The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are saying it's just a nod to the SiT album cover where it said 'Westham 7, Arsenal 3'

But yes I personally think it means we get 5 songs from both albums. Otherwise I really can't explain the '5-5' reference. Except for the fact that 7+3 and 5+5 both come out to 10.
It's definitely a nod to the SIT album cover, but surely also a hint at the setlist for next year.

I would be surprised if it isn't 5 songs from each. They love putting hints in promo material, there are no coincidences when it comes to Iron Maiden announcements, it really encourages my tinfoil-hat-wearing tendencies.
Yeah, it's used far too prominently to not be a hint. Of course it's a throwback to the SIT cover, but if it were only that it wouldn't be shown so prominently.

If it was a throwback they'd probably have used the same text or at least the same numbers as before. But I think they saw an opportunity for a fun little setlist tease and took it. It also makes sense for an equally-split new album - nostalgia tour to have the same number of songs from each (like how they attempted to in '07).

I would be a bit cautious in assuming they'll definitely play five from each, however. Even if that's the intent, there's always a chance one of the songs they planned just doesn't work in rehearsal for whatever nebulous Iron Maiden reason, as we've seen before in '07 and Maiden England. Hell, counting for the times they've dropped songs, this exact pattern also happened in '05 and '10!

I wanted to ask; How quickly do Iron Maiden concerts sell out these days in 2022?

I well remember buying tickets for the Legacy of the Beast tour in 2019, a while after the tickets went on sale, and I could just easily still get floor tickets (the entire concert has been postponed to 2022 of course, but still). I want to get an idea of how fanatical I should be tomorrow morning.

The Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam is a lot smaller than the Gelredome in Arnhem where they performed in 2022 though (34,000 people floor space versus 6,300 people floor space, which is very heavy). Hence my 'fear' that I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I'm more than stressed at the moment so I'm going to try to get tickets with 2 accounts, so wish me luck for that!

I wanted to ask; How quickly do Iron Maiden concerts sell out these days in 2022?

I well remember buying tickets for the Legacy of the Beast tour in 2019, a while after the tickets went on sale, and I could just easily still get floor tickets (the entire concert has been postponed to 2022 of course, but still). I want to get an idea of how fanatical I should be tomorrow morning.

The Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam is a lot smaller than the Gelredome in Arnhem where they performed in 2022 though (34,000 people floor space versus 6,300 people floor space, which is very heavy). Hence my 'fear' that I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I'm more than stressed at the moment so I'm going to try to get tickets with 2 accounts, so wish me luck for that!
Gelredome wasn't completely sold out this year. 23,359/25,000 tickets sold. If you are getting tickets tomorrow you should be fine.

Gelredome wasn't completely sold out this year. 23,359/25,000 tickets sold. If you are getting tickets tomorrow you should be fine.
Was it now? I did not know that. Where's you get those numbers?

A buddy of mine who also went that night (he had FTTB, lucky guy) told me a lot of seats on the side were empty. And the seats all the way in the back (so behind the standing crowd) weren't even used.

But thanks for giving me some encouragement for tomorrow. I had an easy time getting tickets to all the other concerts I've been to so far (except Rammstein.....) so tomorrow will be more exciting than usual.

The most incredible and beautiful thing ever just happened.

A very nice person sent me a DM message on Reddit saying he was from America and had a pre-sale code, but wouldn't be using it anytime soon. He saw a comment I made on someone complaining about ticketmaster's service. He said I could use the code it if I wanted to. He immediately sent me the code and I managed to get 2 floor tickets to the show in Amsterdam!

I'm all excited right now! This feels unreal, but it's real! My dear girlfriend and I are really going to Iron Maiden! I was so anxious on joining the queue tomorrow, but that's no longer necessary.

See you in Amsterdam Troopers!

Edit: It can't be that these tickets are blocked or something because I used someone else's code, right? I mean, I don't want to get all excited and suddenly ticketmaster or someone else takes them away. I don't expect Rod to suddenly ring my doorbell and take my tickets at least ....

Last edited:

A very nice person sent me a DM message on Reddit saying he was from America and had a pre-sale code, but wouldn't be using it anytime soon. He saw a comment I made on someone complaining about ticketmaster's service. He said I could use the code it if I wanted to. He immediately sent me the code and I managed to get 2 floor tickets to the show in Amsterdam!

I'm all excited right now! This feels unreal, but it's real! My dear girlfriend and I are really going to Iron Maiden! I was so anxious on joining the queue tomorrow, but that's no longer necessary.

See you in Amsterdam Troopers!

Edit: It can't be that these tickets are blocked or something because I used someone else's code, right? I mean, I don't want to get all excited and suddenly ticketmaster or someone else takes them away. I don't expect Rod to suddenly ring my doorbell and take my tickets at least ....

It was me.

Just kidding, it wasn't me

I'm all excited right now! This feels unreal, but it's real! My dear girlfriend and I

Nope I've used a friends FC code for years it's always been fine. Only time you run into trouble is getting more than the allocated amount of 4 tickets per show and they pick up on it cancelling the order

Does anyone have any awareness or clue, how much time it usually takes them to release the "further dates". I can't wait!
Probably waiting for the tour to finish, the sale of the first dates to be done with and release a new set sometime in November .

Or they could just drip feed 1 or 2 shows at a time like they have done in the past

Does anyone have any awareness or clue, how much time it usually takes them to release the "further dates". I can't wait!
I’d love to see the full announcement. I kinda hope they do what they did on BoS and do the first three months now and pick it up again next year, just they do the Africa/Asia/Australia stuff in September-December. Finish up Europe at the start of 24 and then big US tour. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway. If this is the case, I’m hoping to do Perth, Melbourne and Sydney on this tour. One whiff of Alexander live and I’m all in.

Some people are saying it's just a nod to the SiT album cover where it said 'Westham 7, Arsenal 3'

But yes I personally think it means we get 5 songs from both albums. Otherwise I really can't explain the '5-5' reference. Except for the fact that 7+3 and 5+5 both come out to 10.
caught somewhere in time
wasted years
heaven can wait
Alexander the great
stranger in a stranger land
writting on the wall
hell on earth
death of the celth
time machine
Lost in a lost World or days of future past
and 4 more clásics

this is my guess.... but starting with Senjutsu álbum. Dont Know wich song....these days maiden do what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back