Sweden says NO to no classics! Ullevi still not even close to sold out

LooseCannon said:
THE FIRE IN THE SKY!!!

THE SIGN OF THE CRRROOOOOOSS!! YEAH!

About the topic, this is one of the most pointless threads I've seen in a while. It disappoints me to see so many people feed this troll.

HallowedBeMyName said:
THE SIGN OF THE CRRROOOOOOSS!! YEAH!

About the topic, this is one of the most pointless threads I've seen in a while. It disappoints me to see so many people feed this troll.
you should've seen him on the official forum. He was worse.

Maiden should be applauded. They have balls.

While some bands are rivisiting 30 year old albums to play in their entirety, Maiden did just that with a new one.

Maiden's attitude to their newer songs live is probably a big part of why songs from the likes of Brave New World are considered classics now, just 10 years on. if they show the same confidence in Final Frontier material, there is no reason why tracks from this album can't be considered bonafide classics within 10 years.

This is what separates Maiden from other metal bands. I have lost interest in my favourite band's (Motorhead) live shows because of their indifference to material less than 25 years old on recent tours.

I think they should play classics in the countries which they never performed or just performed one or two times. For example, they performed once in my country (Turkey) back in 1998 but that was uncomplete. I mean no Bruce, no Adrian. If they come Turkey (i hope) they should play the classics because they never did this. But in the countries which they performed a lot of times, they should play a setlist like this : %50 Reunion songs, %50 never or 1-2 times performed old songs. Here's an example.

1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. Still Life
4. Dance of Death
5. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Where Eagles Dare
8. 22 Acacia Avenue
9. For the Greater Good of God
10. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
11. El Dorado
12. Brave New World
13. Iron Maiden
14. Alexander the Great
15. Phantom of the Opera
16. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

But that play the classics shit is ridiculous.

I'm sure if they haven't toured a place in a while they take that into consideration. Nice post.

On another note, surprised this hasn't made it's way to the madness forum.

Onhell said:
I'm sure if they haven't toured a place in a while they take that into consideration. Nice post.

On another note, surprised this hasn't made it's way to the madness forum.

Because of that, this will now become a very serious thread!!

(but not by me)

Has anyone come up with a good reason yet why Transylvania was not played in Transylvania?  Really, re-learning that ONE song was too much trouble, even when they acknowledged the coolness of the situation with a post on their website?

Crimson Mask said:
Has anyone come up with a good reason yet why Transylvania was not played in Transylvania?  Really, re-learning that ONE song was too much trouble, even when they acknowledged the coolness of the situation with a post on their website?

I love Maiden to death, but find the exclusion of that song for what could have been a very cool one off to be fairly inexcusable. 

Donner said:
I love Maiden to death, but find the exclusion of that song for what could have been a very cool one off to be fairly inexcusable. 

Is it just possible that 3 guitarists on that song would fuck it up?  I think Janick was the last one to play it live.  So, Adrian would have to relearn it so Janick can stretch and dance, or Adrian would just stand around?  Or they just don't care?  Who knows.  I like pants though.

Back