The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of entitlement... Maiden don't owe anybody any live stream and certainly not if they want to release a concert video of the tour.
I mean they owe it to the fans who got fucked over by the weather. Every other fucking band on the bill streamed, Maiden are the black sheep and the backlash is more than justified when coming from wacken ticker owners who couldn't make it.

From marketing point of view - this reactions are normal. You promise something and then you're changing it because it was a mistake - people are upset. Nothing new here and I don't understand this fan blaming and talks about expecting freebies when that's exactly what was promised.
But the band never promised anything, it was a mistake to list the live stream by the people in charge of the live streaming, Magenta.

I think it’s wholly unfair that the band are taking all the stick for this.

Plus, there was actually a stream in the end just not the one that a large amount of people wanted.

Seems to me like there’s a huge section of the fan base moaning about this because they think Maiden should never ever worry about ever making money anymore because the band members are all well off financially. What about the employees of the Maiden organisation, should the band do everything for free and just pay them out of their own pockets?

That’s what I find bizarre, people thinking they should get something for nothing just because the band are already rich. If we use that viewpoint then why not all professional sports events be free to watch as the athletes are already well off? How about all films and tv shows be completely free to watch because the stars are already rich? The list goes on. It’s a pure jealousy thing and people seem to think they are entitled to stuff because others have more than them. News flash, the world isn’t and never will be equal. Some people will have more than others. I don’t begrudge maiden a single penny and will gladly give them more money for more products and concerts in the future as the cost has been totally worth it too me in terms of my outlay vs the entertainment I’ve had over the decades I’ve been a fan.

I mean they owe it to the fans who got fucked over by the weather. Every other fucking band on the bill streamed, Maiden are the black sheep and the backlash is more than justified when coming from wacken ticker owners who couldn't make it.
As I’ve said before, it’s not Maidebs fault that the weather stopped fans being able to attend. It’s also not the bands fault that the organisers chose to let some people in and not others.

Maiden were contracted to play and that’s what they did. It’s up to Wacken to find assay to compensate the fans who couldn’t attend, not the band.

As I’ve said before, it’s not Maidebs fault that the weather stopped fans being able to attend. It’s also not the bands fault that the organisers chose to let some people in and not others.

Maiden were contracted to play and that’s what they did. It’s up to Wacken to find assay to compensate the fans who couldn’t attend, not the band.
It's a matter of respect. Being the only band to block the livestream was a very shitty behavior and the situation makes it worse.

Watching the video from yesterday again, Nicko also said that they are thinking about something. He said it right before what Bruce said and it was: ''We're gonna take little time off and then we gonna think about what we're gonna do after''.

It's odd because Maiden always wanted to record albums in secret. And Bruce said that we the fans will be happy, all fans. One should expect such a statement after the 2nd leg of the tour next year.

I'm not certain there's anything too definite in what Bruce said. They're obviously going to do something in the future, and his statement is vague enough it could apply to anything at all.

Saying that, logically a live album from this tour released sometime shortly before Christmas would fit the patterns they've gone with in the past. If Power Trip is a success then getting a release out soon after it to cash in would make sense.

I'm not certain there's anything too definite in what Bruce said. They're obviously going to do something in the future, and his statement is vague enough it could apply to anything at all.

Saying that, logically a live album from this tour released sometime shortly before Christmas would fit the patterns they've gone with in the past. If Power Trip is a success then getting a release out soon after it to cash in would make sense.
Nicko says they are gonna think about what they'll do after, then it cuts to Bruce to add I can't tell you what but you'll be happy. I believe it will be a new album with another hint hunt.

I think the intention all along was to advertise Maiden's stream as it actually was and it was Magenta or whoever the fuck initially just put up "Iron Maiden" leading people to believe that their show was going to be livestreamed. It's obvious with all the filming they've done they intend to do some kind of official video release. Yes, most of the folks on this forum would still buy it even if the Wacken show was streamed (and downloaded by some *cough*) but if there was a high quality pro shot someone can grab for free a lot won't.

I'll say it again for the third time it sucks for the fans who were turned away and I feel bad for them but it was they event organizers and not Maiden who did that. Sure it would have been great to see the show streamed as I'm in America and presume will have to wait until 2024 for a chance to see it live but in no way do I feel entitled to it.

Reactions: Yax
I think it's very odd that Bruce only after 1st leg teased something. He didn't say "1st leg", he said "1st 35 shows" which means there will be that many more or even more than that. But that only makes it to 70+ shows and no Maiden tour had less than 100 shows since TFF tour, which maybe means that there will be a third leg (Australia and Asia maybe ???) in 2025. But I think that is too long, considering that we have Senjutsu for already 2 years and album has been promoted for 2 tours (legs) already. Having it for another leg wpuld be enough if you ask me. But if we put this theory aside, I think it would be possible that we'll get a new single (which would apear on new album) sooneer than we think. I honestly expect new Maiden album nothing later than 2025, so we'll maybe get it next year and wait for a few months for actual album. In between we'll probably get a live album (and maybe DVD) by the end of next year. New album is the only thing that I think is somehing that could make all fans happy as Bruce says.

I think it's very odd that Bruce only after 1st leg teased something. He didn't say "1st leg", he said "1st 35 shows" which means there will be that many more or even more than that. But that only makes it to 70+ shows and no Maiden tour had less than 100 shows since TFF tour, which maybe means that there will be a third leg (Australia and Asia maybe ???) in 2025. But I think that is too long, considering that we have Senjutsu for already 2 years and album has been promoted for 2 tours (legs) already. Having it for another leg wpuld be enough if you ask me. But if we put this theory aside, I think it would be possible that we'll get a new single (which would apear on new album) sooneer than we think. I honestly expect new Maiden album nothing later than 2025, so we'll maybe get it next year and wait for a few months for actual album. In between we'll probably get a live album (and maybe DVD) by the end of next year. New album is the only thing that I think is somehing that could make all fans happy as Bruce says.
I think he didn't say 1st leg because they still have 4 shows to play. I doubt there will be a 3rd leg (I think they view it as an album tour), especially if they play in Japan next year.

New single next year? Maybe play it during the 2nd leg (Rod said there will be a 2nd leg of the tour in the press release last year)? I doubt it, but who knows - they already did that (in a way) in 2003 and 2010. Maybe their original plan was to only play TWOTW last year, before they decided to combine 2 tours. Also, lead single and album should be released in the same year.

Agreed with your last comment. I expect a new album in this time frame: 2025-2027 (at the latest).

I never read too much into what Bruce says in these types of videos, what's certain is the tour will go into 2024 , and the 'happy' part could actually refer too them putting out a live album / dvd documenting the show which could happen before leg 2 starts.

I wont expect any talk of a new album until at least 2025.

I never read too much into what Bruce says in these types of videos, what's certain is the tour will go into 2024 , and the 'happy' part could actually refer too them putting out a live album / dvd documenting the show which could happen before leg 2 starts.

I wont expect any talk of a new album until at least 2025.

We shouldn’t read much into his childish teasing. My money is on more European tour dates next year (in addition to a North American and South American tour).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back