The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we're speaking about recordings: Has anybody yet spotted any evidences (crowd mics, filming etc.) of a live recordig from this tour?

In Nottingham for tomorrow's (well, technically today's) gig. Good buzz in the pubs where Maiden fans are frequenting, and even hotels too, such as the metal pub Tap and Tumbler. Very happy days! Although those fans who keep telling me that The Final Frontier is Maiden's worst album need to have a word with themselves!

In Nottingham for tomorrow's (well, technically today's) gig. Good buzz in the pubs where Maiden fans are frequenting, and even hotels too, such as the metal pub Tap and Tumbler. Very happy days! Although those fans who keep telling me that The Final Frontier is Maiden's worst album need to have a word with themselves!
You should tell them that they released two more after that

Just watched the full Manchester show on youtube. What a phenomenal performance.
I agree. Probably the best version of Time Machine so far. Although Bruce has messed up quite a few lyrics, for example the chorus of Hell On Earth... again.
It is nice to see Nicko address the elephant in the room so candidly, but am I the only one who sees the reasons given as a bit of an excuse? I mean, they recorded the songs originally at a fast tempo because that is how they were written!
I think it's another way of saying: age is the reason?
Regarding Nicko I think tempos are ok, it's more about the fact that he has simplified a lot of the songs, does less fills and also some of the transitions in songs aren't as smooth as they used to be.
I also think the tempos are good and if he has to skip some drum fills for this, then that's for the best, although they are important for the songs. The transitions are another issue, but from what I've seen, it's not on every song or every night. Hopefully they'll choose the best live versions for the live release, which is certain imo.

It is nice to see Nicko address the elephant in the room so candidly, but am I the only one who sees the reasons given as a bit of an excuse? I mean, they recorded the songs originally at a fast tempo because that is how they were written!
It might be a bit of an excuse for sure but on the other hand, I think it sounds fine with this tempo, it doesn't bother me. At least it sounds better now than when they played it live back then almost even faster (well maybe not CSIT but some songs were ridicously fast. Probably the best example being 7th where Bruce didn't have the time to sing the chorus!!).

News to me. He said they used to PLAY them too fast live, it was a factor in him getting fed up.

True, the point I was really getting at but was too facetious in my reply to @GhostofCain was that, while I believe the key point in the slower tempos is Nicko getting older, it's not like Nicko is making up a load of bullshit to cover up for it, Adrian has been complaining about songs beng too fast since forever, as has Bruce with there being too much words for him to spit out when trying to sing at fast tempos. Maiden have agreed to slow down on the last two tours, as a result of Nicko aging, but it's giving Adrian and Bruce what they wanted all along, so it's a bit out of order to single out Nicko and sneer at him for getting old.

I watched a video of DOTC from Manchester (from the front rows) and there was crowd participation for every melody of it! I think the song is very good live, it's like a fairytale. Bruce singing ''freedom'' from the lyrics with a high pitched voice is a nice nod to The Clansman.

Anyone know the schedule for the 2 O2 gigs? Do we know what time Maiden get on stage? Coming from Hampton, so easily 90 minutes commute and don't want to arrive too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back