The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Bruce is not running and jumping around all the time, which is a very good thing, in my opinion, as he probably won't get out of breath so often and can focus 100% on singing.

What a night, really. CSIT performance is absolutely brutal - I don't even care about their mistake.

Last edited:
Saw the setlist.
I love SIT, one of my favs.
Probably doesn’t sound the best as an opener these days as Bruce’s voice needs a bit to warm up properly
I would be totally stoked if they leave the setlist as is for Dublin in 3 1/2 weeks

My blood is pumping just looking at some of those songs they played

It looks like Bruce is not running and jumping around all the time, which is a very good thing, in my opinion, as he probably won't get out of breath so often and can focus 100% on singing.

What a night, really. CSIT performance is absolutely brutal - I don't even care about their mistake.
This is due to his hip replacement. Sadly I think his days of running and jumping off of the monitors are over.

As for the setlist:

+ Caught Somewhere In Time
+ Stranger In A Strange Land
+ Days Of Future Past
+ The Time Machine
+ The Prisoner
+ Alexander The Great
+ The Trooper
+ Wasted Years

o The Writing On The Wall (acceptable but I would prefer The Parchment)
o Heaven Can Wait (not bad but I would prefer Sea Of Madness)
o Iron Maiden
o Hell On Earth

- Death Of The Celts (why play the worst song from the album and abandon the best: Stratego?)
- Can I Play With Madness (why play the worst Maiden single and abandon the best: Rainmaker?)
- Fear Of The Dark (is this one really superior to Hallowed Be Thy Name?)

+ positive
o neutral
- negative

Last edited:
I am not disappointed with the set list at all. I thought HBTN was a bit rough last year. If Bruce is going to strain, at least do it on songs we have never heard live or haven’t heard in a long time.

What a show and what a setlist!
The stage design, the lights and led screens were making things look new and fresh. The nostalgia elements (older eddies on screens during wasted years for instance) were smartly included. The band is proud of his past and rejuvenated all at once. So did I feel at the end.

The combination of csit and stranger totally blew my mind. Two songs in and I knew I was witnessing history and couldn't help crying.
Prisoner, Madness and hcw sounded extremely fresh, although Madness was slow.

Alex and hell on Earth were obvious highlight, together with the two opening songs. They didn't disappoint.

The band was often accused of laziness on this forum, I include myself here... Yesterday have shown how and where they intend to use their remaining years: where they belong, at the top of the game.

A word about Bruce and Adrian. No, there are no words to describe their performance.

The setlist is almost perfect. I can't lie I find the Death of the Celts boring and I would swap it for Stratego any day. In geneal I'm glad they dropped the classics. In fact they dropped almost every song from the last tour except for Trooper, TWOTW, Fear and IM. I would keep Hallowed over all these.
+ Caught Somewhere In Time
+ Alexander
+ SIASL
+ Hell on Earth
+ Wasted Years
+ Heaven Can Wait
+ Time Machine
+ The Days of Future Past

o Iron Maiden ( we know they will play it)
o Trooper ( we know they will play the beer song)
o The writing on the wall ( I would prefer Stratego, again)
o Fear ( overplayed, but works)

- Death of the Celts ( Snoozzzz)
- Can I play with Madness ( from all the hits, why this?)
- Prisoner ( I would swap it almost for any other deep cut from the 80s)

Changes I would make:
Prisoner out, Hallowed in
Celts out, Stratego in
CIPWM out, Clairvoyant or The Evil that men do in
If Celts are out maybe one more song can be played. LET IT BE FUTUREAL :D

I think the "overplayed classics" like e.g. The Trooper are highlighted much more when they are carefully picked like this. It's getting fun again seeing them played when they're not part of boring setlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back