The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated my personal setlist on Spotify and I'm now also imagining which background we're getting for each song:

1. Doctor Doctor (intro tape) / Blade Runner theme (intro tape)
  2. Caught Somewhere in Time (should 100% be this one)
  3. Days of Future Past (this one perhaps?)
  4. Futureal (either this one or this one would be really cool)
  5. The Time Machine (whole new art, maybe something where both the Senjutsu world and the SiT world blend in together. Something like this but with Senjutsu and SiT Eddie fighting)
  6. Stranger in a Strange Land (this one or Akirant's version of it)
  7. The Trooper (kinda obvious we're getting this one though I'd love to see one with Senjutsu or SiT Eddie holding the flag)
  8. Heaven Can Wait (I think this is fan art but I kinda like this one)
  9. The Number of the Beast (possibly the same one we had during the LotB tour)
  10. The Parchment (honestly think this without the band logo/ name and song title would already suffice)
  11. Fear of the Dark (the same on as the LotB tour or this one)
  12. Iron Maiden (definitely a song were there will be an inflatable Eddie on stage. Can't really think of a proper background for this one)
Encore
  1. Alexander the Great (please make a new epic art with Eddie on horseback like this one)
  2. Hell on Earth (this would be pretty cool)
  3. Hallowed Be Thy Name (I believe they used some clouds as background for the LotB tour. Can't think of anything else)
  4. Stratego (they just used a clear blue background on the LotB tour but I think this image from the music video would be great as well)
Encore 2
  1. Wasted Years (they had something like this during the BoS tour which I really liked)

Last edited:
Was planning to get tickets to the second London date but didn't realise it would be announced so quickly, it looks like all the good tickets have already gone, I'm sometimes skeptical of the 'extra date due to phenomenal demand' claims but I guess in this case it's actually true.

Can anyone tell me what "Platinum Tickets" are?

When I logged on to the ticketmaster website during pre-sale (again, thanks kind person from America for giving me a code) there were only 2 types of tickets on sale. Regular and VIP. When I logged in yesterday to see how many tickets were left, there were these 'platinum tickets'. They cost significantly more, but didn't seem to give anything extra than the regular tickets.

So, does anyone know what these are and why they are so much more expensive (prices ranged between 130 and 240 euros per ticket)?

I've got a feeling a lot of those tickets will end up on the scalper sites given how quickly they seem to be selling out.
Just checked and the floor tickets for Amsterdam are also completely sold out. When I looked last night (around 8) they were still available. I hate scalpers......

Although, if it is real fans who bought the tickets and come to the concert, it will be a big party!

Last edited:
"Senjutsu" itself is all buildup and no take-off. It stays as this plodding, 8-minute mid-paced monstrosity all the way through and never goes beyond that, and doesn't vary much sonically the way "Eternity" and "TFF" do. I imagine that's why they shoved the samurai Eddie out there during it, because there isn't a lot of excitement in the song otherwise, especially as an opener that's typically supposed to get the adrenaline going.
True.
Why not wait and see? If Maiden decided that a tour honoring Somewhere in Time is the way to go in 2023, it probably means that they feel confident enough to pull off some of those challenging songs live. Stratego and Where Eagles Dare are also challenging songs and I thought Bruce and Nicko sounded great on those during the last tour.

I have a hard time imagining them skipping Caught Somewhere In Time. In fact, if the stage set is based on the Somewhere on Tour design, I expect them to do the Blade Runner intro with all the lights as well and go right into CSIT as an opener. :edmetal:
^ This.
I'd have liked to have caught Senjutsu itself live, but the way Steve was talking in the tour announcement, it didn't sound like they were going to repeat that live
They will not open with the same 3 Senjutsu songs and they will use a different stage set (not the Japanese Palace again).
I think it is easily the worst Maiden song with Bruce on vocals.
Wow! For me it's Invaders.
I disagree regarding the song Senjutsu, though I can see why it feels the way it does. Senjutsu is a mid paced song, but it's just so damn heavy/groovy and Bruce sounds incredibly serious throughout.
I agree.
and I'm now also imagining which background we're getting for each song:
They will probably have a brand new futuristic backdrop (planets, space) that will be used for several songs (like they have done for many of the tours).

