The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I also thought...Im much older now and I've tried to keep myself in good physical condition as possible.
It almost feels like that the 2008 tour happened just like some moments ago but it has now already been 15 years.
I havent' yet had thoughts on how everything will end and how I feel like then..when there isn't Maiden anymore, there's remarkable void in my life.
Maiden ain't it all for me, but they have been so long time present for me and Im forever grateful that Steve Harris made this possible.
Without Steve Harris there wouldn't be Iron Maiden and my life would be totally more boring.
We are at the point were it could be their last gig at any point. Im sure they all want to go on as long as they can but even the legend that is Steve Harris cant stop health and age. I really dont know what id do without a new Maiden album or gig to look forward to. Lets hope a few more tours to come.

I'm sure the Power Trip organizers would appreciate that
I think they will spread the dates out like they tend to do these days, South American tour more likely announced first (September) then a few weeks later NA (October) and whatever European dates to follow those (early November)

I think they will spread the dates out like they tend to do these days, South American tour more likely announced first (September) then a few weeks later NA (October) and whatever European dates to follow those (early November)
Agreed, plus if they hit or are near the 3 Canadian cities, it would make sense to capitalize on the talk which the shows will cause.

We are at the point were it could be their last gig at any point. Im sure they all want to go on as long as they can but even the legend that is Steve Harris cant stop health and age. I really dont know what id do without a new Maiden album or gig to look forward to. Lets hope a few more tours to come.
They were so young now when I look back at Brave New World and their, in my opinion, live peak in the early 2000s.

Bruce was what about 40 when Brave New World came. The others early mid 40s and Nick slightly older.

They were so young now when I look back at Brave New World and their, in my opinion, live peak in the early 2000s.

Bruce was what about 40 when Brave New World came. The others early mid 40s and Nick slightly older.
the early reunion days are something special.

Bruce had matured his vocal technique and developed his range even more, Nicko was on fire, Steve was diving straight into more out-there stuff, H got that time away from their touring habits of the 80s along with time to express himself, and work with Bruce. Dave was on fire and his playing was smoother than Kerrygold, and Janick had long-since past the oddness of jumping into an established band, and was ready to roll with the punches and pen some gorgeous solos

very very few bands can comeback in their 40s and make records onpar (if not better) than their "classic" work

the early reunion days are something special.

Bruce had matured his vocal technique and developed his range even more, Nicko was on fire, Steve was diving straight into more out-there stuff, H got that time away from their touring habits of the 80s along with time to express himself, and work with Bruce. Dave was on fire and his playing was smoother than Kerrygold, and Janick had long-since past the oddness of jumping into an established band, and was ready to roll with the punches and pen some gorgeous solos

very very few bands can comeback in their 40s and make records onpar (if not better) than their "classic" work
There's a solid argument to be made that BNW is their most important album.

There's a solid argument to be made that BNW is their most important album.
I remembering hearing that Bruce and H were returning. I was so happy. At the time i didnt mind the Blaze era and was still well into the band but after hearing BNW and seeing them on the BNW tour i realised how much Maiden missed them both. Was awesome to hear and see that this wasnt just a one off reunion. I didnt think we'de still be here in 2023 with the same awesome line up and amazing gigs though.

Can we circle back to that Greek date next summer rumour please? Where does it comes from? High Priority, someone close to the band, or is it just wishfull thinking?

I think no one would bet they would go on with the same lineup for the next 25 years and getting even bigger. Maiden has become a bigger band on the second half of their career, that's a crazy thing to think about.
That’s demonstrably untrue in terms of album sales.

Your right yet they feel like a bigger band now. There seems to be more people going to see them but i guess we didnt have the big festivals and arenas in the 80's that we have today. In Europe anyway.
The difference, I think, is the internet. In the 80s, you talked about whatever bands your friends were talking about or what was in magazine articles. But the point remains, Maiden's "second coming" regardless of album sales, is just as impactful as their first golden age.

That’s demonstrably untrue in terms of album sales.
Sales in general have gone down for every band but they've become bigger in ticket sales for example, and also much due to their 80s albums as well with all the history tours. Their post-reunion albums definitely aren't as popular but the continued touring added to the ease of spreading music with the Internet have made them much more popular around the world and in places their music wasn't arriving on their first golden age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back