The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the costune/pantomime thing on LOTB was ok, but maybe was a bit too much of a distraction for Bruce. I know he loves the theatrical side of things, but I'd prefer that he toned it down and focused a bit more on getting a quick breather so he can give us the best vocal performance possible.

@wojczi are your friends initals S.J.?
I get that "Days of Future Past" is an OK song, still, I don't see it as an opener.
I get the costume changes (and Natasha has been with them since, at least, Death on the Road tour) still, I think it's too much. Bruce shenanigans on stage are starting to look like a scenes where grandpa is trying to entertain his grandchildren.
Oh, and can somebody screenshot Leana's Instagram?
SJ - no
Leana confirmed that they are in
croatia
, but then she immeditely deleted this story.

I predict two options:
1. Open with Caught Somewhere in Time, with big clock on stage "1986" and then immeditlely "2023" and light on Adrian and second song: Days Of Future Past.
2. They will not play CSiT, from somewhere will be (Sea of Madness, Wasted, Alexander, Heaven, Stranger) and in this option DOFP will be first song.

And i have strong felling there will be The Time Machine an after that song we'll back in time and ... we'll hear "My son ask for thyself another kingdom, For that which I leave is too small for thee" :innocent:

SJ - no
Leana confirmed that they are in
croatia
, but then she immeditely deleted this story.

I predict two options:
1. Open with Caught Somewhere in Time, with big clock on stage "1986" and then immeditlely "2023" and light on Adrian and second song: Days Of Future Past.
2. They will not play CSiT, from somewhere will be (Sea of Madness, Wasted, Alexander, Heaven, Stranger) and in this option DOFP will be first song.

And i have strong felling there will be The Time Machine an after that song we'll back in time and ... we'll hear "My son ask for thyself another kingdom, For that which I leave is too small for thee" :innocent:
I think with your previous report I think option 2 is the one, since your source was shown the door during DOFP.

I've been thinking about the setlist again and after considering the four Steve epics on Senjutsu, I kind of think that they might include "Lost in a Lost World" and "The Parchment" over "Death of the Celts" and "Hell on Earth". The first two feel more live-built than the latter two. LIALW has an intro that Steve may want to do live, "Clansman" style, and as soon as the chorus kicks in, both he and Janick will be jumping up and down and I'm sure that'll be a massive boost of energy for the crowd. "The Parchment" just feels like it was made to play live, and Bruce and Nicko want to play it anyway, so that should make it a shoe-in. "Death of the Celts" is good but it's a little sluggish and the instrumental doesn't feel as explosive as the other songs on the album. There's no big "WOW!" moment for the audience. "Hell on Earth" just has so many shifting segments that they might give up during the rehearsal.

In this circumstance, I feel like it's possibly that we'll get something more like this:

1. Days of Future Past
2. Sea of Madness
3. Wrathchild
4. The Writing on the Wall
5. Lost in a Lost World
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. The Trooper
8. The Time Machine
9. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
10. The Parchment
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Wasted Years
13. Iron Maiden
ENCORE
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Heaven Can Wait
16. Phantom of the Opera

There are just so many different variables here. This one eschews "Alexander the Great" and "Caught Somewhere in Time" for "Sea of Madness" and "Long Distance Runner". It also plays around with the classics a bit. Maiden have so many different possibilities for one setlist and I'm too hyped and my brain constantly fires on all cylinders for this shit instead stuff that matters, so. Who knows.

I want them to play CSIT, even if they have to slow it down a bit. For this SiT "sorry we didn't document it properly the first time" tour to make it mean something really special for me they have to play Loneliness or Alexander. Since the question Bruce always gets at his spoken word tours is not "when are you going to play TLOTLDR?" I think it should be Alexander. Trying not to get too hyped for this tour as I am more excited for this tour than I was for LOTB. I hope everything they rehearse works, lol

I want them to play CSIT, even if they have to slow it down a bit. For this SiT "sorry we didn't document it properly the first time" tour to make it mean something really special for me they have to play Loneliness or Alexander. Since the question Bruce always gets at his spoken word tours is not "when are you going to play TLOTLDR?" I think it should be Alexander. Trying not to get too hyped for this tour as I am more excited for this tour than I was for LOTB. I hope everything they rehearse works, lol

Speak for yourself. The constant costume changes were a large part of the fun on LOTB. It was meant to be the best stage show they've ever done, after all.
the stage was the best for sure

Just re-watched that Rock'N'Roll ribs party and a few things stood out from Nicko's mid-show rants. Another important piece of information is that Nicko wanted to bring back SIASL and 22AA as far as back in 2020 (he stated that in an interview, he put those 2 forward as tracks he wanted to play). Things that stood out to me from that party:

- Nicko played SIASL with his band for the first time (some Pat Travers band groove included, because it fits the song). This leads me to believe that SIASL was planned as a part of original "Senjutsu tour" setlist and Nicko got his wish.

