The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
I know Wiki is fairly unreliable, but if it was going to invent figures, these seem a little precise (& random): "44,672/ 51,754" [Tickets sold/Tickets on sale]

CriedWhenBrucieLeft said:
I was down there the other month (not when I was at Maiden; I never noticed when I went to the gig), & I think they've started building it already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-13750635

It's going to be reasonably big, but, more importantly, acoustically made for music.
Thanks. This is good news indeed! Hopefully I won't be wider than it is long and maybe the seats will be less uncomfortable. The link says it'll be ready for 2013 which will be at least two years before Maiden's next UK tour. :p At least teething problems will have gone by the time Maiden come back. I suppose they'll open the venue with some nonsense like The Fratelllis and The View.

UpTheIrons said:
Wikipedia reckons that 55K is the maximum attendance for concerts and 82K for rugby and other sporting events, however Wikipedia isn't the most reliable of sources so you might be correct! I do know that the Twickenham management wouldn't allow the standing area to packed to the full with people due to good ol' health and safety though...
The 82k for rugby is correct (http://www.rfu.com/TwickenhamStadium). The attendance for concerts seems to be correct as well (http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.c ... _increase/). Wiki is right! ;)

I was fortunate enough to see Maiden  three times this year (Sydney x 2 and Manchester) and from the setlist my top five live songs in order were:

1. When the Wild Wind Blows
2. Dance of Death
3. The Evil That Men Do
4. Blood Brothers
5. The Talisman

The Wickerman was incredible in Manchester as was coming home..both narrowly missed out on 5th spot.

Wikipedia has been tested, and found to be as accurate as the Encyclopaedia Brittanica. It's time we move away from the "Wiki isn't a verifiable source" crap. More like, "If that sounds weird, we should check it elsewhere."

The majority of things on Wikipedia are referenced to reliable and accurate sources anyway. It's not acceptable to reference Wikipedia itself though.

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
The Wickerman was incredible in Manchester as was coming home..

True, i keep watching my head bobbing around in the videos as i managed to find myself getting the water bottle treatment during brucies speach on youtube  :bigsmile:  For me dance of death is unbeatable as a live track. blood brothers and wicker man always get the crowd going which seems to be the brave new world way.
For me i preferred the 2010 leg even without the new songs, it may be something to do with that being my first gig and it being part of my first solo holiday ... it just had more power when they broke on stage with wicker man... plus this time it was end of tour and you could see certain members felt the strain but still did great  ;)
Manchester did beat Belfast though (at least the earlier got trooper) but not Dublin, the crowd i think were as good as the band there.

On another note could it be a sign of obsession that now the tours over i still check the official site tridaily for any news on whats next... i think im going to start withdrawing soon and that could be dangerous  :edmetal:
Either way good tour and i eagerly await another, Maiden dont need to rest  :blink:

jonnytron said:
For me i preferred the 2010 leg even without the new songs, it may be something to do with that being my first gig and it being part of my first solo holiday ... it just had more power when they broke on stage with wicker man...

Yeah. Although a great song, I don't think the Final Frontier was a great opener. Would it have been heretic if they played Satellite 15 to open, then straight into The Wicker Man, then when that Bruce says "Welcome... to the FINAL FRONTIER... HAHAHA", then they play the song?

i didnt mind the sat15..tff opening, i quite liked it actually. its just that after tht built all the suspense they got all the new songs out in such quick succession that after wtwwb there was little to be too excited about because it was pretty much the same as last year. No big surprises was the let down, in 2010 BTATS and PFD started proceedings in USA which was a pleasant one and these colours dont run was there and not so much of a surprise ghost of the navigator and brave new world. personally i wish rather than replace these with TFF songs that they should have replaced maybe some of those which we come to expect (Running free, the evil that men do or the trooper or even blood brothers or wicker man as it should be an opener or non present in my books maybe)(Hallowed or FOTD would never be dropped)

I just think the show was a bit samey, id heard people saying it before i went but now i see what they mean, something new would be nice but hey all we can do is pray 'arry agrees some day  :lol:    Still put on 2 great shows though

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
I was fortunate enough to see Maiden  three times this year (Sydney x 2 and Manchester) and from the setlist my top five live songs in order were:

1. When the Wild Wind Blows
2. Dance of Death
3. The Evil That Men Do
4. Blood Brothers
5. The Talisman

The Wickerman was incredible in Manchester as was coming home..both narrowly missed out on 5th spot.

When the Wild Wind Blows and The Talisman were epic live. Hopefully they will become regulars on the setlist in future tours1

LooseCannon said:
Wikipedia has been tested, and found to be as accurate as the Encyclopaedia Brittanica. It's time we move away from the "Wiki isn't a verifiable source" crap. More like, "If that sounds weird, we should check it elsewhere."

I was only joking, I use it to research and check things all the time, my main reason for poking fun is mainly down to a time when a bunch of people from my school constantly vandalised an article that my class was told to look at for homework about 5 years ago  :bigsmile:

Dr Sin said:
When the Wild Wind Blows and The Talisman were epic live. Hopefully they will become regulars on the setlist in future tours1

Hopefully, they won't! Although both went really well live, I believe that there are better epic songs that could make a future set list instead of those two.  After all, we are not talking about a Rime Of The Ancient Mariner/Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son combo.

Black Wizard said:
Not on an album tour they couldn't. Iron Maiden didn't sell out Twickenham on the Somewhere Back in Time tour and that was their only UK date. Plus the capacity of Twickenham is at least 20,000 greater than Hampden Park.
Well they're not going to play up at Inverness for starters. So where else? Firhill? Fir Park?  It will never happen. Iron Maiden's tours are so massive that they aren't going to schedule it so that they can borrow a football stadium in Scotland for a day outwith the football season. We're stuck with the SECC unless someone builds a purpose-built music venue with 10,000 capacity in Scotland, and that won't happen either.

They do concerts at old trafford cricket ground, but i don't know the attendances.

I heard a pretty reliable rumour (coming from a person who talked to someone from the Killer Crew) - there will be another leg of the tour next year, focusing on the USA and Canada (June - July) and then likely a brief stint through European open air festivals in August.

That would be cool. I hope They change the setlist up if that happens.

Oh, they'll change the setlist. They'll replace a few overplayed songs with few other overplayed songs.

Back