The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Actually what Bruce says in that Russian interview is the following:

"We started touring before The Final Frontier was out, and first we played just one song from it. Then we brought the number of new songs in the concert up to four. Now we're gonna add some old material like The Trooper and 2 Minutes to Midnight".
He obviously couldn't say that since they've played just one new song during the summer, and thus there are probably errors in translating the interview to Russian (that might also explain the issue with Eddie's laser eyes). My guess is that he said "We're gonna add 4 more new songs in the concert" or something like that.

My guess is also the setlist will be like that:

The Final Frontier
El Dorado
2 Minutes to Midnight
Coming Home
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
The Trooper
The Talisman
Wildest Dreams
When the Wild Wind Blows
Wasted Years
Brave New World
Fear of The Dark
Iron Maiden

The Evil That Men Do
The Number of The Beast
Run to the Hills

Anyway, it's just for those who'd like to speculate a bit more. I'll just wait for Feb.11 concert to check if that speculations are true with my own eyes and ears :)

Thanks for the info. And:

monroe48 said:
My guess is also the setlist will be like that:

The Final Frontier
El Dorado
2 Minutes to Midnight
Coming Home
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
The Trooper
The Talisman
Wildest Dreams
When the Wild Wind Blows
Wasted Years
Brave New World
Fear of The Dark
Iron Maiden

The Evil That Men Do
The Number of The Beast
Run to the Hills

Looks like a logical list but you forget

Maiden's ever present anthem.  :)

Forostar said:
Looks like a logical list but you forget

Maiden's ever present anthem.  :)

Well, yes, you're right,

I just realized there weren't any tour with Bruce without that anthem :). So it'll probably go instead of RTTH or something like that.

Yeah, they will play
Hallowed, and probably Running Free

And I really hope they don't play
Wildest Dreams or Benjamin Breeg. Hopefully The Wicker Man/Rainmaker/Different World in place of Wildest Dreams and The Longest Day/These Colours Don't Run instead of Breeg.

monroe48 said:
Well, yes, you're right,

I just realized there weren't any tour with Bruce without that anthem :). So it'll probably go instead of RTTH or something like that.

It was always played, also with Blaze. :)

Boo!

If on 24 Feb they play
only 4 new songs but include a bunch of reunion songs I will be a very happy fan, but if they play 5-6 off TFF I will cry with happiness like the guy with the beard who catches one of Nico's drumsticks in Flight 666

It is not a spolier to say that Hallowed will be played. Nicko has declared he will not play unless they included Hallowed Be Thy Name. I hope I don't ruin anyone's show by stating that they will also play Iron Maiden. One of the rules of this forum is that you be educated about Iron Maiden.

Edit by Wasted: It may be obvious to many that song X is always played or not, but if you are speaking of this current set list, please spoiler it, even if it is known by everyone.

Did everyone see this?

EdForceOne2011_med.jpg

:edmetal:

More pics here-

http://ironmaidenflight666.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-ed-force-one-2011-final-frontier.html

On the IM website it says on the tour listings that there are still more dates for 2011 still to be announced, maybe more US dates? what do you think? :)

Ed Force One ready for the 2011 tour!

New pictures of Ed Force One, ready to fly Maiden around the world on the Final Frontier World Tour! Complete with new tail artwork and everything  :D

EdForceOne2011_med.jpg

20662355-180501_10150138244860661_551600660_8362657_6582331_n.jpg

No More US dates to this tour - wait until 2012 :bigsmile:. Chances that they add some US dates to the "Around the world in 66 days" part of the tour are very low. And it's unlikely that they go to US during huge Europe tour. About "more dates for 2011"  perhaps they announce headline act in Sonisphere in Greece and Czech Republic or probably Bulgaria.  

No
Isle Of Avalon
? What a shame.

I'd rather drop
El Dorado

And playing Alexander The Great would be the most awesome surprise ever, but the chances..  :halo:

There's no sense in getting upset about hypothetical set lists folks, the first show isn't until Friday.  Then you can moan all you want.

Re: Ed Force One ready for the 2011 tour!

I might be going to the airport to see this!

Donner said:
There's no sense in getting upset about hypothetical set lists folks, the first show isn't until Friday.  Then you can moan all you want.

I don't want to sound arrogant but some of us know at least 80% of the setlist.
Complaining beforehand will make it easier later.  :D

Besides: I don't think I want to know the real setlist before I see them, so this is the best moment. ;-P

I think these songs are pretty much guaranteed:
Iron Maiden
The Trooper
The Number of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of The Dark
Run to The Hills
Wrathchild

And I think these are the songs from The Final Frontier that will be chosen:
The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Mother of Mercy/The Alchemist
Coming Home
Isle of Avalon
When The Wild Wind Blows

That leaves room for 3 or 4 reunion or surprise songs.

Back