- Nicko refers to the 2023 tour as "Senjutsu Tour". This leads me to believe that this year's tour was indeed planned as an album tour. But as they planned to include SIASL and ATG (next part) and performed Senjutsu and Stratego during LOTB, they decided to ditch those two and add Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait. That was probably the managment's suggestion as history tours sell better than album tours. And the band agreed.

- Nicko actually rehearsed ATG with Titanium Tart. Called Steve about it and Steve asked him to leave it off the setlist and promised that Maiden are gonna perform it on the next tour. That resulted in addition of another SIT deep cut which enabled Maiden to ditch the Senjutsu album tour idea and call it a hybrid Future Past tour.

So, all in all, I think Nicko's wishes might be the main reason behind this tour and the SIT centerpieces will be Alex and Stranger.

Also, the more I think about it, it's very plausible that either Children Of The Damned or The Prisoner will be performed at the expense of The Number Of The Beast.

Last edited:
I think it is even simpler than that, I think the band were supposed to do 3 tours. LOTB 2, then the album tour, then another legacy tour and they were probably loosely discussing do SIT as it was the one major legacy period not yet visited.

imo if COVID had not happened and delayed LOTB part 2 it would still be a SIT themed legacy tour kicking off this summer in Europe and a proper Senjutsu, mostly indoor arena, world tour would have gotten underway 18 months ago.

I think it is even simpler than that, I think the band were supposed to do 3 tours. LOTB 2, then the album tour, then another legacy tour and they were probably loosely discussing do SIT as it was the one major legacy period not yet visited.

imo if COVID had not happened and delayed LOTB part 2 it would still be a SIT themed legacy tour kicking off this summer in Europe and a proper Senjutsu, mostly indoor arena, world tour would have gotten underway 18 months ago.
The thing is that Nicko still called it "Senjutsu Tour" during the last RNR Ribs party before 2022 tour, so I think the discussion about it being Future Past tour took place during the 2022 LOTB rehearsals as afterwards in Zagreb, Juras hinted about SIT-heavy tour in 2023. Also, the decision go play 3 tracks from Senjutsu played a massive part in this.

I really think Senjutsu tour was renamed because they wanted to play SIASL and ATG. Then, a certain someone said "Bloody fucking great. Let's cash on that." And, we are here

I think SiT hints started during end of European leg last year. Before that there were hints about possible playing full Senjtusu album next tour.

I've been thinking about the setlist again and after considering the four Steve epics on Senjutsu, I kind of think that they might include "Lost in a Lost World" and "The Parchment" over "Death of the Celts" and "Hell on Earth". The first two feel more live-built than the latter two. LIALW has an intro that Steve may want to do live, "Clansman" style, and as soon as the chorus kicks in, both he and Janick will be jumping up and down and I'm sure that'll be a massive boost of energy for the crowd. "The Parchment" just feels like it was made to play live, and Bruce and Nicko want to play it anyway, so that should make it a shoe-in. "Death of the Celts" is good but it's a little sluggish and the instrumental doesn't feel as explosive as the other songs on the album. There's no big "WOW!" moment for the audience. "Hell on Earth" just has so many shifting segments that they might give up during the rehearsal.

In this circumstance, I feel like it's possibly that we'll get something more like this:

1. Days of Future Past
2. Sea of Madness
3. Wrathchild
4. The Writing on the Wall
5. Lost in a Lost World
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. The Trooper
8. The Time Machine
9. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
10. The Parchment
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Wasted Years
13. Iron Maiden
ENCORE
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Heaven Can Wait
16. Phantom of the Opera

There are just so many different variables here. This one eschews "Alexander the Great" and "Caught Somewhere in Time" for "Sea of Madness" and "Long Distance Runner". It also plays around with the classics a bit. Maiden have so many different possibilities for one setlist and I'm too hyped and my brain constantly fires on all cylinders for this shit instead stuff that matters, so. Who knows.
Lost in a Lost World is a massive turd. Here’s hoping it does not get played!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back