. They don't book tours with their own money. Tours are financed on loans generally and have to adhere to a budget.

It's just a matter of geography that Austrailasia is really far away and costs a bomb to take a tour there. They could of course play there at a loss but would that be financially fiscal to their investors?

It's just a matter of geography that Austrailasia is really far away and costs a bomb to take a tour there. They could of course play there at a loss but would that be financially fiscal to their investors?
Isn't Australia also pretty heavy on border restrictions and taxes when it comes to things like this?

I'm not entirely sure, but I remember seeing a documentary or show about Australia's airport and a spokesperson said there were a lot of forms to fill out before one could even enter the country. I can only imagine that this applies to Maiden and their crew as well?

I think we, the fans, are as much to blame as the band/management for not doing many of the things we want but 'think they couldn't afford' because they can not spend the money on those things, and we all just buy tickets a year in advance anyway!

Is Senjutsu all that atypical though? It’s mid-tempo like If Eternity and Final Frontier before it. It has that buildup from the Taiko drums into the opening riff. It’s the album opener as most Maiden show openers are. I actually don’t know why it doesn’t work because I love it on the album (it’s like my third favourite off the first disc after Writing and DoFP), but it just bombs live.

Have you got a link to where they talk about that decision? I’d love to know why they didn’t open with Aces.

Actually, speaking of Aces, I wonder if the decision to slow the song down was based upon the song’s placement and the prior set? That song is an s energy burner right at the start of the set and I’d imagine it would be bloody difficult for them to play it at the end. Hell, it was hard enough when Aces opened the encore almost a decade prior in Maiden England.
Senjutsu is the slowest Maiden song used as a concert opener (I like it there). Maybe the song will not have the same impact (because of the drum intro) if it is played in the middle of the set. We will find out if they play it next year. Great song. The other atypical opener was TNOTB in 2003.

Given the name of the tour, DOFP is the perfect opener, in every way actually. Given the SIT stage set, CSIT is the most appropriate. With what else they will open from Senjutsu? The title track (I don't think they will do that again), TWOTW (nope), Stratego (I think they will not play it), the long epics (nope), Darkest Hour (with a ballad?)... only The Time Machine could be a nice lively opener (without the intro).
From Somewhere In Time, Deja-Vu is the only other song that could fit as an opener.
-> Futureal would be a great opener too, but they will surely open with a song from Senjutsu or SIT.

Aces High was not the opener becasue they wanted to open with the Senjutsu stage set and probably kept it only becasue of the Spitfire. Both the new stage and song placement were decided by their busy production and stage prop. The song sometimes had a slow tempo because it's the last song in the set.

I wonder which version of SIASL solo Adrian will play next year:

- the original studio version (like in 1986).
or
- the slightly changed version with the tapping near the end (like in 1999).

Maybe he will play it with a tapping like he did with his solos in Aces High and Revelations during the current LOTB tour. His changed solos live are always cool, so it doesn't matter.

I like both versions, but the original is just perfect. I prefer to hear the original solo.

Isn't Australia also pretty heavy on border restrictions and taxes when it comes to things like this?

I'm not entirely sure, but I remember seeing a documentary or show about Australia's airport and a spokesperson said there were a lot of forms to fill out before one could even enter the country. I can only imagine that this applies to Maiden and their crew as well?
Yeah, we weren’t doing so good during COVID. It was kinda insane. Was probably during the whole Novak Djokovic thing.

The only way to really find out of course would be to really know the actual costs of everything.

You won't get a detailed itinerary of individual expenses, but you can browse the filing histories of the various companies at Companies House

got my tickets
hopily we will have some nice merch this tour
i love a shirt like this with the new dates and tour name
the somewhere in time merch with the cyborg eddie and the big spaceship on the back was really good aswell

i bought a somewhere in time tie dye shirt from the original site july 2021
do you think they planned the tour in 2021 or just coincidence

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 21
You won't get a detailed itinerary of individual expenses, but you can browse the filing histories of the various companies at Companies House

The interesting thing is that it seems Maiden have moved their HQ and bought the whole Matrix Studio Complex in London (doesn't make sense for them to hire a place).

Just to note that five songs from each of two albums has been done before, on the Real Live Tour - five each from FotD and Iron Maiden.
Great trivia. :ok:

BQOBD, FHTE, Wasting Love, ATSS, FOTD / Prowler, Transylvania, Remember Tomorrow, Iron Maiden, Sanctuary (with Running Free also played at a few concers).
hopily we will have some nice merch this tour
i love a shirt like this with the new dates and tour name
the somewhere in time merch with the cyborg eddie and the big spaceship on the back was really good aswell

i bought a somewhere in time tie dye shirt from the original site july 2021
do you think they planned the tour in 2021 or just coincidence
I expect great merch for this tour. Cyborg Eddie and the spaceship is one of Derek's best artworks imo.

And yeah, I think this tour was planned in 2021. Their original plan was probably: 2020 for the 3rd leg of LOTB, 2021/2022 for the Senjutsu tour and 2023/2024 for a Hits tour (maybe SIT themed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back