The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought about it... The last time a band with such career did a set like this, was Rush with the Clockwork Angels tour...

Would write a longer post why, but can't as I ate concrete a few hours ago cycling back from work (there will be scars and bruises, but could have been much worse).

Get well soon mate. I had a nasty bike crash some years ago and these things are never nice.

Current incarnation of Nicko' drums are twins to Book of Souls touring drums. Opposite colorwise, but artistically in the same vein, imo.
To me, Book of Souls touring drums are the best of all.

Led screens are a great addition because they provide a frame to the curtains and make them look tighter, less "sloppy".
Yeah, they could have added 2 towers too.
Btw, are those really drapes? They look more ''real''. If it's also a screen, they can change songs between shows more easily since they won't have to paint a new backdrop. Idk, the backdrop for TWOTW last year looked more colorful (painted) than this year's one for the song.

I will never believe rumors or anything regarding lineup changes, as they will go with this one right until the end.
Also, why would they bother replacing member with newer sort of nobody. Don't see any point or reason.
I know Nicko is old, but he's got his mind and will here, stubborn as you might think of him, his doing his job until the very last breath of our precious Iron Maiden.

To the setlist complainers, I predict that on the 2024 leg Maiden will swap out 1 each of the SiT, Senjutsu, and classic songs, similar to the Book of Souls tour. I bet it's already planned.
It's possible, especially one of the new songs and one of the old classics. About the SIT songs, I doubt it.

Death Of The Celts will not be in the 2024 leg, they will see it through this tour but I imagine if the crowds keep being completely dead during it like opening night it's not sticking around.
Parchment probably will be it's logical replacement, It may or may not get a better reception but at least all the trade off solos will make it more of a spectacle . And Bruce nailing MEET ME THEEEEEEREEEEEE will get a crowd response
No way. Both will lose the crowd. Stick in something like Clansman or something

How often do production hold tickets get available a few days before the concert? Flight passages to London are exceptionally cheap but I don’t have tickets, thinking about buying anyway.

Also, what is interesting is there is 0 props on Trooper. No jacket, no flag. Just the backdrop. Was the song an afterthought and replaced another one?
Maybe their initial plan was to play Hallowed instead, but because it's a long and difficult song, they decided to drop it. Both Trooper and NOTB were omitted in 2006. Bruce didn't use the jacket in 2018/2019, but the flag was always there. Maybe he felt he needed a fresh approach on it for a tour or thought they wouldn't fit the stage. And the current tour is without so much theatrics, the light show is the centerpiece.

Band dusted of SIT songs... and will play them for a few months... What if.... it will affect their writing of the new material, in a good way. Especially Adrian's and Steve's. Next album can be much more airy and ethereal... with jaw dropping Adrian's solos. Just a thought.
I think you could be right. Nicko said in one interview that playing Clansman and Sign Of The Cross on the Legacy tour probably inspired songs like Lost World, Celts and Time Machine. I don't think they will ever repeat the style/feel of the SIT album though. Given Steve's interview, I'm also not sure if we will get a new album soon. Everything depends on whether they want to celebrate their 50th anniv. in 2025 (or probably in 2026) with a new album or with another Hits tour. Also, we got amazing solos from Adrian on the latest album.

How often do production hold tickets get available a few days before the concert? Flight passages to London are exceptionally cheap but I don’t have tickets, thinking about buying anyway.
I would say always. Back in the day I worked for a record store chain that was a SEATS outlet (which eventually became Ticketmaster). We would wait till the day of a show to buy our tickets because they always released great seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back