The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't care for the number of costumes on the LOTB tour either. I don't mind them usually (when well done) but thought Bruce just looked a bit silly during Clansman and the opening songs. Just seemed cheap and pantomime. Don't mean to sound like a hater, like if the SIT light up jacket makes a return with new tech and looks good I'll welcome it, I thought the Flight of Icarus flame thrower gimmick and the costume/prop for Sign of the Cross were pretty cool, for example.

I have read here people speculate that the theatrics might be toned down for this tour as the last tour was a legacy tour but Bruce seems to like it and brought an actual costume designer on tour according to the backstage during a show video they did so I expect it to continue on this tour.

I really think they've rehearsed some of the main songs of SIT - or at least discussed about the real possibilities of performing them in a good level - before the announcement of the tour. Honestly, it will be underwhelming if they don't play CSIT. DOFP is a cool song and is the name of the tour, ok, but all the hype that has been created for the upcoming shows is due to the 5 SIT songs, we know it. So, after "Doctor Doctor", I really expect to listen to the Blade Runner Intro...

I really think they've rehearsed some of the main songs of SIT - or at least discussed about the real possibilities of performing them in a good level - before the announcement of the tour. Honestly, it will be underwhelming if they don't play CSIT. DOFP is a cool song and is the name of the tour, ok, but all the hype that has been created for the upcoming shows is due to the 5 SIT songs, we know it. So, after "Doctor Doctor", I really expect to listen to the Blade Runner Intro...
They never rehearse in advance. They just discuss the setlist or mail it between them.

I didn't care for the number of costumes on the LOTB tour either. I don't mind them usually (when well done) but thought Bruce just looked a bit silly during Clansman and the opening songs. Just seemed cheap and pantomime. Don't mean to sound like a hater, like if the SIT light up jacket makes a return with new tech and looks good I'll welcome it, I thought the Flight of Icarus flame thrower gimmick and the costume/prop for Sign of the Cross were pretty cool, for example.

I have read here people speculate that the theatrics might be toned down for this tour as the last tour was a legacy tour but Bruce seems to like it and brought an actual costume designer on tour according to the backstage during a show video they did so I expect it to continue on this tour.

I personally think he overdid it on the LOTB tour, although some bits were great (e.g., the flamethrowers for Flight of Icarus, arguably the highlight of the show).

That being said, Iron Maiden have always been a heavy metal pantomime, walking a thin line between a superb and a ridiculous live show.

Also, in case you're wondering, there's a plaque below that says that Bruce personally donated it to the hall of fame. Make of that what you will.

@wojczi are your friends initals S.J.?
I get that "Days of Future Past" is an OK song, still, I don't see it as an opener.
I get the costume changes (and Natasha has been with them since, at least, Death on the Road tour) still, I think it's too much. Bruce shenanigans on stage are starting to look like a scenes where grandpa is trying to entertain his grandchildren.
Oh, and can somebody screenshot Leana's Instagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back