The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I had an opportunity to nab some tickets early with O2 Priority, but - as expected - they were useless, the only seats they were offering me for the London date were up in the high heavens. Fuck that, I actually want to see what's going on. ::)

TFP tour (a hybrid tour with 2 albums and probably a stage set unrelated to the new album) will go down in history as one of Maiden's unexpected, atypical and surprising decisions along with:

AMOLAD 2006 tour - new album played in full live.
TFF 2010 tour - album released that year, but they only played 1 song from it and debuted the stage set for 2011.
LOTB 2022 tour - for the first time, they debuted a stage set of an album tour (Senjutsu) within a Hits tour and only used it for 1 leg.

I’d love to see the full announcement. I kinda hope they do what they did on BoS and do the first three months now and pick it up again next year, just they do the Africa/Asia/Australia stuff in September-December. Finish up Europe at the start of 24 and then big US tour. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway. If this is the case, I’m hoping to do Perth, Melbourne and Sydney on this tour. One whiff of Alexander live and I’m all in.
I highly doubt they do Australia and Asia next year not impossible but not likely. They would be saving it for the usual slot of April / May 2024 is my guess .

Bruce did clearly say at the rock in rio show "see you all next year" won't be surprising to see a more extensive south American tour with more NA dates in the biggest markets they missed this year.

Does anyone have any awareness or clue, how much time it usually takes them to release the "further dates". I can't wait!
I would say it largely depends on whenever more European festivals announcing Iron Maiden as their headliners.

I know the band's plan was to play more indoor shows for this tour, but they would have been booked in to headline some festivals more than 2 years in advance, which COVID then messed up, which is probably why they're headlining Wacken etc. on a more 'intimate' arena run.

Thought I had an opportunity to nab some tickets early with O2 Priority, but - as expected - they were useless, the only seats they were offering me for the London date were up in the high heavens. Fuck that, I actually want to see what's going on. ::)
What time the tickets are out in Friday for O2?
Coming from Greece for the first time in O2

So 11 a.m here. I'm gonna be at work. And i have to be quick or be dead hahha

it's 11 for us in Greece. i have done worse and i am preparing to do even "worser" tomorrow. Once i got them at a team meeting (thank god my colleagues and manager always thought of me as the nutjob from Greece and didn't complain). Planning to get mine tomorrow while signing some contracts. It's just about getting your priorities straight.

I think that many people don't give Bruce and Nicko enough credit. If they can perform Aces High they can definitely perform CsiT. It can be slowed down a bit, you won't notice it live.
I've been guilty of it myself once in awhile but we love to dictate what others can or can't do. Until Maiden hangs it up for good I will trust that they will still be able to put on an entertaining show.

I think that many people don't give Bruce and Nicko enough credit. If they can perform Aces High they can definitely perform CsiT. It can be slowed down a bit, you won't notice it live.
I gotta disagree on that. CSIT is a completely different beast and probably one of the most demanding songs in their catalogue, as far as drums are concerned. It's long, fast, relentless and difficult to sing. Hell, Bruce had constant issues with that song almost 40 years ago. It won't be easier today. Aces High is difficult, but CSIT is in a different league and is even more of a challenge. Just because Aces High kinda works on the current tour doesn't mean that CSIT can work as well.

As for slowing it down, as Aces High has clearly shown, people will notice and people will complain. I can guarantee that.

Every one of the band members is a fantastic musician and they're all still amazing for their age. That, unfortunately, doesn't change the reality that CSIT is basically unperfomable nowadays.

Last edited:
Hell, Bruce had constant issues with that song almost 40 years ago.
Bruce's singing wasn't the greatest on that tour, but that was because of all the touring they did for Powerslave followed by going into the studio not long after to record Somewhere In Time and Bruce getting sick as well. He pretty much talked his way through Hallowed Be Thy Name.

My prediction:

1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Heaven Can Wait
4. Days of Future Past
5. Stranger in a Strange Land
6. The Trooper
7. The Writing on the Wall
8. Death of the Celts
9. The Number of the Beast
10. Fear of the Dark
11. Hell on Earth
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Iron Maiden

ENCORE:
14. Alexander the Great
15. Stratego
16. Wasted Years

I highly doubt they do Australia and Asia next year not impossible but not likely. They would be saving it for the usual slot of April / May 2024 is my guess .

Bruce did clearly say at the rock in rio show "see you all next year" won't be surprising to see a more extensive south American tour with more NA dates in the biggest markets they missed this year.
Right, so we’re getting the table scraps again. We’ll be the afterthought, again.

It’s rather bullshit that we keep getting passed over on everything but album tours, and now it looks like we’re not getting anything until after every other market gets a go.

Forgive the thought, but I genuinely believe that bands like Maiden should be making up for their COVID failings sooner, not just “alright, next tour, let’s keep what we skipped out on in the dark”, which is exactly what they’re doing here. At least they’ll hopefully hit sooner than Metallica will. Thanks to Hetfield’s rehab stint, they’ll pass ten years in March. Maiden will pass seven at the start of May.

Right, so we’re getting the table scraps again. We’ll be the afterthought, again.

It’s rather bullshit that we keep getting passed over on everything but album tours, and now it looks like we’re not getting anything until after every other market gets a go.

Forgive the thought, but I genuinely believe that bands like Maiden should be making up for their COVID failings sooner, not just “alright, next tour, let’s keep what we skipped out on in the dark”, which is exactly what they’re doing here. At least they’ll hopefully hit sooner than Metallica will. Thanks to Hetfield’s rehab stint, they’ll pass ten years in March. Maiden will pass seven at the start of May.
I honestly think its more to the fact they run a pretty tight ship when it comes to what they actually want to spend with tour costs, and the reality is travelling back and forth from Europe to North / South America is the most cost effective and easy money makers, so yeah the likes of Australia without coming across rude really are 'after thought' markets they consider after they have made there money.

There was a reason it took them 16 years to return, and without having the cost cutting benefit of ed force one , its back to being a market not on there priority list purly because of the costs involved getting there vs profit they make.

In saying all that its still bullshit to cancel a tour, promise they will make up the dates in 2022, then slap everyone in the face by not only ignoring that promise but again going elsewhere in 2023

I consider this over. They won’t come in 2024, they’re definitely not coming in 2023. This has enough throwback in it to count as something they don’t need to take outside of Europe and America. They’re just gonna keep spitting in our face post-COVID, and in 2025 it’ll be too damn late. Nicko will be ready to retire, Bruce won’t be able to sing any of the Somewhere in Time stuff at all.
I might as well give up. Enjoy your tour, people. Hope it’s everything you hope for. I’d take a show of 16 Angel and the Gamblers just to see ‘em, but you guys get yet another dream setlist.

I very much believe that Maiden with all of their multi millions of dollars, living in their big mansions don't have to worry about money as much as we think. True that I don't know the actual costs of everything when it comes to touring, but I bet they could easily do many of the things we think they couldn't afford and it wouldn't hurt anyone at all money wise. Sure maybe they would make less than they are doing everything they way they do it, but I don't think they would have any losses where they come out behind and they would still make millions of dollars. The only way to really find out of course would be to really know the actual costs of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back