The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current incarnation of Nicko' drums are twins to Book of Souls touring drums. Opposite colorwise, but artistically in the same vein, imo.
To me, Book of Souls touring drums are the best of all.
It's reminiscent of his kit from last year. I would have added the green Japanese characters from the album booklet on every piece and the bass drum artwork would have been the Samurai head. It would have been more distinctive. Agreed about TBOS kit.

I think you could be right. Nicko said in one interview that playing Clansman and Sign Of The Cross on the Legacy tour probably inspired songs like Lost World, Celts and Time Machine. I don't think they will ever repeat the style/feel of the SIT album though. Given Steve's interview, I'm also not sure if we will get a new album soon. Everything depends on whether they want to celebrate their 50th anniv. in 2025 (or probably in 2026) with a new album or with another Hits tour. Also, we got amazing solos from Adrian on the latest album.
I believe we will get new studio album for 50 anniv. 2025 with farewell mini tour. I don’t see them being active in music after 2025 anymore.

EDIT: It would be perfect if the name of the new album is simply Iron Maiden, just as they started back 50 years ago, would make sense to do the full circle. IMO

I absolutely love that they dropped 666, RTTH and HBTN, and I think this never ever happened before that all of them got dropped.
True. They should have dropped Trooper too, they started this anyway. Make the tour even more unique!
Some of the backdrops looked cheap with less Eddies than usual.
That's the only thing I wanted and that could be improved. That, and the addition of Parchment. Although 6 of the backdrops are amazing.

I think the thing about the trooper this tour is that it can be changed out for a more 'rare' song, if a song like CSIT proves to be too hard in the length, so that we still get a 'interesting' song to replace for instance CSIT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! its one song i need to see live

If everything its prepared and what Steve Harris said its true,they were thinking about doing a tour with all epics.... Rime of the ancient Mariner,Alexander the great,Seventh son of a Seventh son, The talisman,

Can you imagine?

I think you could be right. Nicko said in one interview that playing Clansman and Sign Of The Cross on the Legacy tour probably inspired songs like Lost World, Celts and Time Machine. I don't think they will ever repeat the style/feel of the SIT album though. Given Steve's interview, I'm also not sure if we will get a new album soon. Everything depends on whether they want to celebrate their 50th anniv. in 2025 (or probably in 2026) with a new album or with another Hits tour. Also, we got amazing solos from Adrian on the latest album.
Where is this Steve interview?

No I think HCW was planned all along. That's when they do the gun battle
Exactly. I've been saying since the tour was announced that HCW would make the setlist 100%. It was consistently and for multiple tours in a row the song to represent the SIT album. There was no way that the one song from the album that has been played the most wouldn't make the setlist and I definitely feel vindicated now lol

He's actually been solid since 2020 or so. Think he's been using a click
True, I was mostly joking, but credit where credit's due; he's improved a lot in the last few years.

Thank you. No guitar for a few weeks as I have wounds on my right hand index and middle fingers, but... Yeah, Shit happens.
Get well soon!

For some reason I have this feeling we won't get more albums.
Eh, Bruce said that they almost rented a studio during the pandemic to record another album, but decided against it. I'd be surprised if we don't get at least one more album out of them.

Last edited:
Hello
I want to answer the haters who complain about the new set list or the few mistakes on stage. I have had a lot of respect for this group for 30 years. Honestly, which group gives so much at this age with such energy?. You wanted atg they did and I'm going. They could very well do 50 farewell tours with always the same pieces. But no, they prefer to challenge themselves to give us stars in the eyes. Everything can be improved but make the most of their time is running out. You will see the void when they are no longer there. Respect

Eh, Bruce said that they almost rented a studio during the pandemic to record another album, but decided against it. I'd be surprised if we don't get at least one more album out of them.
This tour will wrap up in 2024 (I'm going out on a limb here and saying this is just the first leg), probably towards the end, or at least the middle. That'll be 4.5 years after the pandemic started. That is a long time. I would not even remotely expect it, but I'd be thrilled.

Hello
I want to answer the haters who complain about the new set list or the few mistakes on stage. I have had a lot of respect for this group for 30 years. Honestly, which group gives so much at this age with such energy?. You wanted atg they did and I'm going. They could very well do 50 farewell tours with always the same pieces. But no, they prefer to challenge themselves to give us stars in the eyes. Everything can be improved but make the most of their time is running out. You will see the void when they are no longer there. Respect
Absolutely agree.

But no, they prefer to challenge themselves to give us stars in the eyes.
This.
You will see the void when they are no longer there.
And this. These lines brought tears to my eyes.

I missed a few.... didnt expect the prisoner

from Senjutsu
1.Days of future past
2.Hell on earth
3.Time machine
4.Writting on the wall
5.Death of the celts
from CST
1.caught somewhere in time
2.heaven can wait
3.stranger in a strange land
4.wasted years
5. Alexander the great
other songs
1.Iron maiden
2.number of the beast
3.Fear of the dark
4.the trooper
5.Only the good die young

You will see the void when they are no longer there.
That is something that I've thought in the last few years. Time and aging, it's something we cannot slow or stop. So surely the sands of time are running low (soon).
It has been awesome ride and Im so glad, that Maiden has been here with me almost the whole lifetime..
So..when they do call it a day and no longer exists, it will be one of the most saddest days ever but also atleast I have the memories and music with me until the very end of my own life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back