Sweden says NO to no classics! Ullevi still not even close to sold out

Funny thing, to me at least, is how die hard fans clamor for underplayed songs to be performed live.  When I saw Maiden numerous times in 08 the least "celebrated" song was quite easily Moonchild.  In some ways I can see why they don't deviate too far from the tried and true classics live, because those are tried and true. 

I must be a rare breed, I really don't care what Maiden plays when I see them.  I just want to see them.  The vibe of the show, the actual build up and everything, and seeing them is the highlight.  The songs themselves almost, oddly, seem secondary.  I enjoyed the AMOLAD tour and the SBIT tour almost equally.  Then again, I've seen the band a bunch. 

Perun said:
Not to warm up a tedious debate, but here is footage from the "still not even close to sold out" Ullevi gig. If this is a crowd saying "no to no classics", then I am Mickey Mouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnJoVc-h10c&NR=1

No you're spot on Perun. This thread was originally started as a direct dig at TFF gig in Ullevi which turned out to be a massive success. Debate over. Thread should be closed now I reckon.

They did get colder reviews than usual though. They always get 4-5's. Now they got 3-4s.

Keep in mind though. Journalists are journalists and these particular ones are hardly die hard fans. They are classic-holics.  :ninja:

Yax said:
They did get colder reviews than usual though. They always get 4-5's. Now they got 3-4s.

Keep in mind though. Journalists are journalists and these particular ones are hardly die hard fans. They are classic-holics.  :ninja:

Again, the thread was started because Ullevi was, apparently not selling many tickets and saying no to this tour. The gig was fucking packed. Regardless of what anyone thought of the gig the fact is people still came out in their droves to see TFF gig. PC got it wrong....again. Thread over.

Back