The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
OMG :yey: :yey: Eddie is so huge as I imagined to be
So.. what do you think, that gig from Chile will be recorded with this Eddie ?  :bigsmile:

Nice, there's a high possibility that we'll have a TV broadcast (read pro bootleg) there.
Rock In Rio, full TV boot, Death On The Road, partial TV boot, Donington 2007, full webcast boot.

Zare said:
Nice, there's a high possibility that we'll have a TV broadcast (read pro bootleg) there.
Rock In Rio, full TV boot, Death On The Road, partial TV boot, Donington 2007, full webcast boot.

That would be great, yeah! Don't forget the Chile 2008 SBIT radio boot, Rock am Ring 2003 and Ullevi 2005.

Zare said:

I rather have such a boot of a non-official Maiden release. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDPXgxidjIQ&feature=feedlik
HD recording of Coming Home in Sao Paulo

Forostar said:
I rather have such a boot of a non-official Maiden release. ;)

Of course, we get additional goodies. There are pro video boots from BNW and DOD tours, South American dates, apart from RiR TV broadcast, of course.
The only 00's tour without pro footage is AMOLAD tour.

Ranko said:
That would be great, yeah! Don't forget the Chile 2008 SBIT radio boot, Rock am Ring 2003 and Ullevi 2005.

I listed occasions where we have official release and pro video bootleg of same show. My reasoning is based on this; band doesn't need to recruit additional cameras and mixing desks if some TV station is interested in broadcasting concert live. Dortmund 2003 bootleg uses exactly the same video information as DOTR DVD release. Even the black/white effects and audience shots.

Stallion Duck said:
I've never seen that. Is there extra footage on it?

Here, have a look; http://www.youtube.com/user/PDestM#p/u/5/xb6IybyeIOA
No extra footage, and incomplete show - they broadcasted two DoD songs + all classics.

Zare said:
I listed occasions where we have official release and pro video bootleg of same show. My reasoning is based on this; band doesn't need to recruit additional cameras and mixing desks if some TV station is interested in broadcasting concert live. Dortmund 2003 bootleg uses exactly the same video information as DOTR DVD release. Even the black/white effects and audience shots.

Wow, had no idea that Dortmund was aired on TV. Btw, don't count on Donington 2007 getting released that soon...

I hope they recorded at least one concert from AMOL&D tour. It would've been great if they release a DVD containing whole AMOL&D album and all TFF songs played live, but I guess that they will just include those 2 shows from Chile and Argentina.

Thad would be cool if they put the AMOLAD songs on the next DVD as a bonus feature. The only other highlight of that show was bruce falling and COTD.

They should make a DVD with footage from A Matter Of Life & Death tour (when they played the full album), Donington 2007, 2010 TFF tour and those 2 concerts from Chile and Argentina, and exclude songs from 80's and Fear Of The Dark.

Or, they could do a DVD with several versions of Iron Maiden, The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills! Which seems more likely? :D (Hint - Early Days DVD, The BBC Archives)

Ranko said:
Or, they could do a DVD with several versions of Iron Maiden, The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills! Which seems more likely? :D (Hint - Early Days DVD, The BBC Archives)
The Early Days DVD was awesome.

The Early Days dvd was great! Hopefully they will put out a dvd or cd with both legs of the TFF tour on it. I love what they did last summer playing all the 00's songs with a few classics. It was an awesome concert! I'm going to see them in April. Can't wait to hear all the new stuff live! I really like the setlist. I think it has a good balance to it.

Wickerman 32 said:
I love what they did last summer playing all the 00's songs with a few classics.

Same.  It was a completely different show than the 'Somewhere Back inTime' two years previous, but the show was just as awesome.
If it was a rehash of the same stuff, I would've been disappointed.

That's whats so great about maiden. They alternate tours between all classics and all new material so we get a bit of everything. That's why I would really like to see a classic show next time.

Back