CSIT - full SIT cover... or the new futuristic backdrop.
Wasted Years - this one or the new futuristic backdrop.
Sea Of Madness - artwork involving a sea or again the new futuristic backdrop.
Heaven Can Wait - it could be anything but I would say SIT Eddie alone.
Stranger In A Stranger Land - single cover or Eddie in a land of ice and snow.
Alexander The Great - ATG Eddie on a horse.

TWOTW - LOTB backdrop or a new one like a wall or something or the tower from the video or a brand new Senjutsu backdrop (castle, grasslands).
DOFP - I guess it will be the tour poster.
The Time Machine - brand new artwork (SJ Eddie standing next to a time machine) or SJ and SIT Eddie in battle.
The Parchment - an ancient temple or Samurai Eddie head only (like for The Red and The Black).
Hell On Earth - if they don't play Senjutsu, the booklet artwork will be a good fit. They have to use it. Or a brand new artwork.
Stratego - Samurai Eddie head only (from the flags).
Senjutsu - the new Senjutsu backdrop or the artwork from the booklet.

Iron Maiden - depends on which big Eddie they use: space background for SIT or grasslands/castle for SJ.
Trooper - single cover.
FOTD - a backdrop used before in the show, space background. It's time for FOTD Eddie again (after 1992) imo.
HBTN - a backdrop used before in the show, space background. Or clouds again.
TNOTB - I think it will be a different backdrop than the one they used for LOTB tour. TNOTB Eddie only?

2MTM - single cover or why not a clock, it would be fitting for this tour.
BNW - the city from the album cover.
Futureal - the new futuristic backdrop.
The Prisoner - a backdrop used before in the show.
song from the SSOASS album - album cover (again after 1992).

TWOTW - LOTB backdrop or a new one like a wall or something or the tower from the video or a brand new Senjutsu backdrop (castle, grasslands).
The bikes from the LotB background don't really fit the Future Past theme (come to think of it, they didn't really fit the LotB theme either...) so I hope they will use something else. At least, if they are playing WOTW that is.

FOTD - a backdrop used before in the show, space background. It's time for FOTD Eddie again (after 1992) imo
I agree. I love FOTD Eddie and I'd love to see him on a background during the song. I wonder if Bruce will wear his costume from the LotB tour or not?

Platinum tickets are tickets that pad TicketMaster's stock value a bit more, that's it.

Really excited to see what the theming of the staging (besides the wraparound platforms, we know the basic design's not going anywhere) is going to be. There's a lot of potential for what they can go with in terms of the Somewhere in Time theme, I just hope they pull it off.

Again, speaking as a musician, CSIT is FAR MORE demanding than Where Eagles Dare. Especially in the drumming department. It's 6 minutes of very fast bass drum. And Nicko in 2018 stated that Wicker Man is as fast as he can still do it at this point. Nicko was 66 then. Next year he will be 71. Plus Wicker Man only has the bass drum on the choruses.

As much as I would like to see CSIT, my fear is that they will perform a sub-par version at a much slower tempo, which will result in another 2022 Aces High like performance. In that case, I would rather not hear the song live again.

As much as I would like to see CSIT, my fear is that they will perform a sub-par version at a much slower tempo, which will result in another 2022 Aces High like performance. In that case, I would rather not hear the song live again.
You have to take into account that in 2022 they moved Aces High to the encore and that song is hard to close with. I think they would have aced it (no pun intended) if it had been the opening number like in 2018/ 2019.

You have to take into account that in 2022 they moved Aces High to the encore and that song is hard to close with. I think they would have aced it (no pun intended) if it had been the opening number like in 2018/ 2019.
I think it would still be slower.

Even in 2019, Aces High didn't sound as good as in 2018. Plus, CSIT is much harder than Aces. Especially on Nicko.

Virtual tickets can still be scalped unfortunately. A lot of people on my FB are struggling to get tickets this morning. Very happy I had my IMFC presale code now.
I think scalping, unfortunate enough, will always be a thing, unless all tickets have to be personalized somehow in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back