The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I can't see an album already being recorded. They wouldn't have gone straight into the studio right after a long tour, and then Nicko recovering from a bloody stroke in January and barely being good enough to tour. The closest to that scenario I can see happening is them recording an album in the winter and then debuting a new song on next year's leg.

It seems obvious it's a new album. It also seems obvious that they must take the Future Past tour to other parts of the world in 2024 and must play the Somewhere in Time songs to more people. So the only thing that makes sense is that the tour will continue, but the "future" songs will be from the new album, not Senjutsu. I am confident in this prediction (but ready to eat crow, if necessary).

Nothing else makes sense to me.
Yup, that's propably why it's called the FUTURE past tour, and not something with senjutsu in the title, so they can change the future albim

Yup, that's propably why it's called the FUTURE past tour, and not something with senjutsu in the title, so they can change the future albim
It's a fun idea, but I don't see it happening. I don't see Maiden changing half the promotional material and a third of the setlist for a new tour, but keeping the SIT part unchanged. At that point they might as well change the whole thing.

It's a fun idea, but I don't see it happening. I don't see Maiden changing half the promotional material and a third of the setlist for a new tour, but keeping the SIT part unchanged. At that point they might as well change the whole thing.
Maybe they keep the tour name/concept, but change both the future AND the past albums? Like new album/seventh son for instance

Yeah I can't see an album already being recorded. They wouldn't have gone straight into the studio right after a long tour, and then Nicko recovering from a bloody stroke in January and barely being good enough to tour. The closest to that scenario I can see happening is them recording an album in the winter and then debuting a new song on next year's leg.

Bruce’s diary is already filling up with Talking Bullshit shows in Autumn, so I am not convinced they will be recording a new album any time soon.

I would be VERY surprised if the 2024 Future Past tour dates feature a different setlist to the 2023 ones.
I still think it's possible they might change 1/2 songs, especially if it will be the final leg of the tour. The set is very well balanced though.

Their original plan/idea was to play all songs from SJ, but I think they might drop only Celts for one of the other 3 songs that are still not played live from the album. I also don't think they will bring back Number or Hallowed or change any of the other songs except maybe Can I Play With Madness.
Bruce’s diary is already filling up with Talking Bullshit shows in Autumn, so I am not convinced they will be recording a new album any time soon.
I guess the album will be recorded early next year or in the winter after the tour (for a 2025 release) like they usually do. Nicko must be in his top form. Bruce can do his Spoken tour (if he wants to continue it) either early next year or early 2025. I wonder what will happen with his solo tour (and album).
This.

Last edited:
Monkey's paw time:

Maiden records a new album and adds another let to the Future Past tour. The "Future" set includes the tracks from the new album, the "Past" set sees the SIT songs replaced by Senjutsu songs. BAM.
Like 5 people (me included) are happy. Everyone else is unhappy. I'm waiting for my check in the mailbox, Rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back