The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet that's the opener too. I can already hear them in my head blasting into the intro right after "Doctor Doctor," the pop from the crowd, and it works.

I just don't see them doing "Caught Somewhere in Time," personally. I know Bruce wasn't a fan of trying to sing it back in the day, so bringing it out at this late stage would be surprising. I'd much prefer "Sea of Madness," but that's probably a longshot too. Maiden's been playing it fairly safe setlist-wise since 2006, so HCW, WY are probably the only two "givens" to be in the set. SIASL is likely, I think, but the fact they mysteriously dropped it in 1999 makes me think they think it doesn't work live. Alexander's likely, though, I'll admit, if for nothing else than to shut the fans up. :lol:
SIASL is a certain, since it's in the tour teaser. Agree with CSIT, tho.

I'd bet that's the opener too. I can already hear them in my head blasting into the intro right after "Doctor Doctor," the pop from the crowd, and it works.

I just don't see them doing "Caught Somewhere in Time," personally. I know Bruce wasn't a fan of trying to sing it back in the day, so bringing it out at this late stage would be surprising. I'd much prefer "Sea of Madness," but that's probably a longshot too. Maiden's been playing it fairly safe setlist-wise since 2006, so HCW, WY are probably the only two "givens" to be in the set. SIASL is likely, I think, but the fact they mysteriously dropped it in 1999 makes me think they think it doesn't work live. Alexander's likely, though, I'll admit, if for nothing else than to shut the fans up. :lol:
Because the band wants to film this show for a DVD or a video on YT, I bet otherwise. I bet they will open with CSIT, because of the fact that they couldn't take a shot of a show during the 1986. So, they want to do it this year, so CSIT will be the opener.

Infinite Dreams or Still Life should have been in that spot for it to be a true Maiden England setlist. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is an underplayed song but it would have suited any of the A Matter of Life and Death setlist themes (2006/2007) better. Same goes for Can I Play with Madness, Heaven Can Wait and Wasted years in the Somewhere Back in Time World Tour! They could have gone for some PoM or Powerslave deep cuts like Die with Your Boots On and Losfer Words instead! I really hope they stick to the Sit/Senjutsu albums plus a few classics! Futureal is excused because of my personal bias! A little side note: I think the SiT material would have been great for the Virtual XI tour theme (they even reused the inflatables!), replace Angel and the Gambler with Stranger in a Strange Land and Lightning Strikes twice with Wasted Years and you would have a great setlist, not relying too much on the Blaze era as the actual Virtual XI setlist was.
Every 80's album got its spotlight with the Hits tours, Powerslave (and maybe POM) with the least amount of deep cuts.
-> All of the Reunion albums were represented great, and they will never do a 90's based tour.

I agree about Afraid To Shoot Strangers in 2006/2007 and about SIT material in 1998. I think they didn't want to copy the 1988 setlist for ME tour because it was specific for SSOASS, although at least one of Still Life and Killers should have been played. The tour wasn't planned in 2008, so the only songs that could have been changed were Moonchild (probably not, it doesn't fit, but with The Evil That Men Do, a song with a SIT feel, or with Infinite Dreams) and Can I Play With Madness (played in 2003). And some of the other old songs like Die With Your Boots On, Murders, 22 Acacia Avenue were played in 2005 and 2003. Losfer Words would have been cool. Or songs like Killers, Caught Somewhere In Time, Stranger, Running Free.
I just don't see them doing "Caught Somewhere in Time," personally. I know Bruce wasn't a fan of trying to sing it back in the day, so bringing it out at this late stage would be surprising. I'd much prefer "Sea of Madness," but that's probably a longshot too. Maiden's been playing it fairly safe setlist-wise since 2006...
This is the tour to break the ''safe setlists''! I wouldn't be that surprised with Caught Somewhere In Time (as an opener), it's the title track and Steve will probably want to recreate the intro from 1986. But yeah, what if Bruce says no? With Sea Of Madness, a bit more. The biggest surprise would be Long Distance Runner (not Alexander, after all the hints) or other old rarity (played live before though). The ''5+5'' hint will be the best option.

Considering that they will probably play Alex, everything from SIT is possible. Wouldn't be surprised if they play Deja Vu one bit considering the tour theme. Same with Loneliness considering Steve's comments.

Considering that they will probably play Alex, everything from SIT is possible. Wouldn't be surprised if they play Deja Vu one bit considering the tour theme. Same with Loneliness considering Steve's comments.
Can't see Loneliness because it's highly demanding for Nicko as well.

2 never played live before songs on the same tour? After this tour (and if they play Alexander), there will be a chance for a song like Only The Good Die Young, I hope. Alexander is an exception. The theme of Deja-Vu fits perfectly though.
Alexander will be an epic live version.
I agree.

Hopefully they will just have a cool backdrop and some pyro, I don't need to see Bruce in a toga or something...
I think he will have a special costume only for CSIT (if they play it). For Alexander, maybe a cape and a sword. I don't expect Bruce's own theatrical approach to be for as many songs as it was during the Legacy tour. Such a tour was a one-off. They can still top this tour with the new stage and props. I assume it would be similar to his theatrics during TBOS tour.

I think he will have a special costume only for CSIT (if they play it). For Alexander, maybe a cape and a sword. I don't expect Bruce's own theatrical approach to be for as many songs as it was during the Legacy tour. Such a tour was a one-off. They can still top this tour with the new stage and props. I assume it would be similar to his theatrics during TBOS tour.
Just don't be cheesy. If anything just wear a modern, light-up jacket that actually works for CSIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back