The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. Was hoping for earlier. Trains back can be a bitch!

I agree. My tickets for 7th July state doors open at 6:30 PM BST and the event is at 8:00 PM BST, but I would imagine the latter would refer to the start time of the support band.

Anyway, if it is of any help, here are the event times for today at Nottingham:

Doors open: 6pm
Lords of The Lost: 7:30pm
Iron Maiden: 8:50pm
Approx finish: 10:50pm

I watched a video of DOTC from Manchester (from the front rows) and there was crowd participation for every melody of it! I think the song is very good live, it's like a fairytale. Bruce singing ''freedom'' from the lyrics with a high pitched voice is a nice nod to The Clansman.
Which part of the song is it where Bruce sings “freedom”?

The studio outro licks of SIASL by Adrian are great and futuristic sounding, but Janick's Egyptian-like ones are cool too and kind of fit. Love it.

Speaking of Janick's playing, I wished him to play his DOTC solo note for note (because it's great), but I expected him to change it. Still a lot of fun.

pictures from the band's IG account for the show tonight shows tour shirts that are not available on their site that feature more Senjutsu work than SIT. Wonder if we'll ever see those posted on their site or if they may be venue specific ones that'll show up later tonight or tomorrow

Went to the Manchester show on Friday, my first Maiden gig. I knew it would be great, but it was even better than anticipated. Outstanding.

The stage set was a feast for the eyes. It sounded good and the band was on fire. Great setlist too. (Big fan of Senjutsu.) I knew the setlist beforehand so there would be no disappointment on the night.

We were up in the gods to the left hand side, shame we couldn't get closer to the action but I could not find GA tickets in any presales or gen release. Anyway we had a great view of the stage. And what a spectacle.

Goes into my top 5 all time gigs. Probably top 3, actually.

(Chuffed to see that someone filmed the whole gig from pretty much my own viewpoint and put it on YouTube. There's also a pretty decent bootleg on Dime.)

Went to the Manchester show on Friday, my first Maiden gig. I knew it would be great, but it was even better than anticipated. Outstanding.

The stage set was a feast for the eyes. It sounded good and the band was on fire. Great setlist too. (Big fan of Senjutsu.) I knew the setlist beforehand so there would be no disappointment on the night.

We were up in the gods to the left hand side, shame we couldn't get closer to the action but I could not find GA tickets in any presales or gen release. Anyway we had a great view of the stage. And what a spectacle.

Goes into my top 5 all time gigs. Probably top 3, actually.

(Chuffed to see that someone filmed the whole gig from pretty much my own viewpoint and put it on YouTube. There's also a pretty decent bootleg on Dime.)
How do you get on Dime? I also wanna download some boots

I agree and it's not about kilts - I love 'Arry's writing, I love his epics even more and I usually like anything remotely Celtic, but DOTC is the most boring song Maiden have written since about 2003.

The somewhat-Celtic part in Writing on the Wall after the 4th minute and the "Over the Hills and Far Away" part in The Red and the Black beginning at 9:40 are both better and I'm not kidding nor exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back