The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also not demonstratably true either. It was a matter of record in 1999 that they had sold 30 million albums, in communiques from the band themselves and in a TV show put out in the UK on Channel 4 (I think) ranking metal bands in terms of album sales. It's at least 90 million in any figures mentioned these days, suggesting most sales have been since 1999. Of course the majority will probably be back catalogue sales, but they were bought by fans in the second half of Maiden's career.

Bruce: "Something else will happen, can't tell you what. But you'll be happy"

Strange that Steve didn't say anything. I feel like he can't be arsed doing most promotional materials anymore.
Cool footage in the video (they recorded shows for sure). Steve and Janick should have said something. Odd.

The tour is one of Dave's favorites.

About what Bruce said, idk. We will always look for hints, especially from him, but maybe he was talking about his solo album? Naaah. Announcing the dates for the 2nd leg? Possible. Recording a new Maiden album? Please, Bruce, don't make us guess again... :lol:

Bruce: "Something else will happen, can't tell you what. But you'll be happy"

Strange that Steve didn't say anything. I feel like he can't be arsed doing most promotional materials anymore.

Damn, I spotted myself in the video lol

Bruce wouldn't hint at a solo album in a Maiden video. It's about whatever will happen in 2025. I'm hoping for a new album.

Something else... There are strong hints that Bruce might be doing a solo tour during next summer, possibly with Ade. But surely, this is not about that.

Also, even if they switch things up drastically, I think some songs like Alex and Hell On Earth are staying for another round.

In some strange way, which was unimaginable before Bruce's cancer scare, I can actually imagine Bruce and H doing a Bruce solo tour with British Lion opening.

But yeah, I still think it's a 45-date tour announcement with 15 SA, 25 NA and 15 Euro shows. Meanwhile they might record an album in between.

Last edited:
Bruce: "Something else will happen, I can't tell you what. But you'll be happy"
Seems a bit of an odd thing to say if it was just the next leg of the tour. Normally that would be a "we'll see you all again next year/very soon" or similar.

Live video/DVD I assume wouldn't be announced until after the tour is finished.

Could be our first hint of them recording another album.

My bet is, they have new album under their sleeves. No way in such manner Bruce hints a new tour. We already know about it.
Nah, they don't. Unless they recorded remotely, which is very, VERY unlikely. But, they could have the studio booked this winter or early spring.

That said: They had a studio booked in 2021. Bruce wanted to do an album. But they cancelled, because it would be borderline impossible to get Nicko, Steve and Dave to Paris and some band members weren't too happy about living in a bubble for 2 months allegedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back