The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are in deep cut mode, it began with COTD and Powerslave in 2016, then they went deeper for LOTB and played Icarus, Sign of the Cross ++

This tour they went even deeper and I think it will continue. Sun and Steel or Only the Good Die Young for the next tour?
Infinite Dreams all the way over Only The Good Die Young. However, they could knock out OTGDY rather easily since it's not one of their very difficult songs.

Got in the middle, 3 rows back in Manchester. All I can say is I'm bleedin loving the work of the boys. Highlights for me on Friday night were The Prisoner and Wasted Years. Still cannot believe how good Bruce sounds - so much better IMO than on Book of Souls and Legacy tours. After watching numerous videos online, the sound is soooo much better live and looking forward to my third gig in a week at Nottingham on Monday. The boys got plenty left in the tank yet! As far as the set list goes, I feel there's been much better reaction/atmosphere from audience than the Book of Souls. Still not sure about the inclusion of Celts, but a great show again nonetheless.

What did he say about it?
The sound wasn't so loud, but he said that they now realize that the songs sound better at the current tempo because they were recorded really fast over 37 years ago. I guess that's also why he simplified some drum parts (he didn't talk about that). They don't want to struggle with them. Solos and vocals too. He mentioned CSIT and Trooper and said he read the criticism about his drumming on this tour. Steve told him (when they were rehearsing the opener for this tour) that they should play CSIT slower because it's too fast and he said to himself - ''what was I thinking when I wrote such a fast song back in 1986''! They were younger, ofc. And Nicko joked that no one could play the album version tempo of the song. :D
Towards the end he said that Alexander is a little bit too quick for Bruce, he struggles with the vocals (I haven't noticed anything like that) and they have to be aware of the tempo, so that's why some songs have to be slower. When he said that CSIT is an onslaught and that the Maiden England live concert was so fast, I smiled along with him because Nicko is a legend and has earned everyone's respect long ago, even more so now.

Bruce poured some pints at Robinsons brewery yesterday.

The sound wasn't so loud, but he said that they now realize that the songs sound better at the current tempo because they were recorded really fast over 37 years ago. I guess that's also why he simplified some drum parts (he didn't talk about that). They don't want to struggle with them. Solos and vocals too. He mentioned CSIT and Trooper and said he read the criticism about his drumming on this tour. Steve told him (when they were rehearsing the opener for this tour) that they should play CSIT slower because it's too fast and he said to himself - ''what was I thinking when I wrote such a fast song back in 1986''! They were younger, ofc. And Nicko joked that no one could play the album version tempo of the song. :D
Towards the end he said that Alexander is a little bit too quick for Bruce, he struggles with the vocals (I haven't noticed anything like that) and they have to be aware of the tempo, so that's why some songs have to be slower. When he said that CSIT is an onslaught and that the Maiden England live concert was so fast, I smiled along with him because Nicko is a legend and has earned everyone's respect long ago, even more so now.

It is nice to see Nicko address the elephant in the room so candidly, but am I the only one who sees the reasons given as a bit of an excuse? I mean, they recorded the songs originally at a fast tempo because that is how they were written!

You can do that with the Ticketmaster ones (they actually sensibly provide a shortcut to download them) but not the AXS ones, where the QR code changes every 60 seconds ;)
Not my Ticketmaster ones for Leeds, they have some sort of bar moving across them which blurs the image

I didn't for one moment think Nicko would actually see any of the criticism, feel a little bad now :(
I've heard him say he actually has an account in the official FC and often checks in and reads the forums so it's not surprising he's well aware about whats being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back