The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do drop NOTB for a deeper cut from the album, then I really hope it's 22AA since it's been ages and they've talked about wanting to play it again god knows how many times now. The Prisoner was played all throughout 2012-14, CotD 2016-17, but 22AA was only on one tour in '03 and even then it wasn't played at every show since they were doing the co-headlining thing in the US.

If they do drop NOTB for a deeper cut from the album, then I really hope it's 22AA since it's been ages and they've talked about wanting to play it again god knows how many times now. The Prisoner was played all throughout 2012-14, CotD 2016-17, but 22AA was only on one tour in '03 and even then it wasn't played at every show since they were doing the co-headlining thing in the US.
22AA lyrics are barely hearable nowadays. I doubt they'll play it.

I'd say there's a chance Phantom gets played as well. It was in the original SIT tour and it hasn't been played since 2014. But can only see entering in the place of Hallowed and not sure they drop it.

I'd say there's a chance Phantom gets played as well. It was in the original SIT tour and it hasn't been played since 2014. But can only see entering in the place of Hallowed and not sure they drop it.
Yeah. This set will likely be loaded with epics (Fear, Hallowed, Hell On Earth, Parchement, Alexander, HCW, Time Machine), so I don't see it being played, unless they drop Fear or Hallowed.

I think Phantom will be wheeled out in 2025 for 50th anniversary, if they are still around.

Yeah, for TBOS it was either RTTH or TNOTB. And Adrian vetoed 2MTM, because he felt it was overplayed (and he was right).

I have a feeling that this year both RTTH and TNOTB might be dropped. I was almost sure about that, until they announced Power Trip. Now, I think one of those 2 will be played. If none of those two are played in Europe, I think there is a chance they add one for the fall shows and drop a deeper cut.

Number Of The Beast, the album, will likely be represented with two songs. Hallowed is one and the second? I'd say The Prisoner.
Oh yeah, the 2MTM story. It helped as both it and TETMD felt fresh on the Legacy tour.

RTTH won't be played for sure, they stopped playing it during album tours. They will probably bring it back (along with epics like Phantom and Rime) for the next tour - especially if they do a 50th anniversary tour after this tour in 2026 (I assume 2025 will be the 3rd leg of this hybrid tour).

Knowing Maiden, I doubt they'll change even one song for this leg of the tour, but who knows. The US crowd will want to hear TNOTB. Although Prisoner, Children and maybe Total Eclipse (in that order) have their chances. I want an official live video of The Prisoner with this lineup.
I think the SIT songs will be 5 (like the 5 Seventh Son songs for ME tour).
Yeah. This set will likely be loaded with epics (Fear, Hallowed, Hell On Earth, Parchement, Alexander, HCW, Time Machine), so I don't see it being played, unless they drop Fear or Hallowed.
This. Hallowed will remain, TBOS tour also had many longer songs.

Fear of the Dark and Iron Maiden are set 100%. Trooper, Number of the Beast, Hallowed are very likely. Maybe one replaced by 2 Minutes and Wrathchild as classic No. 6. I think with the focus on Somewhere in Time there should be already enough deep cuts. Realistically not more to expect? And actually I don't mind either.

Playing Killers instead FOTD will be a great choice, Bruce loves this song, and it was not played since 99.
Killers is a curious song. By ''curious'' I mean that it had 3 chances to be played again after 1999 (the History tours) but they didn't play it. Really strange. It was a must for the 2005 tour. It's not a very difficult song or something. I guess they will eventually play it again on a future tour. Bruce indeed likes it a lot.

I'm curious: has anyone estimated setlist lengths based on some of the theoretical sets that seem possible? I think 15 songs is the most likely overall length, but if their chosen set ends up running overlong during rehearsals I wouldn't think it impossible they drop a song. Which would be bad since that'd probably mean a SiT song gets dropped. Or good, maybe, if the song they drop ends up being HCW.

I'm curious: has anyone estimated setlist lengths based on some of the theoretical sets that seem possible? I think 15 songs is the most likely overall length, but if their chosen set ends up running overlong during rehearsals I wouldn't think it impossible they drop a song. Which would be bad since that'd probably mean a SiT song gets dropped. Or good, maybe, if the song they drop ends up being HCW.

90 minutes of music at most, plus rants and random intros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back